Windows 10: Exceeding my internet provider's daily MB limit

Discus and support Exceeding my internet provider's daily MB limit in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I live in a country that limits my daily internet connection to 800MB per day. I had no problem staying under that limit when using my Samsung laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dhalltoyo, Sep 2, 2019.

1. dhalltoyo Win User

Exceeding my internet provider's daily MB limit

I live in a country that limits my daily internet connection to 800MB per day. I had no problem staying under that limit when using my Samsung laptop with Windows 7. Last week I purchased a Dell Inspiron 15-3573 with Windows 10 and now everyday I am exceeding the WiFi limits. What can I disable to limit my usage? A list would be nice. Thanks folks.

:)

dhalltoyo, Sep 2, 2019

2. Why does the Internet connection on my laptop stop working after I enable wifi sharing? (Hotspot)

Hi,

To assist you better, please help with the details for the following:

• What is the data limit provided from the service provider?
    • Have you enabled any data usage limit in your device?
    • Prior to this issue was there any changes made your PC?
    • What is the Make and Model of your PC?

Please follow the below Methods:

Method 1: To check the Data Limit, if it is exceeding the limit.

• Select the Start button
    • Go to Settings
    • Select Network and Internet
    • Select Data and Usage
    If the data limit is exceeding, manually it can be set according to your usage.

If the limit is not exceeding then follow the Method 2

Method 2:
    Run Internet Connection Troubleshooter

a. Type troubleshooting in the search box on taskbar.

b. Click troubleshooting in the search results.

c. Click "View all" and then click "Internet Connections".

d. Click "Next" and follow on-screen instructions.

Please refer the below link for additional information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/internet-explorer/ie-crashes-stops-working#ie=ie-11

We expect the above steps should help, if the issue still persist, kindly write back to us with the status. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

RiyazurRehman, Sep 2, 2019
  3. DonTolson Win User
    Messaging limit? Lots of daily messages

Have you checked with your provider to see if they are maybe limiting text messaging throughput? That IS a lot of messages for a single day. Is there any way you could change the generator so it only sends you a message if certain parameters are exceeded?
    (Exception reporting...)

And yes, there is a limited amount of memory available on the phone for storage/retention of messages, etc.

DonTolson, Sep 2, 2019
  4. Uptime73 Win User

exceeding limitations in BIOS

Hello all. I received a crash code 4 (calculation error) in OCCT 5 hours and 39 minutes into the test. When I went to bump my vcore voltage one notch, I got a message saying that

I was exceeding my limitations and I was risking damage

what should I do? Thanks.

- Josh

Uptime73, Sep 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Exceeding my internet provider's daily MB limit - Similar Threads - Exceeding internet provider's

2. Microsoft storage limit exceeded?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft storage limit exceeded?: I have Windows 11 and use Gmail for my email. Today I got an email from Microsoft saying I have exceeded my Microsoft storage limit. I don't use OneDrive or Outlook, so what does this mean? What other Microsoft storage is there?...
  3. Microsoft storage limit exceeded?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft storage limit exceeded?: I have Windows 11 and use Gmail for my email. Today I got an email from Microsoft saying I have exceeded my Microsoft storage limit. I don't use OneDrive or Outlook, so what does this mean? What other Microsoft storage is there?...
  4. ail"usage limit exceeded. Try again tomorrow"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ail"usage limit exceeded. Try again tomorrow": I already have a functional MS account. I want to register for a new UHRS account at Hotmail but query for code always returns "usage limit exceeded. Try again tomorrow" each time/new day I try to create new account. Please advise...
  5. ail"usage limit exceeded. Try again tomorrow"

ail"usage limit exceeded. Try again tomorrow": I already have a functional MS account. I want to register for a new UHRS account at Hotmail but query for code always returns "usage limit exceeded. Try again tomorrow" each time/new day I try to create new account. Please advise...
  6. Windows limitation: file exceeded

Windows limitation: file exceeded: When copying from USB from Shared folders in Windows 11, I get this:Error 0x800700DF: The file size exceeds the limit allowed and cannot be saved.I dunno about other users, but this is my first time i've had this one Windows 11.... On windows 10 both PC and virtual machine...
  7. Windows limitation: file exceeded

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows limitation: file exceeded: When copying from USB from Shared folders in Windows 11, I get this:Error 0x800700DF: The file size exceeds the limit allowed and cannot be saved.I dunno about other users, but this is my first time i've had this one Windows 11.... On windows 10 both PC and virtual machine...
  8. Usage limit exceeded. Try again tomorrow.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Usage limit exceeded. Try again tomorrow.: I have several Minecraft Mojang account to migrate to Microsoft accounts. Each time, I have to enter a phone number to get a security code. After a few times, I get a Usage limit exceeded error message. Minecraft is forcing Minecraft Java users to use Microsoft accounts. How...
  9. Daily Data Usage Limit

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Daily Data Usage Limit: [ATTACH] Please upvote: https://aka.ms/AAbib54 https://preview.redd.it/hoif7gml9hm61.png?width=401&format=png&auto=webp&s=9996af913b3f855b1dda6128efb372ad075346b4 submitted by /u/3dWrecker [link] [comments]...
  10. Time limited exceeded

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Time limited exceeded: I have time set for my son on Xbox (only) the activity report shows regular amounts of time in excess of the limit for the day, including days where it is 100% blocked. The process does work sometimes as I get extra time requests occasionally. Son agrees that on at least one...