Windows 10: Exaggeratedly delayed resumption from overnight hibernation

Discus and support Exaggeratedly delayed resumption from overnight hibernation in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, It seems Windows 10 throws up any number of issues with each update release. Over the last month or so (since version 1607, build 14393-17xx... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by BRAC, Nov 30, 2017.

1. BRAC Win User

Exaggeratedly delayed resumption from overnight hibernation

Hello,

It seems Windows 10 throws up any number of issues with each update release. Over the last month or so (since version 1607, build 14393-17xx to be precise), my system"s been having issues resuming from an overnight hibernation (the regular sleep/hibernate cycles I put the system through work just fine). It can take anywhere between a few tens of minutes to an hour or more for it to resume to the login screen. In a worst case scenario it simply hangs with the only way out being a hard powerdown or letting the battery drain out.

An upgrade to the 1703 version made little difference and I have since upgraded (clean install) to 1709 but the issue persists.

I could mange to track down the problem to multiple services going bonkers at startup. The event log lists any number of services, vserv, cdpsvc, bluettoth service, wsearch, bitdefender related services, Dcom svcs etc. to name a few with each service taking upwards of 30000ms to 600000ms to respond/fail at startup. Although, I tried fixing a couple of Dcom related errors (local activation permission denied) by making suitable changes in the registry and subsequently in Component Services, nothing seems to have an effect. The errors persist. As for the other services (which change every time), I'm really in a fix as to how to go about it. I've also tried disabling 'fast boot' in the settings without any luck.

Clearly, the issue is with the OS itself (changes made since 1607 version) since even a clean install hasn't resolved the slow boot. It's been my daily practice to put the system to sleep/hibernate for a good 6+ years without any issues (other than Bluetooth related) until now.

Event logs are attached for your reference below.

I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks

:)

2. Booting Problem

This is a further update. I think I can recreate the problem whenever I want. Below is a detailed explanation.

1. When I want to shut Windows there are only three options and no "Hibernate" option.

2. I have created the "Hibernate" option in Control Panel>Power Options by pressing the Power Button.

3. Whenever I resume after hybernating the problem occurs after a cold start or resumption from sign-off.

If this doesn't pin-point what the problem is then nothing would.

Best and regards,

Amarnath Wanchoo

AmarnathWanchoo, Nov 30, 2017
  3. TomHaws Win User
    Windows 10 sleep turns into hibernate after a while

When I put Windows 10 to sleep, then wake it up within a few minutes, it wakes up promptly as expected after a sleep. And it wakes up if I tap my keyboard, which also is expected.

But if I come back to wake the computer after a long time, it appears to have settled into hibernation.

1. The keyboard will not wake it up. I have to press the power button.

2. The manufacturer startup screen is displayed like on hibernation resume, and the resumption takes a long time sometimes.

Why does sleep turn into hibernation? Can I stop this behavior? All of the above happens while my Dell laptop is plugged in continuously.

Tom

TomHaws, Nov 30, 2017
Thema:

Exaggeratedly delayed resumption from overnight hibernation

1. Exaggeratedly delayed resumption from overnight hibernation - Similar Threads - Exaggeratedly delayed resumption

2. Exaggerated panning audio on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Exaggerated panning audio on my computer: I have used this computer for a long time and I use normally 2 types of headphones, one normal pair and one pair for gaming, they never had any problem.Yesterday when I came from work, when I turned my computer on I instantly noticed that the sound wasnt right, looks a bit...
  3. Exaggerated panning audio on my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Exaggerated panning audio on my computer: I have used this computer for a long time and I use normally 2 types of headphones, one normal pair and one pair for gaming, they never had any problem.Yesterday when I came from work, when I turned my computer on I instantly noticed that the sound wasnt right, looks a bit...
  4. Sleep or hibernate Windows overnight?

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep or hibernate Windows overnight?: So, I just moved from Mac to Windows 10 laptop. On my MacBook, I never did a shut down. I would simply put it to sleep overnight and then continue using it next day. I really don't want to shut down the Windows and then have all the programs load up again when I start it up...
  5. Power Reporting Deviation. How correct an exaggerated deviation?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Power Reporting Deviation. How correct an exaggerated deviation?: Hello, everybody: I have been reading how some MB lies to CPU the value of this parameter: Power Reporting Deviation. This value must be around 100%, but mine is almost 400%. This exaggerated number can cause the premature dead of the processor. Some people say that to...
  6. Keyboard repeat rate and delay reset after hibernation

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard repeat rate and delay reset after hibernation: This problem is found multiple times without resolution and all threads are locked without solution. This seems to happen mostly on Lenovo laptops. The solution is simple. Create a task in Task scheduler that is triggered atopen session. Make sure to uncheck the Only...
  7. Keyboard repeat rate and delay resets after hibernation

Keyboard repeat rate and delay resets after hibernation: This problem is found multiple times without resolution and all threads are locked without solution. This seems to happen mostly on Lenovo laptops. The solution is simple. Create a task in Task scheduler that is triggered at open session. Make sure to uncheck the Only...
  8. Wake from hibernation

Wake from hibernation: My system goes into Hibernate mode in 180 minutes when I don’t use it and I have to wake it up by pressing the power button. The problem is that I use my laptop mainly as a desktop machine and need to lift the lid and press the button often. Is there any way to wake up the...
  9. Delayed resume from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Delayed resume from sleep: I installed an SSD in my laptop. Occasionally, when I resume from sleep mode, the computer becomes unresponsive. It does this for about 30 seconds. I can't remember if it was doing this before I installed the new drive. Today it's been doing it almost every time I open the...
  10. "Resume from Hibernation"?

in Windows 10 Support
    "Resume from Hibernation"?: I have been using Win10 since July. It has been working fine. Just recently I noticed a blue screen at boot up stating, "resume from hibernation". I have never used hibernation in my life. Sleep mode, yes. Hibernation, no. But I have an SSD and don't use sleep anymore. I do a...