Windows 10: Excel file is not auto-syncing on OneDrive

Discus and support Excel file is not auto-syncing on OneDrive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have an Excel file I always use to track my budget. It used to always auto-sync with OneDrive, but now it won't. I have to save it manually every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ricky MacDonald, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Excel file is not auto-syncing on OneDrive

I have an Excel file I always use to track my budget. It used to always auto-sync with OneDrive, but now it won't. I have to save it manually every time. Does anyone know a fix?

Office Professional Plus 2016

Windows 10 Home

OneDrive version 2018

:)

Ricky MacDonald, Nov 25, 2018
  2. Alden Rey Win User

excel not auto recovering and manually saving

Hi,

The concern you have encountered with Excel not auto saving may be due to a corrupted file or a misconfigured setting.

May we ask if you have 3rd party software running when using Excel? If yes, we suggest to temporarily disable it to isolate the issue.

Any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?

Have you tried any possible troubleshooting steps? If yes, what are those steps and did you get any error messages?

You can turn-on the auto save option by the following steps:

• Open Excel
    • Go to File then Options
    • Under Save option, check the 'Save AutoRecovery information in every' option
    the best way to check when auto save is disabled is to hover over the toggle and read the reason that the popup tool tip identifies. Simply follow the steps provided in this

article

According to this
    article
    the autosave function will be disabled when the file is in the old file format .xls.

Kindly keep us posted with the results.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Nov 25, 2018
  3. P4-630 Win User
    OneDrive Placeholders are coming back, now called On-Demand Sync

Excel file is not auto-syncing on OneDrive [​IMG]

"At Ignite 2016, Microsoft has just announced that it is bringing Placeholders back to OneDrive on Windows 10. Now, they are not called Placeholders anymore — Microsoft is renaming the feature to “On-Demand Sync” which makes a lot more sense than “Placeholders”.

The company demoed this feature at Microsoft Ignite today, and it works just like it used to previously. As you can see in the screenshot above, the files stored in OneDrive weighed in around 9GB, but the actual size on disk was only around 3MB which is really neat. Of course, this feature isn’t anything new as it was available back in the Windows 8 days. However, Microsoft removed the feature with Windows 10, and after lots of waiting, they are finally coming back.

In case you are not familiar with OneDrive Placeholders, it’s a pretty neat feature which lets you see all of your OneDrive files on your computer — but they are not actually downloaded on your PC. When you open them, OneDrive will download the files on-demand, saving your local space which is really useful, especially if you have a PC that doesn’t have a lot of storage.

While Microsoft didn’t announce when exactly On-Demand Sync will be available to OneDrive users, we suspect it will be available with Windows 10 Redstone 2 — which is expected to arrive early next year.
    "

https://mspoweruser.com/onedrive-placeholders-coming-back-now-called-demand-sync/

P4-630, Nov 25, 2018
  4. DavidPare Win User

Excel file is not auto-syncing on OneDrive

Nokia Lumia 520 auto syncing not working

OneDrive on my Nokia 520 is not auto syncing my photos from Camera Roll. I have gone through all the steps repeatedly. It seems I can only manually upload 1 picture at a time. Any suggestions?

DavidPare, Nov 25, 2018
Thema:

Excel file is not auto-syncing on OneDrive

1. Excel file is not auto-syncing on OneDrive - Similar Threads - Excel file auto

2. Stop Auto Sync my OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop Auto Sync my OneDrive: am using Window 11 and would like to stop auto sync the Onedrive, please tell me how this could be done https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-auto-sync-my-onedrive/2eed2797-534c-43ff-b80f-6ce6917053cf
  3. Stop Auto Sync my OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop Auto Sync my OneDrive: am using Window 11 and would like to stop auto sync the Onedrive, please tell me how this could be done https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-auto-sync-my-onedrive/2eed2797-534c-43ff-b80f-6ce6917053cf
  4. Syncing Files/Folder with OneDrive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Syncing Files/Folder with OneDrive: Reinstalled Windows 10 on laptop. Have all my files/folders backup on OneDrive. My Pictures folder is 79Gb. Is it going to take a long time to sync my Pictures folder back to my Laptop I like a copy on my laptop as well as on OneDrive as I only have 65mb internet speed....
  5. OneDrive Syncing Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Syncing Files: Hi all, I am wondering if there is a way to stop a group of files for a game from syncing and taking up space on my onedrive without just pausing it. The problem I have with pausing is that some of the files after their initial download are immediately putting some of...
  6. OneDrive local files are not syncing to OneDrive

OneDrive local files are not syncing to OneDrive: Hi, I searched the forum and other websites and could not find a solution. All the files I add to my sync folders are never synced uploaded to onedrive, but the taskbar icon says it is up to date. I try to end the application process, unlink/re-link onedrive,...
  7. OneDrive is not syncing files

OneDrive is not syncing files: Hi I am using a Toshiba Laptop running Windows 7, and an HP Eliteone 800 G3 All-in-one PC running Windows 10. I can see files in OneDrive on both the Laptop and the PC, however they are not the same files (there are more on the PC view than on the laptop view). Of those...
  8. onedrive file syncing

onedrive file syncing: i am unbale to select the folders that can be synced to me onedrive on my PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-file-syncing/f968e02e-90f5-4ae7-9b87-135de880fbac"
  9. Files not syncing to OneDrive

Files not syncing to OneDrive: I have recently run into some issues with my files that I edit on my Mac not syncing to my computer and overdrive.com account properly. I have chatted with Microsoft agents, let them remote control my computer, and still no help! The last agent even started a new OneDrive...
  10. Files can't be synced with OneDrive

Files can't be synced with OneDrive: Hello, I've used Boxcryptor and Microsoft's OneDrive for several years without seeing this message from OneDrive on my Windows 10 (latest OS & updates, and latest OneDrive and Boxcryptor) desktop (new computer). The new computer uses an SSD drive rather than a traditional...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my excel on one drive wont sync with excel on my laptop

2. onedrive excel sync

3. onedrive not syncing with excel

4. excel file not syncing with onedrive,
  5. how to sync excel with onedrive,
  6. Does excel in office 2007 sync witl one drive,
  7. excel not syncing with onedrive,
  8. upload and sync excel to onedrive,
  9. Excel Files dont sync to oneDrive,
  10. excel file synched with onedrive shows saving at the top,
  11. excel file on one drive wont sync,