Windows 10: Excel crashes when clicking on a external Hyperlink

Discus and support Excel crashes when clicking on a external Hyperlink in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hello - I have one computer on build 17763.475 version 1809, the rest are version 17763.437. On this particular computer whenever you click on an... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by desperate, May 24, 2019.

1. desperate Win User

Excel crashes when clicking on a external Hyperlink

Hello - I have one computer on build 17763.475 version 1809, the rest are version 17763.437. On this particular computer whenever you click on an external hyperlink, excel closes. I have read several forums where it says to remove the "god-mode" folder, but I don't see anywhere on this computer that there is a "god-mode" folder created. I have also uninstalled, reinstalled Office. Opened Excel in safe mode. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. The only thing different on this computer compared to other 50 some that hyperlinks works on, is this is the only one on 14463.475.

I appreciate any help!!

:)

desperate, May 24, 2019
  2. T WAYNE Win User

Hyperlink in excel

Please help. I use hyperlink in excel but find that the hyperlink does not work on my windows HTC Touch mobile. What can i do?

T WAYNE, May 24, 2019
  3. Hyperlink in excel

I don't think hyperlinks are supported in the mobile version of Excel. You could try using a alternative spreadsheet application that provides more functionality.
    Softmaker's PlanMaker 2008 might allow you to do this, but I don't think it is compatible with Excel 2007 (if that's an issue for you).

Julie fka profjulie, May 24, 2019
  4. Excel crashes when clicking on a external Hyperlink

Windows 10 Pro hyperlink problem.

Hi,

For us to provide you the right solution to address your concern properly, kindly provide us with the following information:

• Does it also happen when clicking on a hyperlink through web Skype app?
    • Does the issue occur when clicking a hyperlink on a certain website?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

As for the initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you try to download the latest version of Windows 10 through this

link
    and see this error will be resolved.

We look forward to your response.

Engelsen Fad, May 24, 2019
Thema:

Excel crashes when clicking on a external Hyperlink

1. Excel crashes when clicking on a external Hyperlink - Similar Threads - Excel crashes clicking

2. Outlook - can't click on hyperlinks?

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook - can't click on hyperlinks?: Windows 10 home, laptop. In Outlook things have always worked FINE... Open mail, read mail, delete mail, normal mail stuff. When necessary, click Unsubscribe link in an email and follow it. This afternoon, suddenly, can't follow links. Outlook throws up a popup that says:...
  3. Hyperlinks not working when clicking on Outlook 2016 message

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Hyperlinks not working when clicking on Outlook 2016 message: Hello, I know this is a common issue. Would someone please help with the reg edit instructions or other solutions for this problem? Thank you so much. I downloaded a firmware update for my Brother printer today and an Abode reader update. After restarting, when I click on a...
  4. Follow Hyperlink in Excel 2010

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Follow Hyperlink in Excel 2010: I am using W10 fully updated and Office 2010 64 bit and Chrome is my default browser (It makes no difference if I default to IE, Edge or Firefox) I have some code in my worksheet as follows: Dim filename Sub test() filename = ThisWorkbook.Path & "\Settings\Bing Maps.html"...
  5. How to disable the contr+click to follow hyperlinks?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable the contr+click to follow hyperlinks?: It is really hard to press control and click when I want to follow the link. I’ve used my PC for 5 years and have never met such issue. It had been so easy before I installed Windows 10. How can I turn off this time consuming function?...
  6. clicking hyperlinks in Windows 10 mail

in Browsers and Email
    clicking hyperlinks in Windows 10 mail: when I receive mail with a hyperlink in it and I click on it, nothing happens. I have set up .htm and .html files to open in Chrome.. every once in awhile when I click on a link it will open up, but in most emails from most senders, I can not. Can anyone help? Thanks 87207
  7. MS Ofice 2016 crash when inserting hyperlink

in Microsoft Office and 365
    MS Ofice 2016 crash when inserting hyperlink: User @Zardoc posted warning about puting GodMode (access to all Control panel items) shortcut to specific folders, as it will make Office apps crash when inserting hyperlink. I've confirmed this behavior, as have had exactly the same problem on one computer. Word crashed...
  8. Nothing happens when I click Hyperlinks from Apps

in Windows 10 Support
    Nothing happens when I click Hyperlinks from Apps: Tried both Edge and Chrome browsers as default. Hyperlinks work properly from progs, as they should, but nothing happens when I try to click on links from Apps. Seems like the new start menu has some hyperlinks and nothing happens when I click them: [img] Red boxes...
  9. Explorer.exe crash when right click->New

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer.exe crash when right click->New: Hi, I have a windows 10 computer which crashes when I right click and open the "new" submenu. I already tried to : - disable all non microsoft shell extension with ShellExView - try in safe mode (same issue) - run sfc /scannow and dism repair I found out that if I...
  10. Explorer.exe crashes when plugging external ssd

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer.exe crashes when plugging external ssd: Hello I have a Samsung T3 that worked fine on this pc. I use it for school, I've used it on a few systems. I've googled a lot for this but can't find a proper answer, but feel free to relist the answers since it might help me if I try it again. But recently when I...