Windows 10: excel files won't save.

Discus and support excel files won't save. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I can open an excel file but when I save, it can't access the folder.[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by EricThomas5, Sep 19, 2018.

1. excel files won't save.

I can open an excel file but when I save, it can't access the folder. excel files won't save. 98ecdae2-266f-4419-9ef6-f9d60b1700d1?upload=true.jpg excel files won't save. 2f44ac70-6a43-4622-b1c4-c7fc36b85e6e?upload=true.jpg excel files won't save. 4dcafffb-6730-4505-a00a-b333450a64ac?upload=true.jpg

:)

EricThomas5, Sep 19, 2018
  2. Alden Rey Win User

excel not auto recovering and manually saving

Hi,

The concern you have encountered with Excel not auto saving may be due to a corrupted file or a misconfigured setting.

May we ask if you have 3rd party software running when using Excel? If yes, we suggest to temporarily disable it to isolate the issue.

Any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?

Have you tried any possible troubleshooting steps? If yes, what are those steps and did you get any error messages?

You can turn-on the auto save option by the following steps:

• Open Excel
    • Go to File then Options
    • Under Save option, check the 'Save AutoRecovery information in every' option
    the best way to check when auto save is disabled is to hover over the toggle and read the reason that the popup tool tip identifies. Simply follow the steps provided in this

article

According to this
    article
    the autosave function will be disabled when the file is in the old file format .xls.

Kindly keep us posted with the results.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Sep 19, 2018
  3. Excel file

Hi zhiyang....,

I'm assuming that since you're using Excel 2011, that you have a Mac. Have you tried saving the file in the default 2011 format of XLSX?

While I have tested and can open both XLS and XLSX files on my Windows Phone, they were both created in PC versions of Excel 2000 and Excel 2010.

As a test, would you:

• First, try saving the file as XLSX and see if you can access the newer file format on your phone.

Otherwise, try the following as a test:

• Open up a web browser
    • Go to Windows Live and login.
    • Select "SkyDrive" at the top of the brwoser window
    • Select the Excel icon near the top where it says "Create"
    • Add a few numbers and do an AutoSum. Maybe add some formatting.
    • Close the workbook (File -> Close workbook)
    • Next, your SkyDrive file listing will appear with the new file.
    • Click the "i" circle to the far right of the new file.
    • Now, select "Send a link"
    • Enter your e-mail information and click "Send"
    • On your phone, open the e-mail and click on the button that says "View document"
    • You should be able to view the document.
    • If yes, then there is apparently a compatibilty issue on the Mac using XLS and I would try my first suggestion of trying to save the file in a different format like the newer XLSX.

By the way, the procedure gets easier in Windows Phone Mango (coming soon - no official release dates yet except in Japan) as you can save to and access files directly from your SkyDrive. That would eliminate the e-mailing it to yourself steps ... a lot easier!

I hope this helps!

David

David Scammell, Sep 19, 2018
  4. Skiff640 Win User

excel files won't save.

Excel changes the owner of file during save

I just duplicated the problem with a brand new Excel file that had nothing to do with the old XP machine ...
    • Signed in as the original owner who is in the administrator group
    • Created a new Excel file in the same folder as above
    • Edited the file with Excel as the original owner ... saved
    • Checked ownership and permissions. Everything looks OK, including the inherited permissions from the folder
    • Signed off
    • Signed on as a second user who is not in the Administrator group
    • Edited the the file with Excel as the second user ... saved the file with changes
    • Signed off
    • Signed on as the original owner
    • Checked ownership and permissions. The ownership of the file has changed to the second user.

The original and second users are the exact same users described in the post above. Uggghhh ...

Clueless in Houston ...

Skiff640, Sep 19, 2018
Thema:

excel files won't save.

1. excel files won't save. - Similar Threads - excel files won't

2. I9-13900k and saving Excel files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I9-13900k and saving Excel files: I am having major failures in saving Excel workbooks Large and Small.The files get corrupt sometimes, when I try to re-open the workbook to quickly within 45 seconds or shutdown the computer with in a minute or 2.I am using an I9-13900k processor and 32gb ram and nvme drives...
  3. I9-13900k and saving Excel files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I9-13900k and saving Excel files: I am having major failures in saving Excel workbooks Large and Small.The files get corrupt sometimes, when I try to re-open the workbook to quickly within 45 seconds or shutdown the computer with in a minute or 2.I am using an I9-13900k processor and 32gb ram and nvme drives...
  4. Excel Macro File Saving Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Excel Macro File Saving Problem: Hello Friends, Here I am new so, please help me. I received a message/error "There isn't enough memory to complete this action" when I save my MACRO File. I try all things from YOUTUBE but not helpful....
  5. Excel Macro File Saving Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Excel Macro File Saving Problem: Hello Friends, Here I am new so, please help me. I received a message/error "There isn't enough memory to complete this action" when I save my MACRO File. I try all things from YOUTUBE but not helpful....
  6. Excel Macro File Saving Problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Saving excel files on network drive issue

Saving excel files on network drive issue: After upgrading win7 to win10 , we are unable to save the excel files on the network drive, although we can save locally or save as on the network drive without any issue. we are using office 2010 Thanks in advance Ayman...
  8. save excel files to one drive

save excel files to one drive: I just updated my computer and now my office files will not update automatically, or sync, to the cloud. when I go to onedrive and use excel online everything works fine, and when I go to my offline excel the changes show up just fine. However, when I make changes to the...
  9. how to save a excel file as a database file.

how to save a excel file as a database file.: can not remember when I save a excel sheet as a database file. Is it .dbf or some other ending? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-save-a-excel-file-as-a-database-file/01ea6bb9-b056-4b0f-8dce-64a07f4ba952"
  10. Excel file saving problem. File disappeared.

Excel file saving problem. File disappeared.: Excel file had problem saving. Window asked if report to Microsoft. Now, excel file disappeared. There is a .tmp file. Where is my excel file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excel-file-saving-problem-file-disappeared/c1450290-5248-4c9f-aeb2-47702d4bdc54"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot

2. excel wont save

3. excel wnt save files

4. excel file wont save changes,
  5. wont save files,
  6. excel file wont save as ,
  7. excel wont save as,
  8. recovering files in excel