Windows 10: Excel file will not open

Discus and support Excel file will not open in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I tried to save me excel file but it seems it was saved in another format and now I can't open it in excel. When I try to open it, a window pops up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ENH89, Sep 9, 2021.

1. ENH89 Win User

Excel file will not open

Hi, I tried to save me excel file but it seems it was saved in another format and now I can't open it in excel. When I try to open it, a window pops up saying "how do you want to open this file?". Excel is not one of the options

:)

ENH89, Sep 9, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

CSV files used to open in Excel....not now!

Hi, you say Excel is installed. Does it run normally?

You can't find Excel in (an unspecified) list of applications. I don't know which list that is for sure.

For example, in the list related to:
    - rt click a file. Open With
    - this list:

Excel file will not open [​IMG]

- this list:

Excel file will not open [​IMG]

- some other list...

If Excel does not appear in the above, I suggest you repair your office installation.

Maybe the above gives you some ideas. Otherwise please post a screenshot of where you think you should see it but don't. Thanks.

dalchina, Sep 9, 2021
  3. I cannot open any of my Office files; Word, Excel, Powerpoint

You can open old Office files with these settings | PCWorld

Maybe the steps here will let you open your old office files?

sdowney717, Sep 9, 2021
  4. emmykiss Win User

Excel file will not open

I cannot open any of my Office files; Word, Excel, Powerpoint

I am working in Windows 10 home version 1909.
    Can not afford an upgrade.
    My Office files are old, dont know what version.
    Cant remember how I updated this laptop to Windows 10 months ago.
    PROBLEM:
    I can not open any of my Office files; Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
    I looked for my Windows old file as suggested, and it IS gone.
    Haveing a small breakdown, will step away and return in a few...ANY DIRECTIONS AND ANSWERS WOULD BE GREAT!!!!!! PLEASE WRITE THEM IN STEP BY STEP FORMAT. Thankyooouuuuuuuu!

emmykiss, Sep 9, 2021
Thema:

Excel file will not open

1. Excel file will not open - Similar Threads - Excel file open

2. Unable to open excel file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to open excel file: Excel file is on Taskbar but doe not open or restore. I have scanned there is no malaware I have also done sfc scan, there are no corruptions. Have also repaired. Still am unable to open/ restore the file...
  3. Excel Files Not Opening In DropBox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Excel Files Not Opening In DropBox: I know that other answers are out there, but what worked for me was to activate the Dropbox App and make sure that it's enabled in the Startup Manager. As soon as I manually activated the Dropbox App on my computer all of the files in Dropbox that wouldn't open now open...
  4. Excel Files Not Opening In DropBox

Excel Files Not Opening In DropBox: I know that other answers are out there, but what worked for me was to activate the Dropbox App and make sure that it's enabled in the Startup Manager. As soon as I manually activated the Dropbox App on my computer all of the files in Dropbox that wouldn't open now open...
  5. Excel files opening in chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Excel files opening in chrome: EXCEL files saved in SHARED SERVER open in Chrome by default. When I try to select what they should open in, EXCEL is not listed as an option. HOWEVER, EXCEL files saved in PC Open to EXCEL Correctly and listed as EXCEL files as well.Why are the Shared server EXCEL files...
  6. Excel files opening in chrome

Excel files opening in chrome: EXCEL files saved in SHARED SERVER open in Chrome by default. When I try to select what they should open in, EXCEL is not listed as an option. HOWEVER, EXCEL files saved in PC Open to EXCEL Correctly and listed as EXCEL files as well.Why are the Shared server EXCEL files...
  7. Cannot open an Excel file

Cannot open an Excel file: I have a problem opening just one odd excel file. this is a .xlsx file, and I am using Office 2013. Office program fully up to date. I have tried all the amateur workarounds (I have limited computer know how) inc office has been repaired. On opening the file, there is a...
  8. Can't open excel files

Can't open excel files: I cannot open excel files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-excel-files/3ca7d701-37cb-4496-8b40-00b2f602ea9e
  9. Unable to open Excel file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to open Excel file: Win 10 Home, Msft. Edge. Office 2019. Attempt to open a saved file I use weekly, receive message, Access Denied, contact administrator. This is my home computer and have no administrator. How do I fix this? Thank You....
  10. Excel cannot open files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Excel cannot open files: I found in the last two to three days that XLSX files are not opening and i am getting the below mentioned message. Can you please help out Excel cannot open the file 'Salary working file Feb'19.xlsx' because the file format or file extension is not valid. Verify that the...