Windows 10: Excel is requiring login. Microsoft Account is requiring Windows Hello

Discus and support Excel is requiring login. Microsoft Account is requiring Windows Hello in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I opened Excel today and it says "Unlicensed Product" and is asking me to sign in. I tried to login to my Microsoft account and it says that I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by HDAGeeks13, Sep 25, 2019.

1. Excel is requiring login. Microsoft Account is requiring Windows Hello

I opened Excel today and it says "Unlicensed Product" and is asking me to sign in. I tried to login to my Microsoft account and it says that I am required to login via Windows Hello. In my settings, it says that Windows Hello is not available for my device....all of my toolbars are greyed out and I cannot make any changes to my existing documents.

HELP! Excel is requiring login. Microsoft Account is requiring Windows Hello :)

Thank you in advance!

:)

HDAGeeks13, Sep 25, 2019

2. Microsoft Account Login requirement

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Let me help you.

I would suggest you to switch your Microsoft account to a Local account first and then switch back to Microsoft account. Please refer to the following steps:

• In the Start search, type 'Settings and press
      Enter.

• Choose 'Accounts'.

• Under 'Your account', click
      'Disconnect' option available under your Microsoft account name.

• Follow the onscreen instruction to create a local account.
    Now, on the newly converted Local account, follow these steps:

• In the Start search, type 'Settings and press
      Enter.

• Choose 'Accounts'.

• Under 'Your account' click 'Connect
      to a Microsoft account'.

• Enter the Microsoft account ID and Password and click Next.
    Follow onscreen instruction.

Check if it resolves the issue.

I hope the information helps. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Aswin_Anand, Sep 26, 2019
  3. Require Windows Hello

I wanted to require ise of biometric tools for sign in to My computer. I went ino the Group Policy to enable “Require Windows Hello” for sign in. I previously had not configured Windows Hello.

After i enabled “Require Windows Hello for login” i receved a message that i needed to reboot for it to take effect. I rebooted.

when the compter rebooted it did not ask me to set up the biometrics. But, it now does require Windows Hello to login. But it never asked me to set up any recognition or fingerprint or pin number.

now i cannot login to my computer because i have no fingerprint or facial recognition set up, but Windows requires login through Hello.

am i just sol and have lost everything on my comptuer so that i must reinstall all of my applications, or is there some way to get back in.

how can Microsoft allow you to make something be required, but not require you establish the required criteria? Shame on you Microsoft. I am sorely dissappointed in you as a small shareholder of the company.

C. Randolph Coleman, Sep 26, 2019
  4. Roan T Win User

Excel is requiring login. Microsoft Account is requiring Windows Hello

microsoft account required

Hi John,

We would like to know more about the issue. Please
    clarify the following:

• Can you tell us what issue you are trying to troubleshoot before getting the
      Microsoft account required error
      prompt?
    • Is the issue limited to the current Windows user profile you are using?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Regards.

Roan T, Sep 26, 2019
Thema:

Excel is requiring login. Microsoft Account is requiring Windows Hello

1. Excel is requiring login. Microsoft Account is requiring Windows Hello - Similar Threads - Excel requiring login

2. "Require Windows Hello sign-in for Microsoft accounts" Not present.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    "Require Windows Hello sign-in for Microsoft accounts" Not present.: Hello,I have a user who would like to use the fingerprint reader for a 3rd party application. There was another user that was able to accomplish this by turning off the "Require Windows Hello sign-in for Microsoft accounts" option listed below all the Windows hello sign in...
  3. "Require Windows Hello sign-in for Microsoft accounts" Not present.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Require Windows Hello sign-in for Microsoft accounts" Not present.: Hello,I have a user who would like to use the fingerprint reader for a 3rd party application. There was another user that was able to accomplish this by turning off the "Require Windows Hello sign-in for Microsoft accounts" option listed below all the Windows hello sign in...
  4. "Require Windows Hello sign-in for Microsoft accounts" Not present.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Login required.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login required.: Before some changes I did, I find I have to signin with my microsoft acct to login on my own computer. How do I change back so i don't have to use a password. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-required/d16f9fdd-7547-40ba-b7b1-d2b03c1232ea
  6. Login required.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Login required.: Before some changes I did, I find I have to signin with my microsoft acct to login on my own computer. How do I change back so i don't have to use a password. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-required/d16f9fdd-7547-40ba-b7b1-d2b03c1232ea
  7. Require login??

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Require login??: I've asked this question previously last April https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-how-long-until-screen-locks/1a1ce9ab-4739-48f4-8292-c4de376a7cf7. The topic has been closed so I can't reply to it.The replies were appreciated and let me set...
  8. Require Windows Hello Sign-In for Microsoft Accounts - missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Require Windows Hello Sign-In for Microsoft Accounts - missing: I bought a new computer a few days ago. Windows 10 was pre-installed. I have another computer which use "Require Windows Hello Sign-In for Microsoft Accounts" turned on on it. On the new computer this option is missing from the Sign-In dialog.Following is the screenshot of my...
  9. login requirements

login requirements: how do I disable login requirements when I start or awaken my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-requirements/1889fcb9-742b-43d1-9a58-2af590abcb3a
  10. Require Windows Hello

Require Windows Hello: I wanted to require ise of biometric tools for sign in to My computer. I went ino the Group Policy to enable “Require Windows Hello” for sign in. I previously had not configured Windows Hello. After i enabled “Require Windows Hello for login” i receved a message that i...