Windows 10: Excel 2019 Typing Lag

Discus and support Excel 2019 Typing Lag in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hi, Anybody experiencing some typing lag in Excel 2019 ? I'm on Excel 2019 (16.0.10366.20016) 64 bit. I've disabled all the add ins, no custom menus.... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by sonnypf, Sep 25, 2020.

1. sonnypf Win User

Excel 2019 Typing Lag

Hi,

Anybody experiencing some typing lag in Excel 2019 ?
    I'm on Excel 2019 (16.0.10366.20016) 64 bit.
    I've disabled all the add ins, no custom menus. Even starting in safe mode it is still lagging.
    And only Excel is lagging, others like Word, Powerpoint even Access doesn't lag at all.

Already tried repair install locally and online, still the same. Read at some sites that I should downgrade to the previous build.

So before downgrading, any ideas on what other options I should try ?

cheers

:)

sonnypf, Sep 25, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Sep 25, 2020
  3. Jose Est Win User
    Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Sep 25, 2020
  4. neilpzz Win User

Excel 2019 Typing Lag

Excel file type disappeared

Can you open Excel without trying to open a file. There should be an Tile on the Start menu or in the list of all programs. Also check to make sure it is listed under the list of installed programs. It may be part of Office 2016.

Go to Start > Settings > Apps select Default apps and see if Microsoft Excel is listed under Choose default apps by file type. Look down the list for .xls, if it is listed and shows anything other than Excel then change it to Excel.

PS. another thought, when your file opened with Adobe did it display correctly.

neilpzz, Sep 25, 2020
Thema:

Excel 2019 Typing Lag

1. Excel 2019 Typing Lag - Similar Threads - Excel 2019 Typing

2. Continuous delays, or lags, when typing on Word, Outlook, Excel……

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Continuous delays, or lags, when typing on Word, Outlook, Excel……: Hello everyone,I am repeating my problem, because when the first complaint, I had received some comments, but sudden, at the middle of these comments, I didn't have anything more!My PC it’s a Dell Inspiron 3880, Windows 10 Home & Business, Version 21H1, 64-bit, installed on...
  3. Continuous delays, or lags, when typing on Word, Outlook, Excel……

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Continuous delays, or lags, when typing on Word, Outlook, Excel……: Hello everyone,I am repeating my problem, because when the first complaint, I had received some comments, but sudden, at the middle of these comments, I didn't have anything more!My PC it’s a Dell Inspiron 3880, Windows 10 Home & Business, Version 21H1, 64-bit, installed on...
  4. Continuous delays, or lags, when typing on Word, Outlook, Excel……

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Continuous delays, or lags, when typing on Word, Outlook, Excel......

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Continuous delays, or lags, when typing on Word, Outlook, Excel......: My PC it’s a Dell Inspiron 3880, Windows 10 Home & Business, Version 21H1, 64-bit.I have been struggling with an annoying problem caused by Windows, that it’s the continuous lags when I am typing, and the words has a long delay to appears on the monitor!! Even the keys...
  6. Continuous delays, or lags, when typing on Word, Outlook, Excel......

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Continuous delays, or lags, when typing on Word, Outlook, Excel......: My PC it’s a Dell Inspiron 3880, Windows 10 Home & Business, Version 21H1, 64-bit.I have been struggling with an annoying problem caused by Windows, that it’s the continuous lags when I am typing, and the words has a long delay to appears on the monitor!! Even the keys...
  7. Continuous delays, or lags, when typing on Word, Outlook, Excel......

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. EXCEL 2019 Stock and Geograpghy Data types missing

in Microsoft Office and 365
    EXCEL 2019 Stock and Geograpghy Data types missing: Hi folks Is this only now an Office 365 feature -- for stock quotes the Stock and Geography data types aren't available it seems in current versions of Office 2019 Any body messing around with Stock Exchange type of stuff on EXCEL --the old yahoo used to have excellent Free...
  9. Mouse Lagging in Excel

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Mouse Lagging in Excel: I have mouse lagging with Excel. I dont have this issue with any other program but Excel. Btw, I got the Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse. It was recommended that I change the poll rate of the mouse. I was told this is done through 3rd party software. Is there a way to do this...
  10. Mouse Lagging in Excel

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse Lagging in Excel: I have mouse lagging with Excel. I dont have this issue with any other program but Excel. Btw, I got the Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse. It was recommended that I change the poll rate of the mouse. I was told this is done through 3rd party software. Is there a way to do this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lag in office

2. office 2019 type lag