Windows 10: Excel 2103 adding digits to column

Discus and support Excel 2103 adding digits to column in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hi guys can I ask for a little advice please I have an excel 2013 spreadsheet formatted as a table I have attached a screenshot to explain better As... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by sam02, May 12, 2019.

1. sam02 Win User

Excel 2103 adding digits to column

Hi guys can I ask for a little advice please I have an excel 2013 spreadsheet formatted as a table

I have attached a screenshot to explain better

As you can see I have a rows of dates in the header row IE 12th 13th 14th and so on to the left of the yellow column but when I add the same dates to the right of the yellow column excel add the digit 2.

I understand it is telling me that's the second time the same date has been used, but is it possible to stop this please

:)

sam02, May 12, 2019

2. Excel not responding. Trying to format a column of phone numbers.

Excel 2010
    I have a column of 22,000 phone numbers (and an additional column of fax numbers).
    I'm trying to convert the numbers from nine digits to nine digits with hyphens.

I copied and renamed the original document. There are no protections.
    To be certain, I ran the Doc Inspector. I'm still free to do anything to the list.

The instructions are easy:
    Highlight column, select Format cell, click Custom, in Type, insert XXX-XXX-XXXX, click OK. That didn't work.
    Next, instead of click Custom, I clicked Special, selected phone number, clicked OK.
    Instead of hyphens, if it adds parentheses around the area code. I'm not that picky, although it takes more space.
    That doesn't work either.

I am less than a novice in Excel when it comes to creating anything. I've managed to fill in others and not have to create my own.

The only thing that doesn't look like instructions is that the Sample above Type never changes.
    I don't know if it should.

Excel 2103 adding digits to column [​IMG]

Thank you.

BellaDonna, May 12, 2019
  3. Excel column width

Is there an easy way to change the column width on Excel using WP7? I copy files over from my PC where the data fits inside the column width but when I open on WP7 I see "xxxxxxxxx" in the column meaning the data won't fit. I've tried moving columns with
    my fingernail after enlarging the spreadsheet but can't get it to do anything. Is the only approach to make the columns wider on the PC version first?

buzzzqwert, May 12, 2019
  4. Rajesh S Win User

How to delete multiple non-adjacent columns in Excel at the same time?

I would like to suggest you simple Macro, to delete multiple non-adjacent columns in one stroke.

N.B.

• You can replace values in Split("2-4-6",,) with required Column
      numbers like Split("1-3-5").
    • Column's order must be Ascending.
    • With Sheet1, is also editable.

Rajesh S, May 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Excel 2103 adding digits to column - Similar Threads - Excel 2103 adding

2. Why can't I merge columns in my Excel spreadsheet?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I merge columns in my Excel spreadsheet?: I am modifying a spreadsheet developed by someone else. I have already unprotected the columns that I want to merge, but the "merge cells' choice is still not available to me. What am I doing wrong?...
  3. Why can't I merge columns in my Excel spreadsheet?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I merge columns in my Excel spreadsheet?: I am modifying a spreadsheet developed by someone else. I have already unprotected the columns that I want to merge, but the "merge cells' choice is still not available to me. What am I doing wrong?...
  4. Adding Custom File Explorer Column?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Adding Custom File Explorer Column?: Hello, I often work through a series of files in a directory and I'd like a way to identify which ones are done and which ones I am still working on. I know I can re-name the files but I'm wondering if there is a way to add a column to File Explorer that would be a YES/NO...
  5. Excel: how to sort columns

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel: how to sort columns: [img] Hi I I understand why those columns are sorted the way they are, but I cant sort them the way I want. ie - I would like CS_S all the way left, CS_E is in column 3, etc. I have tried a bunch of diff options under data>sort, but regardless of what I try, I cant get...
  6. Third column added to folder view

in Windows 10 Support
    Third column added to folder view: I don't know if this is something new or if I just never had it happen to me before. When I open a folder with songs listed, a third column is being created on the right side. It has the artist, title at the top, an icon to represent the song, then the same list of properties...
  7. Adding excel in new context menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding excel in new context menu: Hi, I'm trying to add excel program in the "new" context menu. [img] I went to regedit (ShellNew) : [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT]; .xlsx [img] I added "NullFile" key and put it to '1' as proposed in several procedures on the net. I restarted my computer...
  8. Adding columns in the start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding columns in the start menu: Hi! Im currently trying to increase the amount of columns displayed to 2. I have a tiny 7 inch screen with DPI set at 150% which makes the start menu only show one column. Do anyone know how to increase this to two? [img] 9011
  9. Excel not responding. Trying to format a column of phone numbers.

Excel not responding. Trying to format a column of phone numbers.: Excel 2010 I have a column of 22,000 phone numbers (and an additional column of fax numbers). I'm trying to convert the numbers from nine digits to nine digits with hyphens. I copied and renamed the original document. There are no protections. To be certain, I ran the...
  10. Read from Excel specific columns

Read from Excel specific columns: Hallo, seit kurzer Zeit bewege auch ich mich durch das "Matlab-Universum". Demgemäß freue ich mich über jeden kleinen Schritt, der mir gelingt. Nun habe ich jedoch eine Aufgabe erhalten, welche - so denke ich - mein bisheriges Können bei weitem übersteigt. Folgender...