Windows 10: Exactly when will my Windows Defender "remove quarantined files" automatically and how will...

Discus and support Exactly when will my Windows Defender "remove quarantined files" automatically and how will... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/FlatulentSon [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/FlatulentSon, Nov 26, 2020.

1. Exactly when will my Windows Defender "remove quarantined files" automatically and how will...

/u/FlatulentSon, Nov 26, 2020

2. Removing Quarantined Items in Windows Defender

Windows Defender quarantined some harmful items but did not remove them from my pc. Windows Defender did not request removal. Should I just leave the items quarantined or remove them myself? If removal is recommended, how am I to go about

doing so, as Windows Defender did not list the items in the Detect section where threats are placed for removal?

[Original Title: Windows Defender]

donniecovington, Nov 26, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    Can I configure windows defender to never quarantine files

Maybe, I can't find any MS documentation on if/when quarantined items are automatically removed.

What I can find is how to configure automatic removal after a set number of days of your choosing.

There is a Group Policy for this...
    Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Microsoft Defender Antivirus > Quarantine > Configure removal of items from Quarantine folder.

...or you can do the same in Regedit. Go to Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender\ and create a new key named Quarantine. In Quarantine create a new REG_DWORD called PurgeItemsAfterDelay and set it's value to the number of days required.

4. Exactly when will my Windows Defender "remove quarantined files" automatically and how will...

Remove Malware from Quarantine in Windows Defender

When items are in Quarantine, you are protected, they couldn't distribute or harm your system and they stay in Quarantine just in case if it was incorrect detection and you want to restore them.

However, if you select them and click on remove or remove all, they will be removed from Quarantine (NOT just Windows Defender).

In addition, Windows Defender automatically remove Quarantine items after a while.

Cyber_Defend_Team, Nov 26, 2020
Thema:

Exactly when will my Windows Defender "remove quarantined files" automatically and how will...

1. Exactly when will my Windows Defender "remove quarantined files" automatically and how will... - Similar Threads - Exactly Defender remove

2. Windows defender not quarantining or removing trojan,

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender not quarantining or removing trojan,: Windows defender not quarantining or removing trojan it keeps saying to start action but after trying to quarantine or remove it still remains, I have scanned with Malwarebytes and trend house call neither of which found any trace of the trojan........
  3. Windows defender not quarantining or removing trojan,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender not quarantining or removing trojan,: Windows defender not quarantining or removing trojan it keeps saying to start action but after trying to quarantine or remove it still remains, I have scanned with Malwarebytes and trend house call neither of which found any trace of the trojan........
  4. Windows defender not quarantining or removing trojan,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Defender cannot remove or quarantine threat.

Windows Defender cannot remove or quarantine threat.: Before 3 days i tried to update my Nvidia Drivers and afted succesfull download my Windows Defender found threat:Detected:Trojan:Win32/Ravadon.EStatus: ActiveAffected items:file: C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA...
  6. Windows Defender wont remove nor quarantine.

Windows Defender wont remove nor quarantine.: Hi, so I downloaded a sketchy piece of software, and it seemed to of had a trojan. It detected the threat twice, and actually removed it the first time, but I had personally gone out of my way to delete the file that it had belonged to after the first one, and will not remove...
  7. Microsoft Defender: How to remove a file from quarantine?

Microsoft Defender: How to remove a file from quarantine?: I'm an audio producer and Microsoft Defender suddenly thinks that a file in my audio samples library is Trojan:Script/Oneeva.A!ml. Defender automatically quarantines the threat, but unfortunately this cripples the audio software that relies upon these sample files. I think...
  8. Windows Defender: How to remove a file from quarantine?

Windows Defender: How to remove a file from quarantine?: I'm an audio producer and Microsoft Defender suddenly thinks that a file in my audio samples library is Trojan:Script/Oneeva.A!ml. Defender automatically quarantines the threat, but unfortunately this cripples the audio software that relies upon these sample files. I think...
  9. How recover file form Defender quarantine

How recover file form Defender quarantine: I use windows 20H2 and plugged in a usk drive with portable apps and windows defender deleted one of the files (a key reader & backup) to quarantine. I've used this stick many times and the file is clean, although I can understands as a key reader why Windows would block it...
  10. How to know what files are quarantined by Windows Defender

How to know what files are quarantined by Windows Defender: Like the first photo, sometimes Windows Defender shows which file it detected and quarantined. In this case, it's fine. [img] But, sometimes, it doesn't show what files it detected and quarantined, and shows only perhaps "quarantined" files, and I don't know what...