Windows 10: Excel (365) prompts to sign in to verify account - feature disabled...

Discus and support Excel (365) prompts to sign in to verify account - feature disabled... in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Office 365 (1903 - 11425.20202) When launching Excel a "Sign in required"- bar shows up. "Sign in a ... outlook.com to verify the account associated... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by tfwul, Apr 12, 2019.

1. tfwul Win User

Excel (365) prompts to sign in to verify account - feature disabled...

Office 365 (1903 - 11425.20202)
    When launching Excel a "Sign in required"- bar shows up.

"Sign in a ... outlook.com to verify the account associated with your Office 365 subscription."
    but when I sign in, I am getting an error:

"This feature has been disabled by your administrator."

Question is why I need to sign in the first place.
    AFAIK I didn't change anything since I last used Office (yesterday). So 'something' must have triggered this.

Secondly, how to solve this?

I went into my outlook account,where I was prompted to change my password...(?)
    Wonder why.

I am the only user of this standalone Windows 10 x64 pc.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Excel (365) prompts to sign in to verify account - feature disabled... [​IMG]

FWIW - I noticed a 10016 Error in the eventlog, but have no idea what it means, maybe it has nothing to do with the above.

"
    The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54} and APPID {15C20B67-12E7-4BB6-92BB-7AFF07997402} to the user DESKTOP-Name\user SID (S-1-5-21-3305611350-3359763379-3153395048-1001) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.
    "

:)

tfwul, Apr 12, 2019

2. Prompting for verifying the account on Windows 10.

Hi Eddie,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

I would like to inform you that we can not send the verification email of live mail to Outlook.com account. The verification email will be send to the particular email address.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "verify my account", are you trying to verify old live mail address on the computer? Are you trying to verify the device in the user account settings of Windows 10?
    • When you say that "I sign in to my Microsoft account with my outlook.com e mail and password", are you signed in as Outlook.com account or Live mail address on the computer? Which account is configured as user account on the computer?

I suggest you to refer to the Microsoft Help Article as a reference.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...fy-an-email-address-in-your-microsoft-account

Please get back to us with an update on issue with verifying email account, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Apr 12, 2019
  3. Prompt to Sign-in With Microsoft Account Not Appearing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query at Microsoft community.

• Use the power button on the sign-in screen to Shift+Restart. This will take you to the recovery boot menu.
    • Click Troubleshoot, Advanced options, Startup settings. When given the choice of startup options, try booting the PC in
      Safe Mode with Command Prompt. If you can’t get there, skip to the next major step.
      • If you can get to a CMD window, enable the built-in administrator account:

net user administrator /active:yes
      • Then restart and sign-in as the Administrator account.
      • Once in the Administrator account, open Regedit
        and go to the following key:

HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\IdentityCRL\StoredIdentities
      • Save a backup of the key: Export the StoredIdentities key to a .REG file on the desktop.
      • Then continue with step 4 below.
    • Use boot media to access the recovery command prompt.
      • Start Regedit.
      • Select the HKEY_USERS key.
      • Click File, Load Hive. and go up in the file system to This PC. Then browse to this file and then click Open:

C:\Windows\System32\config\DEFAULT
      • When prompted, name it “def”
      • Select this key:

HKEY_USERS\def\Software\Microsoft\IdentityCRL\StoredIdentities
      • Save a backup of the key: Export the StoredIdentities key to a .REG file on the C:\ drive.
    • Find the subkey under StoredIdentities that matches the name of the Microsoft Account.
    • Delete the key.
    • If you loaded the offline registry hive, go back up in the tree on the left and select “def”. Then click File,
      Unload hive. This option will only be available if “def” is selected.
    • Restart the PC and test sign-in.
    • Once done, you may need to Verify the account in Settings, Accounts in order for it to be fully usable in Windows again.
    • If you used the built-in Administrator account to resolve the issue, please return it to the default disabled state(net user administrator /active:no) to help keep the customer’s PC secure.

Hope the information provided was helpful and do let us know if you need any assistance in the future. We will be glad to help.

Please let us know in the comments if you have additional findings.

Rohit Chettri, Apr 12, 2019
  4. Excel (365) prompts to sign in to verify account - feature disabled...

Office 365 activation error after big Win 10 update

We appreciate your response, Keith. We suggest that you update Office 365 and see if it'll make a difference. You can simply do it by opening any Office 365 applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Here are the steps on how to do so:

• Open Office app, then click on File.
    • Look for Account, then click on Update.
    • Once done, restart your computer.

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, Apr 12, 2019
Thema:

Excel (365) prompts to sign in to verify account - feature disabled...

1. Excel (365) prompts to sign in to verify account - feature disabled... - Similar Threads - Excel 365 prompts

2. Excel AutoSave Feature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Excel AutoSave Feature: If the Excel AutoSave feature requires saving files on OneDrive and Windows 11 automatically syncs system folders with OneDrive, why cannot I AutoSave Excel files residing on my Desktop?...
  3. Excel AutoSave Feature

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Excel AutoSave Feature: If the Excel AutoSave feature requires saving files on OneDrive and Windows 11 automatically syncs system folders with OneDrive, why cannot I AutoSave Excel files residing on my Desktop?...
  4. New STOCKHISTORY feature in Excel for Microsoft 365

in Windows 10 News
    New STOCKHISTORY feature in Excel for Microsoft 365: Disclaimer STOCKHISTORY is currently available to 50% of Microsoft 365 Subscribers in the Beta level of the Office Insider program. The behavior and signature of this function is subject to change. Releasing this way allows us to get early feedback to prepare for a broader...
  5. Excel 365

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Excel 365: I am trying to load excel programs. I get the error about a dialog box is open. then the program opens every excel file I have. confused https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excel-365/29e5e9ab-48ab-4325-842b-71b976a37946"
  6. Excel, Office 365

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Excel, Office 365: Hello, I am having puting 11-20 into a cell. It converts it to date format, Nov-20, and when I change the format to General it converts it to 44136. Same thing happens when I use the Number format. Only seems to be for this data, i.e. 11-20. Any ideas? Thanks....
  7. New Sketchy Shapes feature for Office 365 Word, PowerPoint, and Excel

in Windows 10 News
    New Sketchy Shapes feature for Office 365 Word, PowerPoint, and Excel: Hey Insiders! My name is Jessica and I am a Program Manager on the Office Graphics team. When I’m working in Office, sometimes it’s hard to express work-in-progress diagrams and models without throwing up a big watermark that says “DRAFT” on your content. [ATTACH] So we...
  8. OneDrive not signing in with office 365 account

in Microsoft Office and 365
    OneDrive not signing in with office 365 account: Hi, I'm struggling to get a user logged back into there one drive using there office365 account since resetting there profile. They can log into office.com and see there one drive from there. When i come to log into OneDrive from the users PC i get prompted to click get...
  9. repeated prompts to verify account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    repeated prompts to verify account: Hello All, I had a BSOD after a reboot post one of the recent patch updates and since then I can't get verify your account to last more than a few reboots without being asked to verify my account again. Things I've tried. 1. reset my PC keeping settings (this seemed to...
  10. Disable sign in password feature

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Disable sign in password feature: I need, repeat NEED to disable having to sign in with a password every time I fire up my computer now. I DID NOT have to do this at all until recently when some dumb update or whatever stuck it to me. How do I get rid of this bothersome feature?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Excel 365 prompts for Sign-in

2. outlook this feature has been disabled by your administrator

3. sign in to verify excel local account