Windows 10: Exact Cost to Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro?

Discus and support Exact Cost to Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi All been here before, but when I tried to recover old accounts password emails weren't recognized, anyways wondering what the exact cost would be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AMDMan2016, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Exact Cost to Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro?

Hi All

been here before, but when I tried to recover old accounts password emails weren't recognized, anyways wondering what the exact cost would be to upgrade from WIndows 10 Home to Pro? Currently my 8 Core System is Running Windows 10 Home, kinda missing bitlocker encryption like my old System had, and also Remote Desktop and such. (Old System was HP P6-2133W, with OEM Windows 7, 8.0 and finally 8.1 with Media Center which autoly got updated to Pro when I upgraded on July 29th 2015), didn't have unused media center key, so have to wait now til I can afford Pro version for this system

:)

AMDMan2016, Mar 21, 2016

2. Windows 10 upgrade will I have to pay any extra for this upgrade?

Hi,

You need Windows 8.1 Pro to be able to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free.

As you have 8.1, you can not upgrade to 10 Pro for free.

A copy of Windows 10 Home will cost $119, while Windows 10 Pro will cost $199. For those who wish to upgrade from the Home edition to the Pro edition, a Windows 10 Pro Pack will cost $99.

Cheers.

Bill Smithers, Mar 21, 2016
  3. DanRasch Win User
    Windows 10 Pro for Students?

I am a student with Windows 10 Home. Will there be a student discount way to upgrade to Pro? For example, my student cost for Windows 8 Pro is $10. Upgrade cost from Windows 10 Home to Pro is $100. And I can't simply buy Windows 8 Pro for $10 and then
    upgrade to Windows 10 Pro because the free upgrade ended last month (in July 2016).

DanRasch, Mar 21, 2016
  4. Exact Cost to Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro?

If you need to connect to your Windows 10 system, you can use something like Teamviewer, rather than pay for an OS upgrade. There aren't many reasons for a non-domain computer to need Pro, so I wouldn't spend any money on it. If you have a previous version of Windows that's a Professional or above, you can just activate that with Window 10 Pro.

DeaconFrost, Mar 21, 2016
  5. Yeah I don't have any previous versions sadly with Pro, last Pro Version I had was result of Media Center upgrade when I got 8.0 when it first came out. Sadly that went with my old PC to Mom though to replace her old old Vista System, so guess will decide what to do in regards to this situation in the coming weeks or months, depending on how long takes to save money up if I choose to get Pro still, not sure yet

AMDMan2016, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Exact Cost to Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro?

1. Exact Cost to Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro? - Similar Threads - Exact Cost Upgrading

2. Upgrading from windows 10 home to pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading from windows 10 home to pro: Hi I am Shubhang,I was having an old pc with Windows 10 Pro. Its Digital license was linked to my microsoft account.After some time, I have bought a new Laptop running Windows 10 Home. I signed into laptop with same account which was signed into old pc. Now it shows that...
  3. How much does it cost to upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro in the UK

How much does it cost to upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro in the UK: A similar question but Google let me down :- Due to Brexit and Home Teaching, there is a lack of 2-in-1 laptops running Windows 10 Pro so an option is to buy one with Windows 10 Home and upgrade....
  4. Windows 10 upgrade from Home to Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 upgrade from Home to Pro: I have Windows 10 Home pre-installed on my Laptop along with MS Office Home and Student 2019. Will the MS Office Home and Student 2019 still work after I upgrade to Windows 10 Pro ?...
  5. Discounted upgrade cost from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro

Discounted upgrade cost from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro: Is there a discounted cost option for upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro? If so, how is ths accessed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/discounted-upgrade-cost-from-windows-10-home-to/0a2ed8aa-0e25-463c-93f7-3705d1e83754
  6. Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Pro: I apologise if this has been covered previously and if it has, someone could point me at the post. I've been asked to upgrade a number of machines from Home to Pro. (My only experience is installing Windows 7 Pro using volume licencing upgrading to Windows 10 pro obtaining a...
  7. How much does it cost to upgrade from Windows 10 Home version 1903 to Pro?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How much does it cost to upgrade from Windows 10 Home version 1903 to Pro?: I NEED TO KNOW BEFORE I INSTAL THE PRO VERSION HOW MUCH IT COST TO UPGRADE FROM WINDOWS 10 HOME VERSION 1903 TO PRO? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-much-does-it-cost-to-upgrade-from-windows-10/f7f2b1bb-1c8e-4e7e-b659-66431bed59e3
  8. OEM 10 Home to Pro cost

OEM 10 Home to Pro cost: Hi Anyone know the cost of upgrading a brand new OEM Windows 10 Home OS to Windows 10 Pro? I don't actually have the laptop yet I need to know the difference in cost to work out whether the discount on the pre-configured laptop is worth the hassle / cost Thanks...
  9. upgrading from windows 10 home to pro

upgrading from windows 10 home to pro: Hello, I have windows 10 home installed on my pc. I wanted to upgrade to windows 10 pro so I purchased it from windows store. after I purchased it, the installation began and my pc restarted. after that, I went to sitting -> update and security -> activation and it shows that...
  10. Can i upgrade windows 10 home to windows 10 pro in free of cost?

Can i upgrade windows 10 home to windows 10 pro in free of cost?: I have licence laptop of windows 10 home. i want to upgrade it to windows 10 pro. without out any cost it is possible to update?...