Windows 10: Excel Attachments in Email Preview Show Older Data

Discus and support Excel Attachments in Email Preview Show Older Data in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have an automated process that updates data in Excel and sends it as an email attachment. When the viewer receives the attachment, the preview shows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JestTor, Jan 24, 2019.

1. JestTor Win User

Excel Attachments in Email Preview Show Older Data

I have an automated process that updates data in Excel and sends it as an email attachment. When the viewer receives the attachment, the preview shows data as of the Excel files first load (e.g. 11/23/18) instead of the latest information. In order to see the latest data in the file, they must clock on the Excel attachment to open it then "enable editing". Only then does it display the current info. How do I fix this so the preview shows the latest info?

:)

JestTor, Jan 24, 2019

2. Excel document attached to an email to be sent won't open

Hello Bennie,

We understand the inconvenience you're experiencing with opening Excel attachments to your email. For us to isolate and identify the issue better, kindly answer the following questions:

• What is the exact error messages when opening this Excel attachment?
    • Are you only experiencing this issue with Excel files?
    • What email client are you using?
    • Have you also tried sending the email to your own email account and see if you can view the attached files?

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Oct 10, 2019
  3. not able to attach excel file when reply emails

Dear Microsoft

I use Lumia 930, when I reply an email in my inbox and try to attach a file it shows only photo folder. And I can attach only pictures

I am not able to browse to documents folder and attach a word or excel file to reply email.

kindly suggest a suitable solution.

RuchirChandra, Oct 10, 2019
  4. Excel Attachments in Email Preview Show Older Data

email attachments

Hello Allan,

To attach a document file on an email, you can follow the step given below:

For Windows 10 Mobile:

• Launch to File Explorer app.
    • Press and hold the file that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select Outlook Mail on the suggested applications.

For Windows Phone 8.1:

• Download and install
      Files
      app.
    • Launch Files app.
    • Tap and hold the document that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select the Mail app on the suggested applications.

Feel free to post back if you have other queries.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

Excel Attachments in Email Preview Show Older Data

1. Excel Attachments in Email Preview Show Older Data - Similar Threads - Excel Attachments Email

2. cant i attach an excel file to an email windows11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant i attach an excel file to an email windows11: cant attach excel file to email https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-i-attach-an-excel-file-to-an-email-windows11/3755944e-c71c-429c-8119-a47d6844ebde
  3. cant i attach an excel file to an email windows11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant i attach an excel file to an email windows11: cant attach excel file to email https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-i-attach-an-excel-file-to-an-email-windows11/3755944e-c71c-429c-8119-a47d6844ebde
  4. my email shows no attachments

my email shows no attachments: When i open my email app on my lap top it doesnt show any attachments https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-email-shows-no-attachments/22138707-b370-4f29-a687-1cd4e9a77059
  5. Older emails are not showing in my inbox

Older emails are not showing in my inbox: In Microsoft 10 email, how do you keep all of your older emails in the in box? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/older-emails-are-not-showing-in-my-inbox/e2440fcb-c204-46b2-b801-a3ee1cab34bd
  6. Older emails not showing in Email history

Older emails not showing in Email history: My email history wasn't being displayed beyond a few months, and as of today it wasn't showing any more than a day old... I changed my setting to show "Anytime" email history (I have multiple accts), but it seems to have a capacity limit (?) thus the newest messages are not...
  7. Attaching Excel files to emails freezes the browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Attaching Excel files to emails freezes the browser: I have an issue with attaching Excel files to emails. The browser (and it is doesn’t matter which browser I am using) freezes when I attach this file type. Any help?...
  8. preview of pdf attachements in emails

in Windows 10 Customization
    preview of pdf attachements in emails: When attaching a pdf file to an email, I am getting a message "This file can't be previewed." In my preview pane. I used to be able to preview all email attachments before adding them. Other types of file (jpeg, exl, png, etc.) show in the preview pane but not pdf files. The...
  9. excel email attachments convert to PDF

in Microsoft Office and 365
    excel email attachments convert to PDF: Excel files received as excel files convert to PDF when downloaded or opening. I have tried right click and open with Excel and open in browser. Neither works. I have Windows 10 and Office 2003. I have a Comcast email address and an Office 365 email address. Help would...
  10. Excel Preview

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel Preview: Can anyone tell me how to Save As? I don't see the option when I have edited a spreadsheet. 6756