Windows 10: Excel 2013

Discus and support Excel 2013 in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; using xcel 2013 automatic fill only works in first column. should it work in all columns?... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by MiltLeiran, May 1, 2021.

1. Excel 2013

using xcel 2013 automatic fill only works in first column. should it work in all columns?

:)

MiltLeiran, May 1, 2021
  2. x509 Win User

Word and Excel 2013 now crash when I try to print or edit-Outlook OK

Trying to print or edit in Office 2013 Word and Excel now causes the program to crash. Outlook works fine.

the following have not fixed the problem.
    1. Repair install of Office 2013
    2. Uninstall (with Revo Pro) and then full re-install
    3. Uninstall and then reinstall of the HP Laserjet printer drive.

What is my next step, short of nuking the entire Win installation and starting over (ugh!)???

x509, May 1, 2021
  3. dino2019 Win User
    MicroSoft Excell 2013

The file association is what started working. Meaning, just double clicking the .dbf file would open it in excell.

I've clicked browse, and navigated to the folder where excell is, upon selecting it and hitting ok, it just takes me back to that dialog, where excell still isn't listed.

I also tried the file association within Windows, and .dbf isn't listed as an extension in the list.

dino2019, May 1, 2021
  4. LemP Win User

Excel 2013

MicroSoft Excell 2013

What started working again but now is not working? The association of *.dbf with Excel or the right-click "open with" dialog?

Right-click on a *.dbf file and select "Properties." What is shown next to "Opens with"?

Excel 2013 c1a92d40-d40a-4a27-ae5d-2b1ef3b6bf5c?upload=true.jpg

If "Opens with" says "Windows Shell Common Dll" (or anything other than Excel 2013), click the "Change" button.

Is the list in the "Open with" dialog that then appears (see below) the one in which "Excel doesn't appear at all"?

Excel 2013 8812544d-1157-4fc2-a480-b8565873e4ea?upload=true.jpg

Excel isn't in the list above (even if you were to scroll down) because Excel really isn't intended to open dBase database files (which is what *.dbf files are). As you have found, however, Excel is in fact able to open *.dbf files.

Click the "Browse" button and navigate to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office15 then scroll down and select (one left click) EXCEL.EXE then click the "Open" button. Back at the "Open with" dialog (above), type a description for the file type and be
    sure that there is a check in the box next to "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file" then click OK.

Note: if you have a 64-bit edition of Windows, the location of EXCEL.EXE is in

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15

LemP, May 1, 2021
Thema:

Excel 2013

1. Excel 2013 - Similar Threads - Excel 2013

2. I use office home and student 2013, when in excel or word I cannot attach a file to email,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I use office home and student 2013, when in excel or word I cannot attach a file to email,...: I use office home and student 2013, when in excel or word I cannot attach a file to email, both give different reasons, I have Gmail as an app on desktop and openExcel...
  3. I use office home and student 2013, when in excel or word I cannot attach a file to email,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I use office home and student 2013, when in excel or word I cannot attach a file to email,...: I use office home and student 2013, when in excel or word I cannot attach a file to email, both give different reasons, I have Gmail as an app on desktop and openExcel...
  4. Office 2013 Word and Excel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Office 2013 Word and Excel: When I try to open either Word or Excel, I get a message 'Something went wrong' . Then I need to close that message and click the icon again, which usually opens the app. I have gone to the Control Panel and 'Repaired' Office 2013 several times, yet the problem exists. Is...
  5. Office 2013 Word and Excel

Office 2013 Word and Excel: When I try to open either Word or Excel, I get a message 'Something went wrong' . Then I need to close that message and click the icon again, which usually opens the app. I have gone to the Control Panel and 'Repaired' Office 2013 several times, yet the problem exists. Is...
  6. MS Office 2013-word or excel on click, says NOT RESPONDING

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Office 2013-word or excel on click, says NOT RESPONDING: on click MS word or excel, says NOT RESPONDING- and takes about 3 minutes to open the application. happens every time I try to open the application. Is it fault of Windows 10 pro OR Office 2013...
  7. MS Office 2013-word or excel on click, says NOT RESPONDING

MS Office 2013-word or excel on click, says NOT RESPONDING: on click MS word or excel, says NOT RESPONDING- and takes about 3 minutes to open the application. happens every time I try to open the application. Is it fault of Windows 10 pro OR Office 2013...
  8. MS Office 2013-word or excel on click, says NOT RESPONDING

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Excel 2013 spreadsheets

in Windows 10 Customization
    Excel 2013 spreadsheets: I am having hick-ups in my spreadsheets, ie, copying, pasting, inserting, etc. How can this be resolved? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excel-2013-spreadsheets/40ceb777-1a23-4ff3-a8f4-f7f9ac5b6bb0
  10. Excel 2013 - problems readind formulas created with new Excel files

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel 2013 - problems readind formulas created with new Excel files: Hello All, I ask your support on this issue: I often open excel files sent by cistomers/suppliers, etc... with formulas. When I open those in my Excel 2013 the formulas are not working, and instead are wrapped by curly brackets {formula} the formula is still there, but I have...