Windows 10: Excel application does not open!

Discus and support Excel application does not open! in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hello, After updating to V. 1809, an application in Excel opens at 5% of the time normally and when it is not, only a blank page is displayed. I... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by alpha45, Nov 28, 2018.

1. alpha45 Win User

Excel application does not open!

Hello,

After updating to V. 1809, an application in Excel opens at 5% of the time normally and when it is not, only a blank page is displayed.

I enclose some screens where the position from where I start the Excel application is indicated.

Thanks for every help.

Excel application does not open! [​IMG]

if starting from the link below is ok!

:)

alpha45, Nov 28, 2018
  2. dalchina Win User

CSV files used to open in Excel....not now!

Hi, you say Excel is installed. Does it run normally?

You can't find Excel in (an unspecified) list of applications. I don't know which list that is for sure.

For example, in the list related to:
    - rt click a file. Open With
    - this list:

- this list:

- some other list...

If Excel does not appear in the above, I suggest you repair your office installation.

Maybe the above gives you some ideas. Otherwise please post a screenshot of where you think you should see it but don't. Thanks.

dalchina, Nov 28, 2018
  3. FIles in Word, Excel and other programmes will not open from the explorer

Hi Brian,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and thanks for providing us an opportunity to assist you.

Please follow the steps.

Step 1:

Lets try to disable the DDE option following these steps:

• Click the File tab, and then click
      Options.
    • Click Advanced, and then click to clear the
      Ignore other applications that use Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE) check box in the
      General area.
    Click OK.

Step 2:

If the issue persists, uncheck the compatibility options by doing the following:

Right click on Excel (.exe) Properties > Compatibility > uncheck all the boxes

To access Excel (.exe), open the following location:

Windows 8 32bit: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14

Windows 8 64bit: C:\Program Files(x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14

For reference:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_programs/there-was-a-problem-sending-the-command-to-the/56ee1743-b476-43a5-9b00-169b8c6ef37a

Hope the suggestion is helpful. Reply for further assistance.

Joy Kemprai, Nov 28, 2018
  4. DaveM121 Win User

windows explorer opening an excel file.

Hi Dan, does Excel Open with a blank window instead of opening that file?

If so, follow these steps to perform a full repair of your Office installation . . .

Open Control Panel - Programs and Features

Click Microsoft Office in the list of installed applications

At the top, click 'Change'

On the resulting dialog, click 'Repair' - choose the Online Repair, it is a comprehensive fix

That should fix any issues with your Office Installation . . .

DaveM121, Nov 28, 2018
Thema:

1. Excel application does not open! - Similar Threads - Excel application does

2. Excel cannot open files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Excel cannot open files: I found in the last two to three days that XLSX files are not opening and i am getting the below mentioned message. Can you please help out Excel cannot open the file 'Salary working file Feb'19.xlsx' because the file format or file extension is not valid. Verify that the...
  3. Excel does not work

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Excel does not work: An error message "Excel stopped working" appears on my screen and the program unexpectedly closes. How can I solve this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excel-does-not-work/564bb44e-3394-4b27-bdc5-80bb60f194e8"
  4. Excel does not work

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Excel does not work: An error message "Excel stopped working" appears on my screen and the program unexpectedly closes. How can I solve this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excel-does-not-work/9c1a9dc4-a15e-42c2-84be-64387fe71c4d"
  5. Application will not open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Application will not open: I am having issues with a payroll program that i have installed on a friends computer for them. This program works perfectly fine on one of their computers that is running windows 10. I then installed the same version of the program on the computer my friend wanted the...
  6. Excel application does not open!

in Windows 10 News
    Excel application does not open!: Hello, After updating to V. 1809, an application in Excel opens at 5% of the time normally and when it is not, only a blank page is displayed. I enclose some screens where the position from where I start the Excel application is indicated. Thanks for every help. [img]...
  7. Application will not open

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Application will not open: Hello, Recently Microsoft has added an update to the system software. With the new update, there are now applications that do not want to open. Before the update the applications worked fine, opened accordingly and now does not want to open when clicked on twice (Double...
  8. Windows Mail app does not open Excel 2010 attachments

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Mail app does not open Excel 2010 attachments: If I try to open an Excel file from the Windows Mail app, Excel 2010 starts, as expected, but the file is not opened. No error message, just a new empty spreadsheet is opened. I can save the spreadsheet and open the file, which is a little awkward. Am I tainting Microsoft by...
  9. Windows Mail app does not open Excel 2010 attachments

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Mail app does not open Excel 2010 attachments: If I try to open an Excel file from the Windows Mail app, Excel 2010 starts, as expected, but the file is not opened. No error message, just a new empty spreadsheet is opened. I can save the spreadsheet and open the file, which is a little awkward. Am I tainting Microsoft by...
  10. Excel Icon on taskbar does not open file, only program

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel Icon on taskbar does not open file, only program: I've been running Windows 10 since last August, after upgrading from Win 8.1 on my Asus laptop. I use the taskbar (launchbar?) to start my favourite programs, such as Excel, and some 8-10 files are stacked on the icon so I can right-click the icon and select/open my desired...