Windows 10: Excel and notepad has black background due to windows update

Discus and support Excel and notepad has black background due to windows update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have notepad and excel issues, their background is both color black. I am sure that this is because of the latest windows update because I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by geenezatapangan, Apr 16, 2021.

1. Excel and notepad has black background due to windows update

Hi,

I have notepad and excel issues, their background is both color black.

I am sure that this is because of the latest windows update because I tried restoring to the old version and the excel and notepad is fine. But my laptop became laggy after restoring to the previous windows version so I updated it again to the latest windows version.

But my excel and notepad have black background again.

I tried turning off the black theme in excel settings but still not fixed.

I tried turning off also the high contrast in ease of access settings, but still the excel and notepad has black bacground.

I tried changing the color to light in personalization, and still they still have black background.

Please help me fix it as this slows me in my work.

Excel and notepad has black background due to windows update 1c39bd9e-72ab-4bf8-b786-534d5cb92044?upload=true.jpg

:)

geenezatapangan, Apr 16, 2021
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Desktop background gone black after a few minutes of use on laptop.

Hello,

Desktop background and taskbar going black could be due to software conflicts.

We would like to know some information to better assist you with your concern:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you get any error messages or error codes?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try to check if the "Show Windows Background" option is turned on. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings in the Start menu.
    • Go to Ease of Access, then on the left side, click
      Other options.
    • Turn on Show Windows Background and check if it works.

We will wait for your reply.

Remon Ont, Apr 16, 2021
  3. Marivel Man, Apr 16, 2021
  4. Excel and notepad has black background due to windows update

HOW CAN I CHANGE THE BACKGROUND COLOR IN NOTEPAD?

Hi Debra,

It's likely that you have selected a high contrast theme for your desktop which will make your desktop and almost all your applications' background black. To isolate such issue, we'd like to ask the following questions:

• Are you pertaining to the built-in Notepad app in Windows?
    • Are all your windows background black in color?
    • Did you recently change a theme for your desktop background?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you check if you've set a high contract theme. To do so, right-click on the
    Start menu, then go to Control Panel >
    Appearance and Personalization
    > Personalization.

We look forward to your response.

Angela Pun, Apr 16, 2021
Thema:

Excel and notepad has black background due to windows update

1. Excel and notepad has black background due to windows update - Similar Threads - Excel notepad has

2. task manager has black background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    task manager has black background: The text in it is unreadable. I've already tried changing the color mode in settings but nothing changed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-has-black-background/cad1db92-6aaa-42af-a231-bc372361588d
  3. task manager has black background

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    task manager has black background: The text in it is unreadable. I've already tried changing the color mode in settings but nothing changed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-has-black-background/cad1db92-6aaa-42af-a231-bc372361588d
  4. task manager has black background

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Black Background in Excel and some system windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black Background in Excel and some system windows: I have checked that High Contrast is off.Office 365.How to repair??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-background-in-excel-and-some-system-windows/2d5476c6-57c6-41b4-ba9b-9314f2ecb0a5
  6. Black Background after Windows update

Black Background after Windows update: After a windows update, I cannot get my screen saver to function. I'm left with a black screen with only the apps visible. I have checked the "change scren saver" but nothing happens....
  7. Microsoft Word & Excel Background is BLACK & the writing is white

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Word & Excel Background is BLACK & the writing is white: Hi, The background on my excel files & word documents are black. How do I change it back to white background. I also noticed my search bar for google is also black, instead of the usual white. Thanks....
  8. Excel background is black

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Excel background is black: It seems like I (I don't know how) changed some I don't have problems in any other office apps the table the weird thing is, that If I save it as a pdf there is a completely white background (the borders non existent or mby white) and grey text saved as pdf By formatting...
  9. notepad to excel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    notepad to excel: how do I put data existing in comma separated file into an excel document? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_productivity/notepad-to-excel/594f77b4-7ac8-4c02-b7d3-1aa0da0fcf5d
  10. Notepad Background

Notepad Background: Hi, I noticed a friend on Mac had a background where they could just type stuff in, like reminders to do things etc. Does anybody know if there is an equivalent for windows 10? Thanks 40186

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Dark Background Microsoft Excel