Windows 10: Exausted from trying to resolve Error 10006 correctly

Discus and support Exausted from trying to resolve Error 10006 correctly in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I had random freezing start last week while using my usual browser Vivaldi and thought there was something wrong with it alone so I tried going back to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Summer Breeze, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Exausted from trying to resolve Error 10006 correctly

I had random freezing start last week while using my usual browser Vivaldi and thought there was something wrong with it alone so I tried going back to Chrome. The freezing started while using that browser too so after that I thought I was starting to have hardware issues with my computer again like I did in Jan. of this year. I reinstalled Windows 10 on Sunday and thought that would fix whatever was going on and to be honest I needed to do a clean reinstall anyway to set up my SSD and regular HD better.

After the reinstall I went to use Vivaldi again thinking I was in the clear and was quite frustrated to learn I wasn't. I'm not sure what search terms I used that were different from what I had been using that brought up the issue of DCOM 1006 errors. I found a lot of sites where people described issues similar to mine and stated how they seemed to affect browsers running off of Chronium while using Firefox was fine.Sure enough Firefox will run fine on my computer with no issues while freezing central occurs with the other two browsers.

I spent hours Monday trying the fixes recommended in regards to editing the registry to change the TrustedInstaller ownership to Administrator which would work but I never could give Admin full access to the affected registry entries. That is until I found something on one page that said the Admin's Microsoft Account email address could be used to issue Admin ownership too. After I used that email address I was able to give full access to all the affected entries that I could find that showed up under System Errors. I'm pretty sure I got them all but those errors are still occurring along with the freezes.

I was so tired yesterday from how long I spent trying to resolve my issues on Monday that I was forced to take more then one nap and still was tired until I finally went to bed. I just want to be able to use my usual browser again without all of the freezing. I really was surprised that a complete re-installation of Windows 10 didn't let me restart with a clean slate though. I feel like I've done all the steps to resolve this error but I must not be doing something right if I can't get things to act normally again.

Thanks for reading my probably too wordy post.

:)

Summer Breeze, Apr 29, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Exausted from trying to resolve Error 10006 correctly :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Apr 29, 2020
  3. Error 10 (device doesn't start) while trying to load a VCP to a USB serial converter on Windows 10

HI Joost,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the USB device on your computer. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• Is this issue specific to the device (Are you able to connect any other device to your computer)?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message along with Error 10?
    • What is the make and model of your device?

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter as it checks
    for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to refer to the Microsoft support article, refer to the section Error code: 10, try the troubleshooting steps suggested and check if it helps.

Error codes in Device Manager in Windows

Step 3: I suggest you to download and install the pending updates on your computer.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 29, 2020
  4. Exausted from trying to resolve Error 10006 correctly

trying to setup freepbx, error 503

[solved]trying to setup freepbx, error 503

been trying to resolve the my 503 error, but i have not gotten anywhere yet and have been working on it for hours. I think it is a config error, but am not entirely sure what log to look in (or where to find it)

The server runs Debian 6 (openmediavault).

Solved...

ChevyOwner, Apr 29, 2020
Thema:

Exausted from trying to resolve Error 10006 correctly

1. Exausted from trying to resolve Error 10006 correctly - Similar Threads - Exausted trying resolve

2. Error status 0xc000012f when trying to launch DaVinci Resolve

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error status 0xc000012f when trying to launch DaVinci Resolve: Hi! I have windows 11 pro, with an integrated GPU in my AMD Ryzen 5 7600x 6-Core Processor. I have enough ram, this computer is able to Code/Program but simply wont even start up DaVinci Resolve. Ive used CMD promt 'sfc scannow' for errors, said it has some and fixed it. I've...
  3. Error status 0xc000012f when trying to launch DaVinci Resolve

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error status 0xc000012f when trying to launch DaVinci Resolve: Hi! I have windows 11 pro, with an integrated GPU in my AMD Ryzen 5 7600x 6-Core Processor. I have enough ram, this computer is able to Code/Program but simply wont even start up DaVinci Resolve. Ive used CMD promt 'sfc scannow' for errors, said it has some and fixed it. I've...
  4. Resolving video_tdr_failure errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resolving video_tdr_failure errors: Hello,I'm seeing an issue recently where my computer restarts with this error, typically a few minutes after exiting out of a game such as WoW or D4.CPU: IntelR CoreTM i5-8600K CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3600 Mhz, 6 Cores, 6 Logical Processors GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GPU Driver:...
  5. Resolving video_tdr_failure errors

Resolving video_tdr_failure errors: Hello,I'm seeing an issue recently where my computer restarts with this error, typically a few minutes after exiting out of a game such as WoW or D4.CPU: IntelR CoreTM i5-8600K CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3600 Mhz, 6 Cores, 6 Logical Processors GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GPU Driver:...
  6. resolving 403 error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    resolving 403 error: hi,I am trying to update drivers via a driver update software, but I got the following error message HTTP resource acess error occured, code = 403. Please look at the screenshot. What can I do to resolve it?...
  7. resolving 403 error

resolving 403 error: hi,I am trying to update drivers via a driver update software, but I got the following error message HTTP resource acess error occured, code = 403. Please look at the screenshot. What can I do to resolve it?...
  8. RESOLVE ERROR MESSAGE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RESOLVE ERROR MESSAGE: I got an error message saying "the product key you entered didn't work. check the product key and try again, or enter a different one" and Error code 0x80041014 while trying to check if the license of my windows server 2012 R2 standard is still active or has expired*Moved...
  9. RESOLVE ERROR MESSAGE

RESOLVE ERROR MESSAGE: I got an error message saying "the product key you entered didn't work. check the product key and try again, or enter a different one" and Error code 0x80041014 while trying to check if the license of my windows server 2012 R2 standard is still active or has expired*Moved...
  10. How resolve these errors ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How resolve these errors ?: [ATTACH]How resolve these errors ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-resolve-these-errors/1e5a1919-c124-4e63-85e3-e68d6cfff016