Excel file text formatting completely changed after 7/10/2108 update

Discus and support Excel file text formatting completely changed after 7/10/2108 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Opened some years-old .xls personal files that I use and update on almost a daily basis just now, and was dismayed to see everything about the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GaryFuller1, Jul 11, 2018.

1. GaryFuller1 Win User

Opened some years-old .xls personal files that I use and update on almost a daily basis just now, and was dismayed to see everything about the displayed text and column formatting had changed completely...even the font on the worksheet title tabs.

Is there a good way to recover these files so I don't have to spend hours reformatting each of the 20+ linked worksheets?

Thx!

:)

GaryFuller1, Jul 11, 2018
  2. kikicoco1334 Win User

Text -> web based format.

Hey guys I’ve got a problem.

I am trying to import a text file into a web based format. Is there anyways of doing it automatically?

Pretty much pulling the data from this auto-updated text file (that’s in the intranet) and put it into a web based format, and highlight the value that’s over let’s set a random number 80/100.

Is this going to be easier to have it ran though Excel first and then pulling it that way or is there an easier way of doing it with HTML?

Thanks guys.

kikicoco1334, Jul 11, 2018
  3. KarenSummey Win User
    Excel files change to pdf on receipt

Hi, MK Sudharshan.

I am having this same issue. I have a new Dell desktop (spring 2017) loaded with Windows 10 and Office 365 (2016). At first, I could send an Excel file through email between home and work and the Excel file changed itself to a pdf document without my intervention.
    I could not open the file nor convert it back to Excel. I got an email that something happened to the file because it was emailed.

Yesterday, I connected with my office through a VPN to work with an Excel file I had stored at work. When I tried to access the file, it showed up on my screen as a PDF document. I couldn't open it. When I returned to work this morning, I accessed the same
    file - in its original Excel format. I do not understand why it shows up as a PDF document on my Windows 10 machine at home, and as the original Excel format at work (where the campus uses Windows 7 Enterprise).

HELP! This is seriously hindering my ability to work with my work files at home.

Thanks,

Karen

KarenSummey, Jul 11, 2018
  4. GUILLERMOGONZALEZ2 Win User

Text File Cannot Open With Excel

Hello,

I recently purchased a new computer with windows 10 home OS and installed the 2010 office software, however, I cant open any excel text files, I dont have any trouble opening excel, it only gives me the error when I saved the excel file as TXT and try to
    open it. The message I get is "This app can't run on your PC". Could it be that office 2010 is not completely compatible with windows 10? Any suggestions will be a great help, thank you!

GUILLERMOGONZALEZ2, Jul 11, 2018
Thema:

1. Excel file text formatting completely changed after 7/10/2108 update - Similar Threads - Excel file text

2. Microsoft Word and Excel 2010 files disappeared

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Word and Excel 2010 files disappeared: I unintentionally uninstalled Windows 10 yesterday by restoring Windows 7. I immediately reinstalled Windows 10 but now my Microsoft Word and Excel 2010 shortcuts don't allow me access and say they are not installed and I can't find where I can get them back....
  3. Excel password protected files saved in Windows 7 won't work after upgrade to Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Excel password protected files saved in Windows 7 won't work after upgrade to Windows 10.: When Opening excel password protected files saved under win 7 with win 10 as the administrator: You do not have permission to open this file. Contact the file owner or administrator to obtain permission. Copy file as administrator: file access denied you'll need to...
  4. Latest update crashes Office (Excel) files.

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Latest update crashes Office (Excel) files.: Hi, This morning I realised Win 10 updated itself overnight. In doing so it has caused serious problems with my old trustworthy Office XP. I can't open any files or enter any data as all files crash. I have uninstalled and re-installed (with restarts) twice but it doesn't fix...
  5. Can't unpin excel jump list file from the start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't unpin excel jump list file from the start menu: There's nothing there that links those shortcuts to the jumplist for the app that opens them, that the job of the files in the AutomaticDestinations folder. So what is the purpose of the recent items folder? Where are those shortcut files, folders used?
  6. Excel not opennig xls files quickly while Corel Photo-Paint is running

Excel not opennig xls files quickly while Corel Photo-Paint is running: Whenever I have Corel Photo Paint X8 running, Microsoft Excel 2016 takes a very long time to open when I double click on an xls file; but it will open eventually. If I close Corel Photo Paint while waiting, Excel opens immediately. This does not apply for xlsx files (as...
  7. Excel 2010 Opening Files in Single Instance after a Recent Update

Excel 2010 Opening Files in Single Instance after a Recent Update: After a recent update to Excel 2010 (that came after upgrading Windows 10 Creators Edition) when clicking on more than one Excel file they all open in the same window (instance) of Excel. Before this update the files would open in separate instances. By opening in a single...
  8. How to make Excel 2016 the default app to open xls and xlsx data files

How to make Excel 2016 the default app to open xls and xlsx data files: I know how I'm supposed to do it, SETTINGS==>DEFAULT APPS==>CHOOSE THE DEFAULT APP BY FILE TYPE, but Excel 2016 is not an option. Instead, it tries to send me to the App Store. I think I have tried everything except reinstalling Office. 63196
  9. Excel changes the owner of file during save

Excel changes the owner of file during save: When Excel saves my workbook file, it changes the NTFS ownership of the file to the user account that is using Excel. I need it to allow the data to be changed within the workbook, but not change the file's ownership. Any ideas? Windows 10 Pro ... clean recent install ......
  10. CSV files used to open in Excel....not now!

CSV files used to open in Excel....not now!: For a long time I have kept detailed records from my phone provider personal analysis to ensure being on the correct package Throughout the csv files from the company downloaded have opened by default in Excel 2007 Home and Student, but suddenly they open in Notepad. I do not...