Windows 10: Excel 2003 vba editor blinking cursor thickness

Discus and support Excel 2003 vba editor blinking cursor thickness in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I run excel 2003 on windows 10. Since upgrading to win 10 from win 7, the blinking cursor in excel 2003's VBAeditor in almost impossible to see (too... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by donwb, Jul 16, 2016.

1. donwb Win User

Excel 2003 vba editor blinking cursor thickness

I run excel 2003 on windows 10.
    Since upgrading to win 10 from win 7, the blinking cursor in excel 2003's VBAeditor in almost impossible to see (too thin).
    I have - via Control Centre / Ease of access / Make the computer easier to use- progressively increased the blinking cursor width to wider settings.
    Whilst these are reflected in all Windows 10 applications, they are notreflected in Excel or Word.

Is this a reflection of Office 2003's (in)compatibility with Windows 10, ormight there be another solution (perhaps via the registry)

Help before my cross eyes become permanent would be greatly appreciated.

:)

donwb, Jul 16, 2016

2. Software and VBA Compatibility

I develop a lot of macros and code in VBA for Access and Excel on my PC. I'm also a big R user, and want to get MatLab at some point too.

So, my question is, would upgrading to Windows 10 affect:

VBA editor, object models, dlls, etc

R and the RExcel add-in

MatLab

Excel and Access themselves

My hunch is "no" but I need to make sure.

JoshuActiveX, Jul 16, 2016
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    display?

Go to control panel - ease of access center - optimize - Make the computer easier to see
    Check that this setting 'set the thickness of the blinking cursor' is set to 1

DaveM121, Jul 16, 2016
Thema:

Excel 2003 vba editor blinking cursor thickness

1. Excel 2003 vba editor blinking cursor thickness - Similar Threads - Excel 2003 vba

2. Blinking cursor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blinking cursor: I have Win 10 operating system. Recently the cursor has blinked constantly. I have also gotten a message that my operating system is nearing the end of its life. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blinking-cursor/1ad4f7f8-bdde-4626-84d2-01e1e5aed3cb
  3. Cursor stops blinking

in Windows 10 Support
    Cursor stops blinking: The cursor stops blinking after several blinks. Textpad, Excel and Wordpad. MSWord ok. Don Cole 129918
  4. Cursor blinks

in Windows 10 Support
    Cursor blinks: Cursor blinks about 3 times then stops with Notepad2 and Textpad. Excel and Word ok. Don Cole 123457
  5. Cursor constantly blinking / circle next to cursor constantly blinking

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cursor constantly blinking / circle next to cursor constantly blinking: Hi In past weeks, perhaps after an update, there's a blue circle which is nearly constantly blinking except when the cursor is placed over a link. This incredibly distracting activity I think is meant to show the processor is working. I can't find where or how to stop it....
  6. blinking cursor

blinking cursor: I have 2 cursors. The one on the task bar is in a translucent circle and is blinking. The real one is blinking also and is hard to control. How do I fix this. I have an HP Pavilon Notebook and Windows 10. Thank you in advance....
  7. cursor blinking

cursor blinking: hey there , i'm facing problems with my pc when playing games , the screen just turns black while the cursor wil be blinking ! i updated my graphic drivers but the issue is stil there...how do i solve it...
  8. Blinking Cursor/Blinking underscore in boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blinking Cursor/Blinking underscore in boot: Hi Guys, I recently have a problem when i opened my PC. It started to show blinking underscore so i decided to push my restart button in my hardware and gladly it opened but the next day when i opened my pc, there is a blinking underscore present in the screen before logging...
  9. Blinking Cursor, Blinking underscore in boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blinking Cursor, Blinking underscore in boot: Hi Guys, I recently have a problem when i opened my PC. It started to show blinking underscore so i decided to push my restart button in my hardware and gladly it opened but the next day when i opened my pc, there is a blinking underscore present in the screen before logging...
  10. cursor too thick

in Windows 10 Support
    cursor too thick: Hi all,,,,,can you help please with this ?? when I use word or notebook or any other app that requires me to type, the flashing cursor that shows me where I am on the page seems to have got a bit thick and I don't know how its happened. Is there anywhere I can alter it or do...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. excel vba cursor thickness