Windows 10: Excel hyperlinks will not work with Internet Explorer turned off.

Discus and support Excel hyperlinks will not work with Internet Explorer turned off. in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I turned IE because of its' history showing up in the "Run" dialog (when I type "C", it shows locations) and Firefox set as default in every location... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by rdwray, Jul 6, 2021.

1. rdwray Win User

Excel hyperlinks will not work with Internet Explorer turned off.

I turned IE because of its' history showing up in the "Run" dialog (when I type "C", it shows locations) and Firefox set as default in every location in "Settings" and still get this error until I turn IE back on:

:)

rdwray, Jul 6, 2021
  2. rdwray Win User

I turned IE because of its' history showing up in the "Run" dialog (when I type "C", it shows locations) and Firefox set as default in every location in "Settings" and still get this error until I turn IE back on:

Excel hyperlinks will not work with Internet Explorer turned off. [​IMG]

rdwray, Jul 6, 2021
  3. wiganken Win User

When I had the same problem with hyperlinks not launching Firefox the following registry mods worked for me: -

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\FirefoxHTML\shell\open]
    Enter value: - @="&Open"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\FirefoxHTML\shell\open\command]
    Create the “command” key, then in it: -
    Enter value: - @=""C:\\Program Files\\Mozilla Firefox\\firefox.exe" -osint -url "%1""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\FirefoxHTML\shell\open\ddeexec]
    Create the “ddeexec” key

The source is excel - This Operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer, Please contact your administrator - Stack Overflow .

I haven't had time to fully read this thread so I hope this doesn't duplicate anything already suggested.

wiganken, Jul 6, 2021
  4. Excel hyperlinks will not work with Internet Explorer turned off.

Internet Explorer not working

Hi,

To better assist you with your Internet Explorer concern, we'd like to ask the following questions:

• What is the exact error message that you are getting when using Internet Explorer?
    • What is the exact error message that you are getting when using Excel?

Meanwhile, you can refer to PranavMishra5582's suggested steps in fixing Internet Explorer issues on this

link

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Jul 6, 2021
Thema:

1. Excel hyperlinks will not work with Internet Explorer turned off. - Similar Threads - Excel hyperlinks Internet

2. Remove Hyperlinks." on excel sheets

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Hyperlinks." on excel sheets: I must remove hyperlink, You, MS said "Right-click, and then click Remove Hyperlinks." no such options https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-hyperlinks-on-excel-sheets/6acbf63f-dc35-459f-8f6d-11824562a917
  3. Remove Hyperlinks." on excel sheets

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove Hyperlinks." on excel sheets: I must remove hyperlink, You, MS said "Right-click, and then click Remove Hyperlinks." no such options https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-hyperlinks-on-excel-sheets/6acbf63f-dc35-459f-8f6d-11824562a917
  4. hyperlink in excel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hyperlink in excel: Suddenly excel does not give me the option to remove a hyperlink by right clicking. The drop down box suddenly does not offer that option. What changed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hyperlink-in-excel/85656d17-017b-4551-958e-dd11eede4cb4
  5. hyperlink in excel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hyperlink in excel: Suddenly excel does not give me the option to remove a hyperlink by right clicking. The drop down box suddenly does not offer that option. What changed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hyperlink-in-excel/85656d17-017b-4551-958e-dd11eede4cb4
  6. hyperlink in excel

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Excel hyperlinks will not work with Internet Explorer turned off.

in Windows 10 Support
    Excel hyperlinks will not work with Internet Explorer turned off.: I turned IE because of its' history showing up in the "Run" dialog (when I type "C", it shows locations) and Firefox set as default in every location in "Settings" and still get this error until I turn IE back on: 182047
  8. excel hyperlinks changed?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    excel hyperlinks changed?: I don't know if it's a result of Microsoft Office 365 update, but all the hyperlinks in my spreadsheets have changed from C:\Users\myname\Documents\Invoice\filename to C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Excel\filename As a result, none of the hyperlinks work. I have...
  9. Excel Hyperlinks

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Excel Hyperlinks: I have updated Windows 10 to 18362. Now hyperlinks in my Excel spreadsheets do not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excel-hyperlinks/ea0ff616-ad24-41d6-8409-cf95b068867a
  10. Follow Hyperlink in Excel 2010

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Follow Hyperlink in Excel 2010: I am using W10 fully updated and Office 2010 64 bit and Chrome is my default browser (It makes no difference if I default to IE, Edge or Firefox) I have some code in my worksheet as follows: Dim filename Sub test() filename = ThisWorkbook.Path & "\Settings\Bing Maps.html"...