Windows 10: Excel beginner question

Discus and support Excel beginner question in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hi. I have something I want to do with my Excel, it's a bit more difficult but I split the problem into easier question For example, I like to record... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Tsw88, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Tsw88 Win User

Excel beginner question

Hi. I have something I want to do with my Excel, it's a bit more difficult but I split the problem into easier question

For example, I like to record my income and expenses from my two different bank accounts, so of course each bank account would have a single spreadsheet to record the transaction.

However, I'd also like to have a third spreadsheet to have an overview of the balance so that I'll have a quick reference of each account without having to get to each spreadsheet

I am doing this now, but I need to manually enter to update the new balance, is it possible that it's done automatically?

In fact, the only function I know about Excel is Sum=(...) Nothing else, very poor Excel knowledge.....

:)

Tsw88, Jul 1, 2019
  2. Tsw88 Win User

Excel beginner questions

Hi

I've made an Excel (In fact, Google Sheet) which is used to make a record of my cash income and expense

there are three columns - "Income" "Expense" as well as "Balance"
    , similar to most bank statement record.

I am a beginner and I am able to calculate the new "Balance" from the last "Balance" and the new "Income" (Plus) or "Expense" (Minus) i.e. =sum(last Balance + Income - Expense)

However, I want to make it more automatic, so that in the next row I can only put in either income or expense and then it will give out the new "Balance" at the last, instead of having to manually input the =sum into each Balance cell,

But how to ?

Do you understand my question? Thank you very much!

Tsw88, Jul 1, 2019
  3. PUM
    Pum Win User
    newbie in need of help

Well this is an excellent guide for OC beginners:
    A Beginner's Guide to Overclocking
    I suggest you read this and come back with questions to clarify anything necessary.

4. OrbitzXT Win User

Excel beginner question

Excel Drop Down Menu Question

I'm toying around with a project for work. We're trying to make an Excel spreadsheet that has a list of parts that employees would sort of use to build an order form. It's coming along nicely and works fairly well with the touch screen tablet we have, but I had a question. At the moment, when you highlight a cell that has a drop down list of choice, a small box with a down triangle appears in the bottom right. You click that, then the list of items appears. Is there anyway I can make it so that when you click the cell the drop down menu appears? This would make working with the spreadsheet on the tablet many times easier.

OrbitzXT, Jul 1, 2019
Thema:

Excel beginner question

1. Excel beginner question - Similar Threads - Excel beginner question

2. Excel question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Excel question: I am grouping people into categories, and want to show the percentage in each catgeory. I'd like the percentage to adjust as I move people into categories. I have targets for each category. Am I able to do this in Excel?...
  3. Simple Network: Beginner Question #2

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Simple Network: Beginner Question #2: I have a dual boot desktop AMD Ryzen 5 2400G with the Production partition being 20H2 Build 19042.906 and the second partition being Insider Preview Dev Build 21343. Then there are two laptops; one is an HP Laptop 17" i5 with Windows 10 Home and a Lenovo Ideapad 14" Flex 4...
  4. Simple Network: Beginner Question

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Simple Network: Beginner Question: Hello All: I am endeavoring to construct a simple network. I have three nodes: the router, my Windows computer, and a Linux computer. I have the router plugged into a cable modem. All I want to do is to occasionally transfer files between the two computers and have both...
  5. Microsoft to do - some beginner questions

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft to do - some beginner questions: I just imported my lists into microsoft to do and im wonder if im able to change the background / theme on desktop? I also miss the ability to drag tasks across lists and reposition task manually within lists. I can't seem to do this in Microsoft to do. submitted by...
  6. Excel beginner , want to create an invoicing solution

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel beginner , want to create an invoicing solution: Hi, I need to create an invoice for my clients, the invoice is like most commonly invoice we can find, with items like Dates, Name, Tel, Email, items purchased, sub-total, amount etc... All this values are to be input by me, of course. However, at the same time, I'd like to...
  7. Excel beginner , want to create an invoicing solution

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Excel beginner , want to create an invoicing solution: Hi, I need to create an invoice for my clients, the invoice is like most commonly invoice we can find, with items like Dates, Name, Tel, Email, items purchased, sub-total, amount etc... All this values are to be input by me, of course. However, at the same time, I'd like to...
  8. Excel beginner questions

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel beginner questions: Hi I've made an Excel (In fact, Google Sheet) which is used to make a record of my cash income and expense there are three columns - "Income" "Expense" as well as "Balance" , similar to most bank statement record. I am a beginner and I am able to calculate the new...
  9. Excel beginner questions

in Windows 10 Support
    Excel beginner questions: Hi I've made an Excel (In fact, Google Sheet) which is used to make a record of my cash income and expense there are three columns - "Income" "Expense" as well as "Balance" , similar to most bank statement record. I am a beginner and I am able to calculate the new...
  10. OneDrive Beginner Questions

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive Beginner Questions: Hi There, I'm finding all of the information a bit confusing re the use of OneDrive. I have started to use OneDrive with 1TB capacity as an off site back up of my files, the Outlook ones being quite large, the rest not so much. I have several local daily/weekly backups. I...