Windows 10: Excel 2016

Discus and support Excel 2016 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've recently installed Office 365 Home (64-bit edition) on a brand new Dell XPS 15 9570 with 32 Gb of RAM and an i7 6-core processor and a 4k screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PolicyFinanceAnalysisUser, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Excel 2016

I've recently installed Office 365 Home (64-bit edition) on a brand new Dell XPS 15 9570 with 32 Gb of RAM and an i7 6-core processor and a 4k screen along with an Nvidia 1050 GPU. However, I've been very disappointed with the performance of Excel on the machine relative to Excel 2010 or Excel 2013 running on older, slower machines:

1) Screen refresh is slow, with grey boxes appearing and disappearing over large portions of the worksheet every time I scroll down through any worksheet. Note that this is independent of any content in the workbook - it happens even with a blank workbook.

2) Moving from cell to cell, specifically down a worksheet, lags - again, even in a new, blank workbook.

3) When there is content in the workbook, graphics refresh is far slower than on Excel 2010 or Excel 2013 on older, slower machines.

I've tried repairing the installation, and will try completely reinstalling, but I would note that the only fix that seems to have worked is to turn off High-DPI scaling. This, however, leaves UI elements unusable and makes it very difficult to work with any complicated workbook. Is there any fix for these issues? Is this a hardware issue (I have the latest drivers from Dell - though not necessarily from Intel) - and windows and office update automatically. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling all my graphics drivers - and running Excel using my discrete GPU - still no help.

Any suggestions?

:)

PolicyFinanceAnalysisUser, Sep 8, 2018
  2. jimbo45 Win User

Jump Lists Not working for Word 2016 or Excel 2016

Hi there

what's your Office 2016 version release

Mine is :

Excel 2016 [​IMG]

Not quite sure what you want to do -- drop downs etc in EXCEL seem OK and the "Recent documents" in EXCEL gives you a decent number of your recently accessed files.

For example :

Excel 2016 [​IMG]

Cheers

jimbo

jimbo45, Sep 8, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    New feature updates for Power Pivot in Excel 2016

Source: New feature updates for Power Pivot in Excel 2016 - Office Blogs

Brink, Sep 8, 2018
  4. SRV
    srv Win User

Excel 2016

Jump Lists Not working for Word 2016 or Excel 2016

I have the same version.
    If I don't have word pinned to my taskbar then I drop a word doc on the task bar it creates a shortcut to Word on my task bar with a pinned entry for that file - BUT when you click the file is says it doesn't exist then if you right click the file and click open it works just fine - so the problem gets even more strange Excel 2016 :)

Excel 2016 [​IMG]

but if you right click text.docx and click open it works...

Excel 2016 [​IMG]

and the recent list never appears on the right click menu....

something somewhere is very confused - that includes me at the moment!

Thema:

Excel 2016

1. Excel 2016 - Similar Threads - Excel 2016

2. How do I remove a pop-up in Excel 2016 Desktop that warns me that I am using the incorrect...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I remove a pop-up in Excel 2016 Desktop that warns me that I am using the incorrect...: How do I remove a pop-up in Excel 2016 Desktop that warns me that I am using the incorrect version of Excel? This massively annoying message pops up between every sheet when I am using this workbook. There also seems to be a connection between this and protecting each sheet...
  3. How do I remove a pop-up in Excel 2016 Desktop that warns me that I am using the incorrect...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove a pop-up in Excel 2016 Desktop that warns me that I am using the incorrect...: How do I remove a pop-up in Excel 2016 Desktop that warns me that I am using the incorrect version of Excel? This massively annoying message pops up between every sheet when I am using this workbook. There also seems to be a connection between this and protecting each sheet...
  4. How do I remove a pop-up in Excel 2016 Desktop that warns me that I am using the incorrect...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Excel 2016 freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Excel 2016 freezes: Is there a reason, why Excel 2016 freezes when running under Windows 10? IT appears immediately after the start / restart of the system.Ictried a new User Profile, with No results.***** moved from german to english Community *****...
  6. Excel 2016 freezes

Excel 2016 freezes: Is there a reason, why Excel 2016 freezes when running under Windows 10? IT appears immediately after the start / restart of the system.Ictried a new User Profile, with No results.***** moved from german to english Community *****...
  7. Excel 2016 freezes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. hi, i need to restore excel 2016 and word 2016 icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hi, i need to restore excel 2016 and word 2016 icons: i can open the files normally and use them, like a docx or xlsx file created and put on desktoponly the icons of these files show up as white boxes.this is a office pc and i recently recieved this systemany help would be greatly appreciated....
  9. hi, i need to restore excel 2016 and word 2016 icons

hi, i need to restore excel 2016 and word 2016 icons: i can open the files normally and use them, like a docx or xlsx file created and put on desktoponly the icons of these files show up as white boxes.this is a office pc and i recently recieved this systemany help would be greatly appreciated....
  10. I have outlook 2016 , and sometimes when I receive an excel sheet , it opens it up in word...

I have outlook 2016 , and sometimes when I receive an excel sheet , it opens it up in word...: I have outlook 2016 , and sometimes when I receive an excel sheet , it opens it up in word gibberish , even though the sender send it in excel. Please help...