Windows 10: Excel application does not open!

Discus and support Excel application does not open! in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Hello, After updating to V. 1809, an application in Excel opens at 5% of the time normally and when it is not, only a blank page is displayed. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by alpha45, Nov 28, 2018.

1. alpha45 Win User

Excel application does not open!

Hello,

After updating to V. 1809, an application in Excel opens at 5% of the time normally and when it is not, only a blank page is displayed.

I enclose some screens where the position from where I start the Excel application is indicated.

Thanks for every help.

Excel application does not open! [​IMG]

if starting from the link below is ok!

:)

alpha45, Nov 28, 2018
  2. dalchina Win User

CSV files used to open in Excel....not now!

Hi, you say Excel is installed. Does it run normally?

You can't find Excel in (an unspecified) list of applications. I don't know which list that is for sure.

For example, in the list related to:
    - rt click a file. Open With
    - this list:

- this list:

- some other list...

If Excel does not appear in the above, I suggest you repair your office installation.

Maybe the above gives you some ideas. Otherwise please post a screenshot of where you think you should see it but don't. Thanks.

dalchina, Nov 28, 2018
  3. FIles in Word, Excel and other programmes will not open from the explorer

Hi Brian,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and thanks for providing us an opportunity to assist you.

Please follow the steps.

Step 1:

Lets try to disable the DDE option following these steps:

• Click the File tab, and then click
      Options.
    • Click Advanced, and then click to clear the
      Ignore other applications that use Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE) check box in the
      General area.
    Click OK.

Step 2:

If the issue persists, uncheck the compatibility options by doing the following:

Right click on Excel (.exe) Properties > Compatibility > uncheck all the boxes

To access Excel (.exe), open the following location:

Windows 8 32bit: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14

Windows 8 64bit: C:\Program Files(x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14

For reference:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_programs/there-was-a-problem-sending-the-command-to-the/56ee1743-b476-43a5-9b00-169b8c6ef37a

Hope the suggestion is helpful. Reply for further assistance.

Joy Kemprai, Nov 28, 2018
  4. DaveM121 Win User

windows explorer opening an excel file.

Hi Dan, does Excel Open with a blank window instead of opening that file?

If so, follow these steps to perform a full repair of your Office installation . . .

Open Control Panel - Programs and Features

Click Microsoft Office in the list of installed applications

At the top, click 'Change'

On the resulting dialog, click 'Repair' - choose the Online Repair, it is a comprehensive fix

That should fix any issues with your Office Installation . . .

DaveM121, Nov 28, 2018
Thema:

1. Excel application does not open! - Similar Threads - Excel application does

2. Excel not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Excel not opening: I have a question about ExcelThe following message appears when I try to open Excel. We are sorry, but Excel has run into an error that is preventing it from working correctly. Excel will need to close as a result. Would you like us to repair now". When I press the "Repair...
  3. Excel not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Excel not opening: I have a question about ExcelThe following message appears when I try to open Excel. We are sorry, but Excel has run into an error that is preventing it from working correctly. Excel will need to close as a result. Would you like us to repair now". When I press the "Repair...
  4. Excel app not opened!

Excel app not opened!: Idk what I did but I can't open any Microsoft related apps, tried reinstalled didn't work. I think it could be a virus but id a scan and found nothing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excel-app-not-opened/a134d506-e03b-4015-b34d-6828c06acd4f
  5. Opening Saved Excel,

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Opening Saved Excel,: I have a file saved in Excel and was just wandering if there was any way to program this file to open in full screen?There are times when I open this file and just the resizing and closing buttons are displayed....
  6. Opening Saved Excel,

Opening Saved Excel,: I have a file saved in Excel and was just wandering if there was any way to program this file to open in full screen?There are times when I open this file and just the resizing and closing buttons are displayed....
  7. MS Excel 2016 does not open

MS Excel 2016 does not open: Hi Microsoft Team! I would like to inquire what seems to be the problem whenever I launch Excel 2016. It does not push through and the dialogue box says: C:/USERS/EMR/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/Internet%20Explorer/Quick%20Launch/User%20Pinned/Task%20Bar/Excel%202016.Ink...
  8. Excel does not work

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Excel does not work: An error message "Excel stopped working" appears on my screen and the program unexpectedly closes. How can I solve this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excel-does-not-work/564bb44e-3394-4b27-bdc5-80bb60f194e8"
  9. Excel does not work

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Excel does not work: An error message "Excel stopped working" appears on my screen and the program unexpectedly closes. How can I solve this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excel-does-not-work/9c1a9dc4-a15e-42c2-84be-64387fe71c4d"
  10. Excel application does not open!

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel application does not open!: Hello, After updating to V. 1809, an application in Excel opens at 5% of the time normally and when it is not, only a blank page is displayed. I enclose some screens where the position from where I start the Excel application is indicated. Thanks for every help. [img]...