Windows 10: excel conditional formating

Discus and support excel conditional formating in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hi to all,,, I am using excel 2016 and I have a 2 rows of data of which the top row consists of W or L and the row underneath consists of numbers that... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by donnylad, Nov 28, 2018.

1. donnylad Win User

excel conditional formating

Hi to all,,, I am using excel 2016 and I have a 2 rows of data of which the top row consists of W or L and the row underneath consists of numbers that can be a number from 1 to 8.
    If the top cell is an L and the cell below is >6 I want the selected cell to be formatted with a red fill.
    I can do it on just one cell with this formula: =AND(IF($a$1="L",1),IF($a$2>6,1)) which works just fine but I have a lot to do on 2 sheets which will take forever, can someone please tell me a formula that lets me select a full row to check the row below and only formats the cells that have L above and >6 below.

Len

:)

donnylad, Nov 28, 2018

2. Excel Conditional formatting question.

If I wanted to make a conditional formatting rule that would select all cells in a column [I2-I65] with a formula generated value less than 0.9 and greater than 1.1, ignoring all empty cells, what formula would I use?

Thanks.

FuturDreamz, Nov 28, 2018
  3. format cells in excel

Hi Coolrunnings63,

It appears that we currently do not have the ability to undo formatting in the mobile version of Excel 2013. I believe this is a definite candidate for the

Windows Phone Suggestion Box
    . The only exception is if you tap Undo in the ellipse menu (...) after adding the formatting.

As a possible workaround, I'd suggest saving the file to your SkyDrive account, then logging into your free SkyDrive account using a web browser and use the free web-based Excel to remove the formatting.

I hope this helps!

David

David Scammell, Nov 28, 2018
  4. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Nov 28, 2018
Thema:

1. excel conditional formating - Similar Threads - excel conditional formating

2. Text disappearing when conditional format applied?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Text disappearing when conditional format applied?: Just set up conditional formatting to change colour on a cell depending on input of a different cell. This happens but where there is data in the original cell it disappears? Can anyone help me on how I stop this happening please...
  3. Conditional formatting problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Conditional formatting problem: I need conditional formatting to compare 2 lists of numbers with the goal of formatting numbers not in the second list. The first list has 300 numbers; the second list has 2000 numbers. Here is a formula I've tried unsuccessfully. It formats all 300 numbers in the first list...
  4. Conditional formatting problem

Conditional formatting problem: I need conditional formatting to compare 2 lists of numbers with the goal of formatting numbers not in the second list. The first list has 300 numbers; the second list has 2000 numbers. Here is a formula I've tried unsuccessfully. It formats all 300 numbers in the first list...
  5. Conditional Formatting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Conditional Formatting: Hello!I am trying to use excel to highlight a revised ship date. I have a column of estimated ship dates and revised ship dates. The estimated ship dates can range from any date in the week ie 5/16, 5/17 etc The revised ship date is changed manually. How can I format excel so...
  6. Conditional Formatting

Conditional Formatting: Hello!I am trying to use excel to highlight a revised ship date. I have a column of estimated ship dates and revised ship dates. The estimated ship dates can range from any date in the week ie 5/16, 5/17 etc The revised ship date is changed manually. How can I format excel so...
  7. Conditional format not automatically updating - Follow on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Conditional format not automatically updating - Follow on: I previously asked this question but all answers proved unsuccessful. I can now post the solution, in case it helps anyone. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/conditional-format-not-automatically-updating/4de58717-6479-4428-b511-f996396fa3db
  8. Excel 365 - Conditional Formatting - disappearing Text / Lines.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Excel 365 - Conditional Formatting - disappearing Text / Lines.: Just purchased office 365. Had 2007/2013 previous and no problems with the following; Conditional formatting - for turning text on / off and or lines on/off - based on conditions. If I scroll the mouse / display up or down or open and close a column or choose a drop down;...
  9. Conditional formating

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Conditional formating: Hi all ,,,,again. I am using excel 2016 and have two rows of data thus,, WLWLWWLLLWL 76897665949 What I want is if the top cell is an L and the cell immediately below it is more than 8, how do I do it to change the top cell to a red fill?. PLease. Len 125425
  10. Excel Conditional formatting question.

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel Conditional formatting question.: If I wanted to make a conditional formatting rule that would select all cells in a column [I2-I65] with a formula generated value less than 0.9 and greater than 1.1, ignoring all empty cells, what formula would I use? Thanks. 83089