Windows 10: Excel is requiring login. Microsoft Account is requiring Windows Hello

Discus and support Excel is requiring login. Microsoft Account is requiring Windows Hello in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I opened Excel today and it says "Unlicensed Product" and is asking me to sign in. I tried to login to my Microsoft account and it says that I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by HDAGeeks13, Sep 25, 2019.

1. Excel is requiring login. Microsoft Account is requiring Windows Hello

I opened Excel today and it says "Unlicensed Product" and is asking me to sign in. I tried to login to my Microsoft account and it says that I am required to login via Windows Hello. In my settings, it says that Windows Hello is not available for my device....all of my toolbars are greyed out and I cannot make any changes to my existing documents.

HELP! Excel is requiring login. Microsoft Account is requiring Windows Hello :)

Thank you in advance!

:)

HDAGeeks13, Sep 25, 2019

2. Microsoft Account Login requirement

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Let me help you.

I would suggest you to switch your Microsoft account to a Local account first and then switch back to Microsoft account. Please refer to the following steps:

• In the Start search, type 'Settings and press
      Enter.

• Choose 'Accounts'.

• Under 'Your account', click
      'Disconnect' option available under your Microsoft account name.

• Follow the onscreen instruction to create a local account.
    Now, on the newly converted Local account, follow these steps:

• In the Start search, type 'Settings and press
      Enter.

• Choose 'Accounts'.

• Under 'Your account' click 'Connect
      to a Microsoft account'.

• Enter the Microsoft account ID and Password and click Next.
    Follow onscreen instruction.

Check if it resolves the issue.

I hope the information helps. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Aswin_Anand, Sep 26, 2019
  3. Require Windows Hello

I wanted to require ise of biometric tools for sign in to My computer. I went ino the Group Policy to enable “Require Windows Hello” for sign in. I previously had not configured Windows Hello.

After i enabled “Require Windows Hello for login” i receved a message that i needed to reboot for it to take effect. I rebooted.

when the compter rebooted it did not ask me to set up the biometrics. But, it now does require Windows Hello to login. But it never asked me to set up any recognition or fingerprint or pin number.

now i cannot login to my computer because i have no fingerprint or facial recognition set up, but Windows requires login through Hello.

am i just sol and have lost everything on my comptuer so that i must reinstall all of my applications, or is there some way to get back in.

how can Microsoft allow you to make something be required, but not require you establish the required criteria? Shame on you Microsoft. I am sorely dissappointed in you as a small shareholder of the company.

C. Randolph Coleman, Sep 26, 2019
  4. Roan T Win User

Excel is requiring login. Microsoft Account is requiring Windows Hello

microsoft account required

Hi John,

We would like to know more about the issue. Please
    clarify the following:

• Can you tell us what issue you are trying to troubleshoot before getting the
      Microsoft account required error
      prompt?
    • Is the issue limited to the current Windows user profile you are using?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Regards.

Roan T, Sep 26, 2019
Thema:

Excel is requiring login. Microsoft Account is requiring Windows Hello

1. Excel is requiring login. Microsoft Account is requiring Windows Hello - Similar Threads - Excel requiring login

2. login requirements

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    login requirements: how do I disable login requirements when I start or awaken my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-requirements/1889fcb9-742b-43d1-9a58-2af590abcb3a
  3. Microsoft Account Login affecting Windows Hello

Microsoft Account Login affecting Windows Hello: Hi, I don't know why I thought that it would be a good idea but I logged in to my laptop with my school account on top of my personal one. This made me unable to use Windows Hello and I even had to change my pin because of it. So I logged out of the school account from...
  4. OneDrive Required for Login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive Required for Login: Why all of a sudden my system says that I need to log into my OneDrive in order to use my system when I have never seen this before and when I find the file it shows empty?? So why do I need to log into this program?? [Original Title: OneDrive]...
  5. Requiring Administrator Login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Requiring Administrator Login: Hi Everyone, two questions: I'm looking to setup better security on my PC, as I use this for work. I have other Users on my PC as well, but am trying to limit their access when logged in without me. I would like anything that normally requires an...
  6. Microsoft Hello not on laptop but laptop requires it to do anything

Microsoft Hello not on laptop but laptop requires it to do anything: Hello, I am trying to switch my account as I have the minecraft windows 10 edition on my other account and would like to download it onto my laptop. When I try to log in however, it asks for Windows Hello. My laptop isn't compatible with windows hello... It won't accept my...
  7. Require Windows Hello

Require Windows Hello: I wanted to require ise of biometric tools for sign in to My computer. I went ino the Group Policy to enable “Require Windows Hello” for sign in. I previously had not configured Windows Hello. After i enabled “Require Windows Hello for login” i receved a message that i...
  8. Microsoft Excel (Office 2013) requires MSOINTL.DLL to run

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Excel (Office 2013) requires MSOINTL.DLL to run: I was using Excel in Office 2013 yesterday. When I opened the program later in the day I got the message "Microsoft Excel requires the file MSOINTL.DLL to run. Run Setup again to ensure proper installation. I have reinstalled Office 2013 three times from my Microsoft account...
  9. XBox games requiring login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XBox games requiring login: I reinstalled Windows yesterday, and now XBox games require a login which they never did before. I just installed them a few weeks ago, and they didn't require any logins then, but after reinstalling Windows, now they do. What am I doing wrong and how do I fix it? Edit: It...
  10. Microsoft Account Required Sign in and Password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Account Required Sign in and Password: New Windows 10 Home desktop. I put in Carol when it asked who would use the computer. After a restart, it showed Carol and Welcome, then I could just click on it and use it. The only user was Carol and no password was needed. That was OK. I set a system restore point,...