Windows 10: Excel 365 - Conditional Formatting - disappearing Text / Lines.

Discus and support Excel 365 - Conditional Formatting - disappearing Text / Lines. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Just purchased office 365. Had 2007/2013 previous and no problems with the following; Conditional formatting - for turning text on / off and or lines... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by S.Berry, Mar 18, 2019.

1. S.Berry Win User

Excel 365 - Conditional Formatting - disappearing Text / Lines.

Just purchased office 365. Had 2007/2013 previous and no problems with the following;

Conditional formatting - for turning text on / off and or lines on/off - based on conditions.

If I scroll the mouse / display up or down or open and close a column or choose a drop down;

the areas on the excel application; where there is conditional formatting - flickers on and off.

The areas where there is visible text - disappear when scrolling / and when I choose one of my drop downs

(which is NOT associated with the formulas controlling the conditional format ; the text appears again.

But scroll again, and all the text disappears .. any one have this problem?

:)

S.Berry, Mar 18, 2019

2. Conditional formating

Hi again,

After a little thought you could use this in a cell to combine both checks for the conditional formula.

Inserted into cell B7,
    =IF(B2="W","",IF(B2="L",IF(B3<8,2,"")))

Inserted into cell B8,
    =IF(B4="W","",IF(B4="L",IF(B5<8,2,"")))

This is looking at both cells (B2 & B3) & (B4 & B5) for the comparison checks. Change cell references (B2 & B3) & (B4 & B5) for each cell you want to check.

Excel 365 - Conditional Formatting - disappearing Text / Lines. [​IMG]

The conditional formula for cell B2 is =B7=2, for the range of your cells.

The conditional formula for cell B4 is =B8=2, for the range of your cells.

Lottiemansion, Mar 18, 2019
  3. donnylad Win User
    Conditional formating

Okay,, the example is just a small sample of my data.
    Lie I said , I want a cell that is an L to have a red fill if the cell below is > 8.
    The cell contents can change and that is why I need to use conditional formatting.
    But I need help on how to do it.
    You can find the conditional formatting icon in the Home tab at the top.
    Len

donnylad, Mar 18, 2019
  4. donnylad Win User

excel conditional formating

Thankyou very much for your reply Denis but, as I have already have formulas in the cells I have had to use conditional formatting (HOME, CONDITIONAL FORMATING, NEW RULE, "Use a formula to determine which cells to format") , and it is there where I put my formula.
    Well, while waiting for an answer I selected a cell that I had put my formula and looked about and in (MANAGE RULES) it shows my formula and it also says "Applies to". So I input =A$1:E$1 ,clicked on apply and there you are, it had done the whole row. So thankyou again and I think this will be helpful to others with the same problem.
    Len

donnylad, Mar 18, 2019
Thema:

1. Excel 365 - Conditional Formatting - disappearing Text / Lines. - Similar Threads - Excel 365 Conditional

2. Text disappearing when conditional format applied?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Text disappearing when conditional format applied?: Just set up conditional formatting to change colour on a cell depending on input of a different cell. This happens but where there is data in the original cell it disappears? Can anyone help me on how I stop this happening please...
  3. Text disappearing when conditional format applied?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Text disappearing when conditional format applied?: Just set up conditional formatting to change colour on a cell depending on input of a different cell. This happens but where there is data in the original cell it disappears? Can anyone help me on how I stop this happening please...
  4. Text disappearing when conditional format applied?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Conditional formatting problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Conditional formatting problem: I need conditional formatting to compare 2 lists of numbers with the goal of formatting numbers not in the second list. The first list has 300 numbers; the second list has 2000 numbers. Here is a formula I've tried unsuccessfully. It formats all 300 numbers in the first list...
  6. Conditional Formatting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Conditional Formatting: Hello!I am trying to use excel to highlight a revised ship date. I have a column of estimated ship dates and revised ship dates. The estimated ship dates can range from any date in the week ie 5/16, 5/17 etc The revised ship date is changed manually. How can I format excel so...
  7. Conditional Formatting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Conditional Formatting: Hello!I am trying to use excel to highlight a revised ship date. I have a column of estimated ship dates and revised ship dates. The estimated ship dates can range from any date in the week ie 5/16, 5/17 etc The revised ship date is changed manually. How can I format excel so...
  8. Conditional formating

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Conditional formating: Hi all ,,,,again. I am using excel 2016 and have two rows of data thus,, WLWLWWLLLWL 76897665949 What I want is if the top cell is an L and the cell immediately below it is more than 8, how do I do it to change the top cell to a red fill?. PLease. Len 125425
  9. excel conditional formating

excel conditional formating: Hi to all,,, I am using excel 2016 and I have a 2 rows of data of which the top row consists of W or L and the row underneath consists of numbers that can be a number from 1 to 8. If the top cell is an L and the cell below is >6 I want the selected cell to be formatted with a...
  10. Excel Conditional formatting question.

Excel Conditional formatting question.: If I wanted to make a conditional formatting rule that would select all cells in a column [I2-I65] with a formula generated value less than 0.9 and greater than 1.1, ignoring all empty cells, what formula would I use? Thanks. 83089

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot

2. excel conditional formatting disappears

3. why excel font disappear after conditional formatting

4. formula formatting text excel 365,
  5. there is no New Rule for Conditional Formatting in excel 365