Windows 10: Excel file text formatting completely changed after 7/10/2108 update

Discus and support Excel file text formatting completely changed after 7/10/2108 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Opened some years-old .xls personal files that I use and update on almost a daily basis just now, and was dismayed to see everything about the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GaryFuller1, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Excel file text formatting completely changed after 7/10/2108 update

Opened some years-old .xls personal files that I use and update on almost a daily basis just now, and was dismayed to see everything about the displayed text and column formatting had changed completely...even the font on the worksheet title tabs.

Is there a good way to recover these files so I don't have to spend hours reformatting each of the 20+ linked worksheets?

Thx!

:)

GaryFuller1, Jul 11, 2018

2. Text -> web based format.

Hey guys I’ve got a problem.

I am trying to import a text file into a web based format. Is there anyways of doing it automatically?

Pretty much pulling the data from this auto-updated text file (that’s in the intranet) and put it into a web based format, and highlight the value that’s over let’s set a random number 80/100.

Is this going to be easier to have it ran though Excel first and then pulling it that way or is there an easier way of doing it with HTML?

Thanks guys.

kikicoco1334, Jul 11, 2018
  3. Excel files change to pdf on receipt

Hi, MK Sudharshan.

I am having this same issue. I have a new Dell desktop (spring 2017) loaded with Windows 10 and Office 365 (2016). At first, I could send an Excel file through email between home and work and the Excel file changed itself to a pdf document without my intervention.
    I could not open the file nor convert it back to Excel. I got an email that something happened to the file because it was emailed.

Yesterday, I connected with my office through a VPN to work with an Excel file I had stored at work. When I tried to access the file, it showed up on my screen as a PDF document. I couldn't open it. When I returned to work this morning, I accessed the same
    file - in its original Excel format. I do not understand why it shows up as a PDF document on my Windows 10 machine at home, and as the original Excel format at work (where the campus uses Windows 7 Enterprise).

HELP! This is seriously hindering my ability to work with my work files at home.

Thanks,

Karen

KarenSummey, Jul 11, 2018
  4. Excel file text formatting completely changed after 7/10/2108 update

Text File Cannot Open With Excel

Hello,

I recently purchased a new computer with windows 10 home OS and installed the 2010 office software, however, I cant open any excel text files, I dont have any trouble opening excel, it only gives me the error when I saved the excel file as TXT and try to
    open it. The message I get is "This app can't run on your PC". Could it be that office 2010 is not completely compatible with windows 10? Any suggestions will be a great help, thank you!

GUILLERMOGONZALEZ2, Jul 11, 2018
Thema:

Excel file text formatting completely changed after 7/10/2108 update

1. Excel file text formatting completely changed after 7/10/2108 update - Similar Threads - Excel file text

2. My Windows Format is Completely Changed

in Windows 10 Support
    My Windows Format is Completely Changed: My Windows Version is 1903, Build 18362.535. I just updated Chrome this morning and when the screen came back up it looked like the screen shot I will attempt to attach if I can do it. Everything is rearranged-nothing looks like it use to. I don't even know how to explain...
  3. changing a file format

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    changing a file format: I am trying to change an email file into a different file format so I am able to upload it to a company https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-a-file-format/54867f08-bcaa-419b-aada-2c6b5e3a26d7"
  4. File Explorer format changes after updates of Windows 10

File Explorer format changes after updates of Windows 10: It is happened again. The last update changed my File Explorer format to group by day, week etc. I just want to have it sort alphabetically. I tried the solution given last August 2019 but it no longer works. I would really appreciate the help on this. Thanks....
  5. Excel 365 - Conditional Formatting - disappearing Text / Lines.

Excel 365 - Conditional Formatting - disappearing Text / Lines.: Just purchased office 365. Had 2007/2013 previous and no problems with the following; Conditional formatting - for turning text on / off and or lines on/off - based on conditions. If I scroll the mouse / display up or down or open and close a column or choose a drop down;...
  6. File Format Change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Format Change: Hi, My all File format suddenly change with "Assignments1.xlsx.DATAWAIT" DATAWAIT Format, how I can resolve this issue. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-format-change/5837546c-3714-4139-9b55-7b5c565aea1d
  7. change text format by default

in Windows 10 Support
    change text format by default: Hi Guys, I have W10 and I use MS WORKS as my word processor and I want to default font to my choice. Can anyone tell me how to do this please. 121226
  8. 9-10-2108

in Windows 10 Customization
    9-10-2108: Windows10 will not open my settings! I have clicked on settings on the right bottom screen, went to settings in the control panel. Will not let me update anywhere! The little icon on the bottom right screen says device is missing important updates. Click on it and click on...
  9. changing file format

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    changing file format: how do you change txt file to pdf? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/changing-file-format/fb57ff45-456a-4307-bb4e-1e8d1c1eb605
  10. After a update windows 10 has completly changed

in Windows 10 Support
    After a update windows 10 has completly changed: After a update on my moms pc everything on layout has changed she dont have desktop anymore it looks more like a phone. You can pin apps and folders to the right side of screen got a picture on how its looks like. I dont understand anything its like a new OS. Imgur: The...