Windows 10: Excel 2016 - Random Dark Gridlines in PDF

Discus and support Excel 2016 - Random Dark Gridlines in PDF in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I've got an Excel 2016 spreadsheet that I am printing using the "Microsoft Print to PDF" option. I want the spreadsheet to show gridlines. Everything... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Tomel, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Tomel Win User

Excel 2016 - Random Dark Gridlines in PDF

I've got an Excel 2016 spreadsheet that I am printing using the "Microsoft Print to PDF" option. I want the spreadsheet to show gridlines. Everything works fine except there are four cells in the spreadsheet where the gridlines are significantly darker than is true for all of the other cells. If I uncheck gridlines, all the cells are consistent - no gridlines, borders, or underlines except where I have intentionally placed them.

I guess I could use outline borders on all of the cells to accomplish what I want, but that's a pain. Any solutions?

By the way, the darker gridlines do not appear on the print preview.

:)

Tomel, Dec 19, 2018

2. Excel 2007, highlighting or bolding a single gridline

Hello,

I need some help. I am creating a chart using Excel 2007 and, I am trying to figure out a way to highlight, bold or glow a particular gridline using Excel 2007. I want to place emphasis on a particular frame rate by adjusting it's horizontal gridline. However, the problem is that Excel 2007 will not allow you to mouse click on a particular grid :shadedshu.

If I recall correctly Excel 2003 allowed me to mouse click on the grid of choice and make changes to it as I see fit. With Excel 2007 if you mouse click on 1 grid all the grids are chosen, thus the problem. I've been looking around but I do not know the technical term used for this.

Excel 2016 - Random Dark Gridlines in PDF [​IMG]

As you can see from the example above all the gridlines are highlighted (called Glow in Excel 2007). All I want to do is highlight just 1 (maybe 2 of them). Is there a way to do this?

EastCoasthandle, Dec 19, 2018
  3. Excel 2007, highlighting or bolding a single gridline

To further clarify I want to be able to change the gridline to look something like this:

Excel 2016 - Random Dark Gridlines in PDF example2.jpg

Where in this example the max FPS uses a green gridline while the min uses a red gridline.

EastCoasthandle, Dec 19, 2018
  4. Excel 2016 - Random Dark Gridlines in PDF

Excel In Office Home & Student 2016 Global Changes

OK, more info. So long as I save them in this state, both Gridlines and Headings deselected for printing they SAVE the settings.

Excel 2016 - Random Dark Gridlines in PDF [​IMG]

But when I select the Gridlines only , save, exit and reopen the workbook it reverts to Gridlines unselected and the Headings checked.

Sinister forces are at work!

Wiley Coyote, Dec 19, 2018
Thema:

Excel 2016 - Random Dark Gridlines in PDF

1. Excel 2016 - Random Dark Gridlines in PDF - Similar Threads - Excel 2016 Random

2. Excel 2016 freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Excel 2016 freezes: Is there a reason, why Excel 2016 freezes when running under Windows 10? IT appears immediately after the start / restart of the system.Ictried a new User Profile, with No results.***** moved from german to english Community *****...
  3. How to Convert a PDF file to Excel version 2016

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Convert a PDF file to Excel version 2016: I have a PDF file which contains a table of many entries which I require totals for each columnI have Excel 2016 and I wish to convert the PDF file to Excel so that I can work with the dataI understand this function available in Adobe purchased copy .I would appreciate any...
  4. How to Convert a PDF file to Excel version 2016

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Convert a PDF file to Excel version 2016: I have a PDF file which contains a table of many entries which I require totals for each columnI have Excel 2016 and I wish to convert the PDF file to Excel so that I can work with the dataI understand this function available in Adobe purchased copy .I would appreciate any...
  5. How to Convert a PDF file to Excel version 2016

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Excel spreadsheet prints ONLY gridlines and NOT font or numbers in cells

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Excel spreadsheet prints ONLY gridlines and NOT font or numbers in cells: When I'm trying to print a spreadsheet with gridlines, all the prints out are the gridlines and none of the font or numbers. I've tried everything like copying to another spreadsheet, checking to make sure all is well in print preview & even tried printing it in Word, and...
  7. Excel 2016

in Windows 10 Customization
    Excel 2016: How can I recover an excel2016 file that will not open maybe corrupt https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excel-2016/4ac0eb0f-7f93-4203-ba6e-ee4aa9899ed3
  8. Excel 2016

in Windows 10 Customization
    Excel 2016: How do I customize the default date format in Excel 2016 to this -- Mmm dd / yyyy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excel-2016/1e4038d6-9a54-44e0-9556-925b91cef13a
  9. Excel 2016

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Excel 2016: I've recently installed Office 365 Home (64-bit edition) on a brand new Dell XPS 15 9570 with 32 Gb of RAM and an i7 6-core processor and a 4k screen along with an Nvidia 1050 GPU. However, I've been very disappointed with the performance of Excel on the machine relative to...
  10. Excel 2016 hangs at "Starting" randomly

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel 2016 hangs at "Starting" randomly: Hello, I'm facing a weird and unexplained issue with Excel 2016 (part of Office 365). When I am opening a certain XLSX file (which is very simple and only contains a few date-based formulas), Excel simply hangs at "Starting. . .". After approximately 20 seconds, I got a...