Windows 10: exact boot order

Discus and support exact boot order in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Having problems with PC booting at all. a couple of days ago I noticed windows updates had been installed and required a restart.so shut all apps, go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by dan72205, May 13, 2022.

1. dan72205 Win User

exact boot order

Having problems with PC booting at all. a couple of days ago I noticed windows updates had been installed and required a restart.so shut all apps, go to start-restart and update, return 20 mins later to a WHITE screen that says something not found and suggeststhe steps to do in order to restart. first, run a bunch of hardware diagnostics, all tests pass. then suggests restoring to previous point created by windows before updates. no success. loops back to run diagnostics again. no success. finally I click continue and new screen appearswith QR code and a url that I could not see before it l

:)

dan72205, May 13, 2022

2. Right boot order but doesnt boot right. But works on manual boot.

Hello Kyle,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in your computer regarding the bootup of the device. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• What is the exact make and model of your PC?
    • As mentioned, "But if i load it in first time boot, and then select the po or something(the first in my boot order) it works", can you explain us what exact issue are you facing?
    • Was there any recent hardware changes done prior to the issue?
    • Did you check in BIOS if the Boot menu order is changed?
    Please post to us with the information above to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, May 13, 2022
  3. pepanee Win User
    Boot Order?

Yes. From my experience, the boot order goes down that list of everything that is listed there. If none of the devices have anything to boot from, then yes, like Winuser said, the computer will state that there is no boot device.

pepanee, May 13, 2022
  4. GNJha Win User

exact boot order

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, May 13, 2022
Thema:

exact boot order

1. exact boot order - Similar Threads - exact boot order

2. Can I change the exact order of photos in an album?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I change the exact order of photos in an album?: Can I change the exact order of my photos in an album? I see that I can change it by date taken, size, ascending etc, but I want to drag and drop the photos in a specific order within the folder, and I cannot find that option. Thanks. I am using the Onedrive Personal photos...
  3. Can I change the exact order of photos in an album?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I change the exact order of photos in an album?: Can I change the exact order of my photos in an album? I see that I can change it by date taken, size, ascending etc, but I want to drag and drop the photos in a specific order within the folder, and I cannot find that option. Thanks. I am using the Onedrive Personal photos...
  4. Can I change the exact order of photos in an album?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. exact boot order

in Windows 10 Gaming
    exact boot order: Having problems with PC booting at all. a couple of days ago I noticed windows updates had been installed and required a restart.so shut all apps, go to start-restart and update, return 20 mins later to a WHITE screen that says something not found and suggeststhe steps to do...
  6. exact boot order

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    exact boot order: Having problems with PC booting at all. a couple of days ago I noticed windows updates had been installed and required a restart.so shut all apps, go to start-restart and update, return 20 mins later to a WHITE screen that says something not found and suggeststhe steps to do...
  7. What exactly is the correct order of partitions in GPT disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What exactly is the correct order of partitions in GPT disk: I bought a new 500 GB SSD.I used EasyUS partition magager to make it GPT and then created 4 partitions 80+80+130+130 plus I saw that there was a small partition, some 300 MB at the start of the disk.Then I went to install W8.1 on it, but that said "partitions are not in...
  8. Boot order

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Boot order: Hello, BIOS (legacy type) is supposedly is able to edit the [I]boot order[I] but mine refused to do it, nothing happens. I'd like to put the CD drive in the first place, so my machine would be able to boot from it. I need it because the created rescue discs configured so....
  9. Changing Boot Order

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing Boot Order: Having found my way into the BIOS to change the boot order I am faced with 4 options. Which one do I select? I want the PC to call first on a USB Recovery Drive, created with Macrium Reflect. Should I go back to BIOS to make a note of the options and list them here, as I...
  10. Boot Order?

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot Order?: Hello If the pc BIOS is set such that the very first device to boot from is a usb stick, what happens if there is no usb stick ? Will it “automatically” go to the second device (presumably a normal boot) ? Thanks, Bob 99882