Windows 10: Excel hyperlinks will not work with Internet Explorer turned off.

Discus and support Excel hyperlinks will not work with Internet Explorer turned off. in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I turned IE because of its' history showing up in the "Run" dialog (when I type "C", it shows locations) and Firefox set as default in every location... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by rdwray, Jul 6, 2021.

1. rdwray Win User

Excel hyperlinks will not work with Internet Explorer turned off.

I turned IE because of its' history showing up in the "Run" dialog (when I type "C", it shows locations) and Firefox set as default in every location in "Settings" and still get this error until I turn IE back on:

:)

rdwray, Jul 6, 2021
  2. rdwray Win User

I turned IE because of its' history showing up in the "Run" dialog (when I type "C", it shows locations) and Firefox set as default in every location in "Settings" and still get this error until I turn IE back on:

Excel hyperlinks will not work with Internet Explorer turned off. [​IMG]

rdwray, Jul 6, 2021
  3. wiganken Win User

When I had the same problem with hyperlinks not launching Firefox the following registry mods worked for me: -

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\FirefoxHTML\shell\open]
    Enter value: - @="&Open"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\FirefoxHTML\shell\open\command]
    Create the “command” key, then in it: -
    Enter value: - @=""C:\\Program Files\\Mozilla Firefox\\firefox.exe" -osint -url "%1""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\FirefoxHTML\shell\open\ddeexec]
    Create the “ddeexec” key

The source is excel - This Operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer, Please contact your administrator - Stack Overflow .

I haven't had time to fully read this thread so I hope this doesn't duplicate anything already suggested.

wiganken, Jul 6, 2021
  4. Excel hyperlinks will not work with Internet Explorer turned off.

Internet Explorer not working

Hi,

To better assist you with your Internet Explorer concern, we'd like to ask the following questions:

• What is the exact error message that you are getting when using Internet Explorer?
    • What is the exact error message that you are getting when using Excel?

Meanwhile, you can refer to PranavMishra5582's suggested steps in fixing Internet Explorer issues on this

link

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Jul 6, 2021
Thema:

1. Excel hyperlinks will not work with Internet Explorer turned off. - Similar Threads - Excel hyperlinks Internet

2. Excel hyperlinks will not work with Internet Explorer turned off.

in Windows 10 Support
    Excel hyperlinks will not work with Internet Explorer turned off.: I turned IE because of its' history showing up in the "Run" dialog (when I type "C", it shows locations) and Firefox set as default in every location in "Settings" and still get this error until I turn IE back on: 182047
  3. error message says internet explorer is turned off

in Windows 10 Customization
    error message says internet explorer is turned off: Where do I turn on internet explorer so Quick Books will open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-message-says-internet-explorer-is-turned-off/f43cd214-254e-466f-a97f-8a4477abc4bb
  4. Can I turn off internet explorer 11?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can I turn off internet explorer 11?: I have Windows 10 Home Edition and I use Firefox as my browser. Can I turn off Internet Explorer 11? I was about to but I got the message Turning off Internet Explorer 11 might affect other Windows Features and Programs installed on your computer including default...
  5. slow login after turning off internet explorer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    slow login after turning off internet explorer: a few days ago i decided to turn off he internet explorer feature after the restart i typed my PW in the lock screen and got the turning wheel for like a minute. on another restart it was slow too,but not as much. but after getting into the desktop i could see the icons on...
  6. How to turn off sound in Excel?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    How to turn off sound in Excel?: I want to turn off sounds when I do things like entering data into or right-clicking a cell in Excel (Windows 10 v. 1909, Office 16). In Excel Options, under "Ease of Access" I turned off "Provide feedback with sound". Didn't help. Under Windows > Settings > "Notifications &...
  7. excel hyperlinks changed?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    excel hyperlinks changed?: I don't know if it's a result of Microsoft Office 365 update, but all the hyperlinks in my spreadsheets have changed from C:\Users\myname\Documents\Invoice\filename to C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Excel\filename As a result, none of the hyperlinks work. I have...
  8. Excel Hyperlinks

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Excel Hyperlinks: I have updated Windows 10 to 18362. Now hyperlinks in my Excel spreadsheets do not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excel-hyperlinks/ea0ff616-ad24-41d6-8409-cf95b068867a
  9. Follow Hyperlink in Excel 2010

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Follow Hyperlink in Excel 2010: I am using W10 fully updated and Office 2010 64 bit and Chrome is my default browser (It makes no difference if I default to IE, Edge or Firefox) I have some code in my worksheet as follows: Dim filename Sub test() filename = ThisWorkbook.Path & "\Settings\Bing Maps.html"...
  10. Turn On or Off Play Sounds in Webpages in Internet Explorer

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Play Sounds in Webpages in Internet Explorer: How to: Turn On or Off Play Sounds in Webpages in Internet Explorer How to Turn On or Off Play Sounds in Webpages in Internet Explorer [img] Information Internet Explorer will play sounds in webpages by default in Windows. If you like, you can turn off playing all...