Windows 10: Excel App not working after moving to desktop location

Discus and support Excel App not working after moving to desktop location in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Excel was one of my apps, but I wanted to move it from having to look it up in the bottom left corner to onto my desktop. I moved it but now it won’t... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Revieme, Dec 28, 2020.

1. Excel App not working after moving to desktop location

Excel was one of my apps, but I wanted to move it from having to look it up in the bottom left corner to onto my desktop. I moved it but now it won’t open, and no longer shows up as one of my apps. I could have possibly somehow messed up the shortcut or something else, but I’m unsure exactly what happened to cause excel to no longer work. Anything I could do to try and solve this?

submitted by /u/Revieme
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Revieme, Dec 28, 2020
  2. Cyndera80 Win User

Cannot move desktop to a new location in Windows 7

I've been trying to move the desktop location on a machine that runs Windows 7.

On my own machine (Windows 10), there's a "Location" tab in the desktop properties.

That tab is missing on the machine that runs Windows 7.

I came across the suggestion below in other threads, but it is not working for me. Any other suggestions on how to change to location or how to get the location tab to show?

Thanks!

1. Open the Registry editor (Regedit.exe)
    2. Browse to the location:

HKCU > Software > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion > Explorer > User Shell Folders.
    3. In the right window pane select the required value (i.e. Desktop).
    4. Insert the new location for the folder to be stored.
    5. Close the registry editor and log off

--> Didn't work.

Cyndera80, Dec 28, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    Cannot save an excel file to any location on C:

It sounds like you have Ransomware Protection turned on in Windows Security. You can check to see if it has recently blocked your Excel. See Option One in this tutorial, at Step 5 click 'Recently blocked apps'. If Excel appears there, add it to the list of allowed apps.

Add or Remove Allowed Apps for Controlled Folder Access in Windows 10

4. Rhina Vib Win User

Excel App not working after moving to desktop location

Move Icon to Desktop

Hi Patricia,

For us to better assist you with this concern, we need to ask a few questions:

• Are you getting any error messages when you are trying to move the Excel icon to your desktop?
    • Were there any changes made prior to this issue?

You can create an Excel desktop shortcut on your Windows 10 computer by referring to the steps provided in the article on this link.

Looking forward to your reply.

Thank you.

Rhina Vib, Dec 28, 2020
Thema:

Excel App not working after moving to desktop location

1. Excel App not working after moving to desktop location - Similar Threads - Excel App working

2. Messed up moving location of Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Messed up moving location of Desktop: I had a laptop with a small 500GB SSD main drive c:\I installed another 2TB SSD as drive d:\I put all my stuff on d:\, in folders not in the root. There's a lot of stuff!I like to use the Windows Desktop as a working area but some of it is bulky so I wanted to move it to...
  3. Messed up moving location of Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Messed up moving location of Desktop: I had a laptop with a small 500GB SSD main drive c:\I installed another 2TB SSD as drive d:\I put all my stuff on d:\, in folders not in the root. There's a lot of stuff!I like to use the Windows Desktop as a working area but some of it is bulky so I wanted to move it to...
  4. Halo Infinite Not Launching From Xbox App After Moving Download Location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Halo Infinite Not Launching From Xbox App After Moving Download Location: Hey, I recently migrated my games from the C:// drive to the D:// drive on my computer and all of my games work except for Halo Infinite, which is unfortunate because it happens to be my favorite! I am running a new computer with Windows 11/3060Ti/Ryzen 5/16GB Ram so spec...
  5. Halo Infinite Not Launching From Xbox App After Moving Download Location

Halo Infinite Not Launching From Xbox App After Moving Download Location: Hey, I recently migrated my games from the C:// drive to the D:// drive on my computer and all of my games work except for Halo Infinite, which is unfortunate because it happens to be my favorite! I am running a new computer with Windows 11/3060Ti/Ryzen 5/16GB Ram so spec...
  6. Onedrive Problem after moving location

in Windows 10 Support
    Onedrive Problem after moving location: I was following this guide Change Location of OneDrive Folder in Windows 10 but musty have done something wrong. I successfully moven my OneDrive local folder from C:\Users\\OneDrive - <Company Name> to D:\Users\\OneDrive - <Company Name> however I was also syncing folders...
  7. EXCEL WORKSHEETS MOVING

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    EXCEL WORKSHEETS MOVING: Hi, I am trying once again to get an answer to what appears to be a simple request but I cannot solve it. I have 12 excel worksheets on my desktop (windows 10) they are labelled January through to December but each time I edit one of the worksheets I save it and it goes to a...
  8. Moving apps to desktop

Moving apps to desktop: I am trying to move some apps to my desktop to save some clicks. Why was this simple convenience determined irrelevant by the Windows 10 team? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-apps-to-desktop/2e89c2e9-7cb4-4748-8429-1da52289fc68
  9. Move Desktop location after merging it with E Driver

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Move Desktop location after merging it with E Driver: Hello, When I moved the Desktop location to E Driver, I accidentally moved it under E:\ without creating a folder Desktop. Therefore, the Desktop now merges with the whole E Drive. Namely, the computer now treats E:\ as Desktop! When I tried to move my Desktop elsewhere,...
  10. Move Location of Desktop Folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Move Location of Desktop Folder in Windows 10: How to: Move Location of Desktop Folder in Windows 10 How to Move Your Desktop Folder Location in Windows 10 The desktop is the main screen area that you see after you turn on your PC and sign in to Windows. Like the top of an actual desk, it serves as a surface for...