Windows 10: Excel and word 365 not printing

Discus and support Excel and word 365 not printing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have a strange issue where only certain Office 365 products will not print to a network printer. Other applications (ie Chrome, PDF, MS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MattMoroney, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Excel and word 365 not printing

Hi,

I have a strange issue where only certain Office 365 products will not print to a network printer.

Other applications (ie Chrome, PDF, MS Powerpoint, Word) will print with no issues.

The issue happens with Excel 365, Outlook 365.

I can see the job going to the local print queue when printing from these apps but not reaching the print server. Another unusual thing is that the apps that don't print will send 2 jobs to the printer but they don't reach the print server. All other apps do not have this issue.

Troubleshooting I have tried

- Uninstalling then reinstalling Office 365 (with a reboot in the middle)

- Removing the printer and readding

- trying a different printer

- trying a different user

- getting the user to print from a different machine (it worked from a different machine)

- print different spreadsheets (new/old)

- printing different email messages

- Monitor the job from local to print server. It does not reach print server

Printer details are

Fuji Xerox Apeosport V1 C2271 PCL6

:)

MattMoroney, Nov 13, 2019

2. Word/Excel 2016 could not connect to printer

Windows 10 Pro, Office 365 Business Premium. Dell OptiPlex 7050 PC.

Random occurrences of Word/Excel not being able to print, the application says it can't find any printers. Within Word/Excel shows all printers installed on the PC as 'not connected' but it only shows this in one of the Office apps at a time. If you get
    the print error in Excel then you open Word and the printers are listed with no problem. If you can't print in Word then open Excel and Excel can print fine. A test print also works outside of Office so it only seems to be within Office 365 apps that we see
    the problem. Some users are printing directly to a printer via IP and others go via a print server but the problem affects all printers. A restart of the print spooler service doesn't help, the only way to resolve the issue is to reboot the PC. Affects random
    domain users at random times. We could run an Office repair to see if that fixes it but how come a reboot fixes it every time? Any other suggestions to save a restart?

scratchyratface, Nov 13, 2019
  3. Word, Excel and Adobe wont print

To further troubleshoot your printing concern, we suggest that you create a test user profile. Using the test user profile, try to print an Excel, Word and Adobe file.

To create a test user profile, follow these steps:

• On Search, type Setting then hit the Enter key.
    • On Settings window, select Accounts.
    • Select Family & other people.
    • Select Add someone else to this PC.
    • Name the user profile as TEST.
    • Assign a password for TEST user, then select Next.
    • Sign in TEST user.
    Please take note if you will experience the printing issue on TEST user.

We will be waiting for your response.

Darleen Pen, Nov 13, 2019
  4. mlg63 Win User

Excel and word 365 not printing

excel in word 365

Excel is a program that opens in Excel, not Word. Those are 2 diff Office applications. You need to explain what you are trying to do--open a Word document or an Excel spreadsheet,. If you need to reinstall Microsoft Office 365 go to the Office website. Manage, Download, Backup, & Restore Microsoft Office Products

mlg63, Nov 13, 2019
Thema:

Excel and word 365 not printing

1. Excel and word 365 not printing - Similar Threads - Excel word 365

2. Word & Excel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Word & Excel: I bought this computer with Microsoft Word and Excel already installed. There is no annual fee. Can I transfer these programs to another computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-excel/aa0fe52c-84f7-4399-b1a6-c41c97dcfd91
  3. Word & Excel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Word & Excel: I bought this computer with Microsoft Word and Excel already installed. There is no annual fee. Can I transfer these programs to another computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-excel/aa0fe52c-84f7-4399-b1a6-c41c97dcfd91
  4. Cant print word/excel/ppt from Microsoft Office 365 2019

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Cant print word/excel/ppt from Microsoft Office 365 2019: Hi all, I have a new notebook that run in win 10 and install with Microsoft office 365 2019. It has been connected with Fuji Xerox CM255FW by wifi I can print directly from web browser like IE & Chrome and pdf file, but not notepad; word; excel and powerpoint from Microsoft...
  5. Cant print word/excel/ppt from Microsoft Office 365 2019

in Windows 10 Support
    Cant print word/excel/ppt from Microsoft Office 365 2019: Hi all, I have a new notebook that run in win 10 and install with Microsoft office 365 2019. It has been connected with Fuji Xerox CM255FW by wifi I can print directly from web browser like IE & Chrome and pdf file, but not notepad; word; excel and powerpoint from Microsoft...
  6. Excel and Word

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Excel and Word: Why just out of the blue do I get this pop up when I open excel and word that says "We're sorry, but excel and word has run into an error that is preventing it from working ,,,,,, " This prevents me from working as it just closes on it's own. There is always something with...
  7. Excel 365

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Excel 365: I am trying to load excel programs. I get the error about a dialog box is open. then the program opens every excel file I have. confused https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excel-365/29e5e9ab-48ab-4325-842b-71b976a37946"
  8. printing labels from excel using Word.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    printing labels from excel using Word.: I have set up the labels, and need 4 pages to print, however only the first one prints. I looked in properties, and in the details section, it shows "pages 1" In a previous version, set up for different information, it shows "pages 4" and prints all my pages. How do I...
  9. Office 2016 users (not 365) / EXCEL print

Office 2016 users (not 365) / EXCEL print: Hi folks Office 2016 now apparently is at the same release level as Office 365. Now version 1807. No probs with EXCEL print so perhaps if you had the issue it's fixed by this update. [img] Cheers jimbo 115043
  10. Windows 10 and Office 365 Excel and Word Issue

Windows 10 and Office 365 Excel and Word Issue: I have repeated a Clean Reinstall and Install of Office 365 twice trying to remedy this problem without success. I have an Excel Workbook file and a Word File saved with password protection. After opening them I can make changes however when I try to save the I get an...