Windows 10: Excel 10 cursor stuck as cross

Discus and support Excel 10 cursor stuck as cross in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows 10 64 bit / MS Office Home and Student 2010 My cursor changed today from being an arrow to being a cross. I want the arrow back. The standard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ShaubDunkley, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Excel 10 cursor stuck as cross

Windows 10 64 bit / MS Office Home and Student 2010

My cursor changed today from being an arrow to being a cross. I want the arrow back. The standard answer for fixing this seems to be:

File to Options to Advanced then select Drag and Drop option. That option was ALREADY selected yet I have the cross. I toggled the option off and checked. Was a cross as expected. I toggled Drag and Drop back on. Still a cross. I did this several times. Still a cross. That indicates the drag and drop option is NOT the solution to my problem.

I have changed to another mouse. Still a cross.

I have tried closing Excel and reopening. Still a cross.

I have opened different workbooks. Still a cross.

Has there been a recent MS update bug that might be causing this? Selecting content for editing directly within the cell is now cumbersome so I do not like the cross at all.

:)

ShaubDunkley, Nov 7, 2018
  2. donwb Win User

Excel 2003 vba editor blinking cursor thickness

I run excel 2003 on windows 10.
    Since upgrading to win 10 from win 7, the blinking cursor in excel 2003's VBAeditor in almost impossible to see (too thin).
    I have - via Control Centre / Ease of access / Make the computer easier to use- progressively increased the blinking cursor width to wider settings.
    Whilst these are reflected in all Windows 10 applications, they are notreflected in Excel or Word.

Is this a reflection of Office 2003's (in)compatibility with Windows 10, ormight there be another solution (perhaps via the registry)

Help before my cross eyes become permanent would be greatly appreciated.

donwb, Nov 7, 2018
  3. deeneecy Win User
    cursor dissappeared

Thank you both for your prompt replies, I tried all steps listed, some I had tries previously but I still tried them again, but still no cursor.

Do you have any other suggestions?

deeneecy, Nov 7, 2018
  4. dusty071 Win User

Excel 10 cursor stuck as cross

Cursor crosses over to second screen

Hi, this started happening to me after a windows reinstall. When i play games that lock the cursor to screen 1 and i move the cursor to the right edge the arrow becomes seen on screen 2 even though its point cannot leave screen 1. Example: if i move the cursor up and down across the right edge of screen 1, the arrow can be seen moving on the left edge of screen 2 but cannot go further because its locked to screen1.

Its weird because it only happens in games (fullscreen or fullscreen windowed), not on the desktop. When on the desktop the cursor functions properly - the arrow only crosses over if its point crosses over.

Anyone know what causes this? Help greatly appreciated.

dusty071, Nov 7, 2018
Thema:

Excel 10 cursor stuck as cross

1. Excel 10 cursor stuck as cross - Similar Threads - Excel cursor stuck

2. Cursor jumping around in excel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor jumping around in excel: Whenever I am in an excel workbook my cursor jumps around randomly for no apparent reason. This only occurs when I am in an excel workbook so I do not think it is an issue with my mouse / trackpad itself. It occurs regardless of if I am using my track pad or a mouse.I have...
  3. Cursor jumping around in excel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cursor jumping around in excel: Whenever I am in an excel workbook my cursor jumps around randomly for no apparent reason. This only occurs when I am in an excel workbook so I do not think it is an issue with my mouse / trackpad itself. It occurs regardless of if I am using my track pad or a mouse.I have...
  4. Stuck on grey screen with no cursor on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on grey screen with no cursor on windows 10: I originally entered safe mode to fix a Bluetooth issue, but once I rebooted my PC my monitors weren’t detecting a signal. Eventually I found an HDMI cable and used that, which worked, so I exited safe mode. Now I’m stuck on a blank gray screen and I have no clue what to do....
  5. Cursor stuck on startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cursor stuck on startup: My cursor is stuck on the startup icon so that the startup menu continually flashes on and off so that I cannot access any programs on my laptop. Rebooting does not help. I separately disabled the mouse pad and an external Logitech to no avail. I found that if I hold my thumb...
  6. Cursor stuck at loading...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cursor stuck at loading...: HI! When i enter my PC and i'm on my desktop screen, then my cursor start loading and won't stop. I can't click or use my screen, i can only use my taskbar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-stuck-at-loading/31e51846-d6fe-43ba-96f6-a691613033a3
  7. mouse cursor stucking

mouse cursor stucking: added a wireless mouse thinking it's my touchpad, but either way the arrow cursor seems stuck in the middle surrounded by a halo of two crop circles I have checked and updated drivers... is it a coincidence that this issue started after the win 10 upgrade?...
  8. Mouse Cursor changes to excel cross when on second screen

Mouse Cursor changes to excel cross when on second screen: Hi, One of our users has reported a strange bug, and has us stumped. When his mouse is on his 3rd screen (laptop and two screens, using dell dock), it changes from the regular cursor to the excel cross, as if there is a spreadsheet open there. The first thing I...
  9. Mouse Cursor Stuck

Mouse Cursor Stuck: I just upgraded from 8.1 (brand new) and I can move my mouse cursor for a couple seconds then it freezes and starts showing a loading circle every few seconds. 12454
  10. Cursor crosses over to second screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Cursor crosses over to second screen: Hi, this started happening to me after a windows reinstall. When i play games that lock the cursor to screen 1 and i move the cursor to the right edge the arrow becomes seen on screen 2 even though its point cannot leave screen 1. Example: if i move the cursor up and down...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. excel cursor cross

2. excel cursor stuck as cross

3. cursor of excel stuck in excel sheet

4. excel mouse pointer cross,
  5. excel curser arrow becomes a cross,
  6. cursure disappeared in excel cross,
  7. excel cursor stuck,
  8. in excel my cursor is a cross,
  9. excel cursor is a cross,
  10. excel cursor ,
  11. excel mouse stuck on cross,