Windows 10: Excel desktop icon with white X in left hand corner

Discus and support Excel desktop icon with white X in left hand corner in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there, I have an Excel file on my desktop which now has a white X in the left hand corner. Can't open it either - any help out there? Thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LesleyK_240, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Excel desktop icon with white X in left hand corner

Hi there,

I have an Excel file on my desktop which now has a white X in the left hand corner.

Can't open it either - any help out there?

Thanks in advance.

:)

LesleyK_240, Jul 15, 2020

2. Erroneous symbols at the bottom left corner of desktop icons

I'm running Windows 10 with the latest updates. A few days ago, the icons for objects on the desktop changed appearance. The icons are correct but
    all have a symbol at the bottom left corner:

• Shortcuts show the correct shortcut symbol
    • All files erroneously show a shortcut symbol
    • Almost all folders erroneously show a shortcut symbol
    • Some folders erroneously show "X"

The icons for files and folders (including the Desktop folder) displayed using File Explorer are all normal.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

KenSympson, Jul 15, 2020
  3. Windows icon in left hand corner not working

Hi

The Windows icon in the left hand corner and the time/date calendar isn't working.

Is there an easy way to fix this?

CatherineP2, Jul 15, 2020
  4. Excel desktop icon with white X in left hand corner

windows icon in the lower left hand corner it will not bring up the icons

When I click on the windows icon in the lower left hand corner it will not bring up the icons

TerryJones1946, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

Excel desktop icon with white X in left hand corner

1. Excel desktop icon with white X in left hand corner - Similar Threads - Excel desktop icon

2. X icons in the botton left corner of the desktop icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    X icons in the botton left corner of the desktop icons: I just updated my laptop BIOS and every icon has a green tick or red x in the bottom left, all the apps work exactly as they should no matter the tick. Any ideas how I should be able to make them disappear?...
  3. X icons in the botton left corner of the desktop icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    X icons in the botton left corner of the desktop icons: I just updated my laptop BIOS and every icon has a green tick or red x in the bottom left, all the apps work exactly as they should no matter the tick. Any ideas how I should be able to make them disappear?...
  4. Windows 10 - Every icon on desktop reset to upper left hand corner when change personalize...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 - Every icon on desktop reset to upper left hand corner when change personalize...: All my meticulously arranged icons reset to the upper left corner of the screen at various times. Randomly on restart maybe one out of 6 times and I've also found I can reproduce the error every time by going into "personalize"->"themes"->"desktop icon settings" and...
  5. x in corner of desktop icon

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    x in corner of desktop icon: Normal there's an arrow in the bottom left corner of the icons for the applications pinned to the desktop. I've now notice that a select few now have a grey x in that spot. what is this supposed to mean? submitted by /u/Dovinjun [link] [comments]...
  6. White box in upper left hand corner of desktop.

White box in upper left hand corner of desktop.: Hi, I recently purchased a new Dell laptop for my kid and put some Microsoft Family time limits on it. My son has kept on coming to me and showing me a white bar at the top left corner of the desktop. The bar will hide all of the apps until clicked on twice. One clicked on,...
  7. Excel icon with white X in right hand corner

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Excel icon with white X in right hand corner: Hi there, I have an Excel file on my desktop which now has a white X in the right hand corner. Can't open it either - any help out there? Thanks in advance....
  8. Desktop icons w/white dot at lower left corner...

Desktop icons w/white dot at lower left corner...: Just curious about what settings causes this. Just started in January. Running 1909, patches/updates up-to-date. Most, but not all, icons have this. Laptop runs fine, no hitches or issues, just wondering what this is about. Regards, DD [ATTACH]...
  9. icons have 2people in lower left corner in white box

icons have 2people in lower left corner in white box: Help....where did these white sharing squares on my icon come from and how do I get them off my icons? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-have-2people-in-lower-left-corner-in-white/bd389cab-c443-4dc8-a15d-7e59ef637a21
  10. "Muted sound" icon stuck on lower left-hand corner of desktop in Windows 10 Pro, cannot...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Muted sound" icon stuck on lower left-hand corner of desktop in Windows 10 Pro, cannot...: I think I put everything in the title. This is a translucent icon about 1 1/4" square. When i first started clicking on it a got a box that mentioned "Link", as if it were some kind of link. I got a properties detailed display too, but I couldn't understand it. Now,...