Windows 10: Excel 2010

Discus and support Excel 2010 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I want to freeze the top 6 rows and columns 1, 2, and 3, I got it to do more than that but I want just the one I have mentioned. It is critical to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SuzanneFisk, Jun 23, 2022.

1. Excel 2010

I want to freeze the top 6 rows and columns 1, 2, and 3, I got it to do more than that but I want just the one I have mentioned. It is critical to the project I am working on, if I can't, I will have to think of something else. Is this even possible????

:)

SuzanneFisk, Jun 23, 2022
  2. B. Parker Win User

WP Excel won't open Excel 2010 Spreadsheets

I use Office 2010 (32 bit) on my Win7 Pro computer.

I have been using my Windows Phone 7.5 to open/edit Excel 2010 files stored on Skydrive for some time.

Suddenly, WP will not open the same files which it could open just awhile ago.

I have used Excel 2010 to edit these spreadsheets since the last time I opened them with WPExcel and saved them in the same format as before.

WPExcel states:

"Can't Open. Excel doen't recognize the file format "<filename"".

Yet these files open without issue with Excel 2010.

Any suggestions?

Update - WPExcel will open cloud Excel files that have not been recently opened by Excel 2010. Those files operate properly. However, once I open the same files with Excel 2010 and save them - WPExcel can not open them. Problem with Excel 2010?

B. Parker, Jun 23, 2022
  3. HansV MVP Win User
    Can't open file excel 2010 in multiple windows

In Excel 2010, all workbooks open within a single application window. Click Arrange All in the Window group of the View tab of the ribbon for options to arrange the workbook windows.

If you want to open workbooks in separate application windows, you will have to start multiple instances of Excel:

• Start Excel and open a workbook.
    • Right-click the Excel icon in the Windows taskbar and select Microsoft Excel 2010 from the context menu.
    • A new instance of Excel will start in a separate window. Open a workbook in this instance.
    Warning: when copying and pasting between instances of Excel , you lose some features that are available when copying and pasting between workbooks in the same instance of Excel.

HansV MVP, Jun 23, 2022
  4. Excel 2010

Excel Starter 2010

Your subject line reads "Excel Starter 2010" but in your most recent post you mention "Excel Starter 2000". Which one is it?

Regardless of this, I think your installation is damaged. If this was my machine then I would do this:

1. Download & install the free version of Macrium Reflect.
    2. Use it to create an image of drive C:. In this way, you are fully protected against anything.
    3. Create a Macrium Reflect rescue disk on a USB flash disk.
    4. Press Windows key+I
    5. Click "Update and Security"
    6. Click "Recovery"
    7. Click "Get started"
    8. Select "Keep my files"

Frederik Long, Jun 23, 2022
Thema:

Excel 2010

1. Excel 2010 - Similar Threads - Excel 2010

2. Cant access my microsoft Office 2010 Word, Excel etc forgot password and not accepting my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant access my microsoft Office 2010 Word, Excel etc forgot password and not accepting my...: Hi. My Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 has disappeared from my computer. Tried several times to recover/restore it without sucess. . System will not accept my email address: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. The email address registered with Microsoft is...
  3. Cant access my microsoft Office 2010 Word, Excel etc forgot password and not accepting my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant access my microsoft Office 2010 Word, Excel etc forgot password and not accepting my...: Hi. My Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 has disappeared from my computer. Tried several times to recover/restore it without sucess. . System will not accept my email address: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. The email address registered with Microsoft is...
  4. Cant access my microsoft Office 2010 Word, Excel etc forgot password and not accepting my...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. PC Default Excel 2010 to newer Excel Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Default Excel 2010 to newer Excel Windows 11: On Windows 11 the default spreadsheets app was switched to 2010 version of excel. When clicking on a spreadsheet file of any file type the the 2010 program opens but does not open with a spreadsheet just as gray and blank. The common fix is to go to Apps>Default apps>ExcelBut...
  6. PC Default Excel 2010 to newer Excel Windows 11

PC Default Excel 2010 to newer Excel Windows 11: On Windows 11 the default spreadsheets app was switched to 2010 version of excel. When clicking on a spreadsheet file of any file type the the 2010 program opens but does not open with a spreadsheet just as gray and blank. The common fix is to go to Apps>Default apps>ExcelBut...
  7. Word/Excel 2010 -- Black backgrounds & File options all blackened out now

in Windows 10 Customization
    Word/Excel 2010 -- Black backgrounds & File options all blackened out now: Hi, I'm on another laptop, using Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit. Word/Excel 2010 are now BOTH appearing with a solid black background instead of white. I know how to change those. However, the file options in BOTH are now blacked out. Here's a sample screen cap from Word 2010's...
  8. Word/Excel 2010 -- Black backgrounds & File options all blackened out now

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Word/Excel 2010 -- Black backgrounds & File options all blackened out now: Hi, I'm on another laptop, using Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit. Word/Excel 2010 are now BOTH appearing with a solid black background instead of white. I know how to change those. However, the file options in BOTH are now blacked out. Here's a sample screen cap from Word 2010's...
  9. Word/Excel 2010 -- Black backgrounds & File options all blackened out now

10. Excel 2010

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Excel 2010: I want to freeze the top 6 rows and columns 1, 2, and 3, I got it to do more than that but I want just the one I have mentioned. It is critical to the project I am working on, if I can't, I will have to think of something else. Is this even possible????...