Windows 10: Excel 2010 throwing an error

Discus and support Excel 2010 throwing an error in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi. I've got excel 2010 installed on my windows 10 PC, and it opens and runs fine. The issue is when trying to open a saved doc, I get an error "This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/_oldspicy_, Jan 4, 2021.

1. Excel 2010 throwing an error

Hi. I've got excel 2010 installed on my windows 10 PC, and it opens and runs fine. The issue is when trying to open a saved doc, I get an error "This app can't run on your PC. To find a version for your PC, check with software publisher".

I can open files if I open excel first, and then open the file from the program. It's just annoying that I can't directly open the file. Has anyone run into this before?

submitted by /u/_oldspicy_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/_oldspicy_, Jan 4, 2021
  2. B. Parker Win User

WP Excel won't open Excel 2010 Spreadsheets

I use Office 2010 (32 bit) on my Win7 Pro computer.

I have been using my Windows Phone 7.5 to open/edit Excel 2010 files stored on Skydrive for some time.

Suddenly, WP will not open the same files which it could open just awhile ago.

I have used Excel 2010 to edit these spreadsheets since the last time I opened them with WPExcel and saved them in the same format as before.

WPExcel states:

"Can't Open. Excel doen't recognize the file format "<filename"".

Yet these files open without issue with Excel 2010.

Any suggestions?

Update - WPExcel will open cloud Excel files that have not been recently opened by Excel 2010. Those files operate properly. However, once I open the same files with Excel 2010 and save them - WPExcel can not open them. Problem with Excel 2010?

B. Parker, Jan 4, 2021
  3. HansV MVP Win User
    Can't open file excel 2010 in multiple windows

In Excel 2010, all workbooks open within a single application window. Click Arrange All in the Window group of the View tab of the ribbon for options to arrange the workbook windows.

If you want to open workbooks in separate application windows, you will have to start multiple instances of Excel:

• Start Excel and open a workbook.
    • Right-click the Excel icon in the Windows taskbar and select Microsoft Excel 2010 from the context menu.
    • A new instance of Excel will start in a separate window. Open a workbook in this instance.
    Warning: when copying and pasting between instances of Excel , you lose some features that are available when copying and pasting between workbooks in the same instance of Excel.

HansV MVP, Jan 4, 2021
  4. Excel 2010 throwing an error

Excel Starter 2010

Your subject line reads "Excel Starter 2010" but in your most recent post you mention "Excel Starter 2000". Which one is it?

Regardless of this, I think your installation is damaged. If this was my machine then I would do this:

1. Download & install the free version of Macrium Reflect.
    2. Use it to create an image of drive C:. In this way, you are fully protected against anything.
    3. Create a Macrium Reflect rescue disk on a USB flash disk.
    4. Press Windows key+I
    5. Click "Update and Security"
    6. Click "Recovery"
    7. Click "Get started"
    8. Select "Keep my files"

Frederik Long, Jan 4, 2021
Thema:

Excel 2010 throwing an error

1. Excel 2010 throwing an error - Similar Threads - Excel 2010 throwing

2. Excel 2010

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Excel 2010: I want to freeze the top 6 rows and columns 1, 2, and 3, I got it to do more than that but I want just the one I have mentioned. It is critical to the project I am working on, if I can't, I will have to think of something else. Is this even possible????...
  3. Excel 2010

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Excel 2010: I want to freeze the top 6 rows and columns 1, 2, and 3, I got it to do more than that but I want just the one I have mentioned. It is critical to the project I am working on, if I can't, I will have to think of something else. Is this even possible????...
  4. Excel 2010

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Import Excel file into Access 2010

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Import Excel file into Access 2010: When I try to import a 2010 Excel file into 2010 Access database, I get the error that there is no search key to be found in any record. What does that mean?...
  6. Import Excel file into Access 2010

Import Excel file into Access 2010: When I try to import a 2010 Excel file into 2010 Access database, I get the error that there is no search key to be found in any record. What does that mean?...
  7. Deleted apps for word 2010, excel 2010, powerpoint 2010

Deleted apps for word 2010, excel 2010, powerpoint 2010: My PC had to be reset today. After I noticed my Microsoft Word 2010, Excel 2010 & Powerpoint 2010 were gone. I do have my original receipt but not the original packaging. How can I reinstall these apps....
  8. Excel Starter 2010

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Excel Starter 2010: After each automatic download from microsoft my Aspire Lap top locks up with a blank black screen after I log in with my pass code. I generally have to shut down and restart my computer in safe mode. Apparently the Task Manager does not start in the initial startup. The last...
  9. Excel Office 2010 error 2147417848 in Windows 10 1809

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Excel Office 2010 error 2147417848 in Windows 10 1809: After the upgrade to Windows 10 1809 on a HP Pavilion Power Laptop 15-cb0xx 64 bits 8 GB Excel 2010 is giving problems. On different places in my macros I have errorcode 2147417848, randomly with commands copy, paste and clear. Also found: 'Automatiseringsfout. Er is een...
  10. Follow Hyperlink in Excel 2010

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Follow Hyperlink in Excel 2010: I am using W10 fully updated and Office 2010 64 bit and Chrome is my default browser (It makes no difference if I default to IE, Edge or Firefox) I have some code in my worksheet as follows: Dim filename Sub test() filename = ThisWorkbook.Path & "\Settings\Bing Maps.html"...