Windows 10: Excel 2016

Discus and support Excel 2016 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I customize the default date format in Excel 2016 to this -- Mmm dd / yyyy... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ZennyCarabuena, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Excel 2016

How do I customize the default date format in Excel 2016 to this -- Mmm dd / yyyy

:)

ZennyCarabuena, Feb 7, 2019

2. "Excel 2016" App icon still in app list after uninstalling

Hi Averen,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Apologize for the difficulties that you're experiencing with Windows 10. Do not worry. We'll be glad to help you in resolving this issue.

What happens when you click on the Excel 2016 App icon?

Try Removing Apps From The All Apps List by following the below steps.

Step 1: Right-click on Excel 2016 from All Apps List > Click on
    More > Open file location.

Step 2: After clicking Open file location, a new File Explorer window will appear showing you the application shortcut, so you may want to delete that shortcut,
    restart the computer once, and check for the issue.

Alternatively, you may also press the Windows and R keys > Type or copy/paste the following command and hit
    Enter.

%appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

Then, look for Excel 2016 shortcut and delete it. Once deleted, restart the computer once, and check for the issue.

If you are still facing the same issue, I would suggest you to post a Screenshot
    of the Apps list, where you are seeing the Excel shortcut.

Give it a shot and let us know of any changes.

Shafeeq_Khan, Feb 7, 2019
  3. jimbo45 Win User
    Jump Lists Not working for Word 2016 or Excel 2016

Hi there

what's your Office 2016 version release

Mine is :

Excel 2016 [​IMG]

Not quite sure what you want to do -- drop downs etc in EXCEL seem OK and the "Recent documents" in EXCEL gives you a decent number of your recently accessed files.

For example :

Excel 2016 [​IMG]

Cheers

jimbo

jimbo45, Feb 7, 2019
  4. Jon Hof Win User

Excel 2016

Excel 2016 and O365 Excel file contents do not index when saving to a network drive

Hello Mala.S

I have tried that as well.

The only option left is to check on the Network drive and see if the file type 2016 excel / 2016 excel macro enabled is on the list of files to be indexed.

What is the file type extension that I should be checking for or adding to the list?

the Network drive might be older and may not have the file type on the list.

from the property list this is the content type of the file..

application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.spreadsheetml.sheet

application/vnd.ms-excel.sheet.macroEnabled.12

Thank you.

Jon Hof, Feb 7, 2019
Thema:

Excel 2016

1. Excel 2016 - Similar Threads - Excel 2016

2. How do I remove a pop-up in Excel 2016 Desktop that warns me that I am using the incorrect...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I remove a pop-up in Excel 2016 Desktop that warns me that I am using the incorrect...: How do I remove a pop-up in Excel 2016 Desktop that warns me that I am using the incorrect version of Excel? This massively annoying message pops up between every sheet when I am using this workbook. There also seems to be a connection between this and protecting each sheet...
  3. How do I remove a pop-up in Excel 2016 Desktop that warns me that I am using the incorrect...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove a pop-up in Excel 2016 Desktop that warns me that I am using the incorrect...: How do I remove a pop-up in Excel 2016 Desktop that warns me that I am using the incorrect version of Excel? This massively annoying message pops up between every sheet when I am using this workbook. There also seems to be a connection between this and protecting each sheet...
  4. How do I remove a pop-up in Excel 2016 Desktop that warns me that I am using the incorrect...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Excel 2016 freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Excel 2016 freezes: Is there a reason, why Excel 2016 freezes when running under Windows 10? IT appears immediately after the start / restart of the system.Ictried a new User Profile, with No results.***** moved from german to english Community *****...
  6. Excel 2016 freezes

Excel 2016 freezes: Is there a reason, why Excel 2016 freezes when running under Windows 10? IT appears immediately after the start / restart of the system.Ictried a new User Profile, with No results.***** moved from german to english Community *****...
  7. Excel 2016 freezes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. hi, i need to restore excel 2016 and word 2016 icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hi, i need to restore excel 2016 and word 2016 icons: i can open the files normally and use them, like a docx or xlsx file created and put on desktoponly the icons of these files show up as white boxes.this is a office pc and i recently recieved this systemany help would be greatly appreciated....
  9. hi, i need to restore excel 2016 and word 2016 icons

hi, i need to restore excel 2016 and word 2016 icons: i can open the files normally and use them, like a docx or xlsx file created and put on desktoponly the icons of these files show up as white boxes.this is a office pc and i recently recieved this systemany help would be greatly appreciated....
  10. I have outlook 2016 , and sometimes when I receive an excel sheet , it opens it up in word...

I have outlook 2016 , and sometimes when I receive an excel sheet , it opens it up in word...: I have outlook 2016 , and sometimes when I receive an excel sheet , it opens it up in word gibberish , even though the sender send it in excel. Please help...