Windows 10: Excel issues following upgrade to Windows 10

Discus and support Excel issues following upgrade to Windows 10 in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hello, I've just upgraded to Windows 10 and excel has seemingly changed to the American version. Defaults are to US date/currency format and even... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by chriscotters, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Excel issues following upgrade to Windows 10

Hello,

I've just upgraded to Windows 10 and excel has seemingly changed to the American version. Defaults are to US date/currency format and even when changing the language back to UK it doesn't change.

Everything was fine before the upgrade so definitely related.

Anyone else experienced this?

:)

chriscotters, Aug 1, 2015
  2. eodio Win User

Excel 2013 stalls with windows 10 when using filter in large data worksheets

No, it is not a touch screen issue, it is a windows 10/Excel issue. At last it has come to the attention of Microsoft and they are working on a solution. Follow the link for more information.

Enrique

Excel Filtering Problemmatic after Windows 10 Upgrade

eodio, Aug 1, 2015
  3. eodio Win User
    Excel 2013 stalls with windows 10 when using filter in large data worksheets

This same problem is happening to many other Win10 users.

You can follow the Q: Excel Filtering Problemmatic after Windows 10 Upgrade

in: Applies to Office Office 2013 Microsoft Office Excel Office for Windows 10 Desktop.

It is not only my problem, Microsoft should address this issue promptly!!

eodio, Aug 1, 2015
  4. Excel issues following upgrade to Windows 10

I had exactly the same problem and solved it.

Close Excel. Click on the date (bottom right hand corner of the screen) Set default to UK. Resart Excell and all should be OK. Trust this helps.

Michaelgraham, Aug 2, 2015
  5. mgades Win User
    I am having a different problem, all of my excel documents are now saying that they are corrupt. This is happening for anything new or even files I used prior to the upgrade

mgades, Aug 5, 2015
  6. This suggestion did not work for me. I was having the same problem as original poster, tried the fix suggested above by clicking on Date but region was already selected as "UK". However, if you can find the Control Panel / "Clock, Language, and Region" / "change date, time, or number formats" now that MS have successfully hidden it from the start menu, you can change the regional settings there to United Kingdom. Restarted Excel and all dates are formatting correctly again!

RobinNuttall, Aug 11, 2015
  7. mgades - did you ever sort out this problem because I have exactly the same issues? Excel files are corrupt and will not open.

rab wilson, Aug 11, 2015
  8. Excel issues following upgrade to Windows 10

I should have added that it is only Excel files which I have used since loading Windows 10 that I have a problem with. They save but when recalled, come back with the message that they are corrupt. All Excel files from the old Windows 7 work OK.

rab wilson, Aug 11, 2015
  9. Simply right click on the start button. Same as Windows 8...

black07z51, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Excel issues following upgrade to Windows 10

1. Excel issues following upgrade to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Excel issues following

2. Excel issue

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Excel issue: If i have the same text in cells A1,A2,A3 and different texts in cells B1,B2,B3 ,how can i merge the texts under column B in the same cell B1 to just keep cells A1 and B1 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excel-issue/1939d5ab-2fc9-430b-aa8f-14e00c153138
  3. Excel issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Excel issue: If i have the same text in cells A1,A2,A3 and different texts in cells B1,B2,B3 ,how can i merge the texts under column B in the same cell B1 to just keep cells A1 and B1 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excel-issue/1939d5ab-2fc9-430b-aa8f-14e00c153138
  4. Excel issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Issue with Office Excel

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Issue with Office Excel: I am having an issue with Office Excel in Windows 10. On many occasions when I am saving a file the system selects another file rather than the one I am trying to save. It happens when I select "Save As". This could cause me to loose a file with important information. It...
  6. Windows 10, upgrades, & Excel

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10, upgrades, & Excel: I have been trying to use my Excel program for the last week without success, Today I tried doing some upgrades to that program. I received an error code#0x80072ee7. Does anyone know what is happening? I desperately need this program....
  7. Follow Hyperlink in Excel 2010

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Follow Hyperlink in Excel 2010: I am using W10 fully updated and Office 2010 64 bit and Chrome is my default browser (It makes no difference if I default to IE, Edge or Firefox) I have some code in my worksheet as follows: Dim filename Sub test() filename = ThisWorkbook.Path & "\Settings\Bing Maps.html"...
  8. Speaker/sound issue following 1709 upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Speaker/sound issue following 1709 upgrade: , Many thanks for your help. I'll pursue the leads you have turned up for me, and I'll circle back and let you know when I get it sorted! Thanks again. No problem - good luck!
  9. Windows 10 Upgrade change Excel default configuration

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Windows 10 Upgrade change Excel default configuration: I upgraded my Windows 10 on 23-9-16. now when I open Excel 2010 the default display is changed. When Excel was opened previously the 'Home' tab was expanded and the various groups are visible. Similarly when any other tab is clicked the groups are automatically exposed. Now...
  10. Application compatibility following upgrade to windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Application compatibility following upgrade to windows 10: Hello, Regarding the upgrade to windows 10. After the upgrade is completed and we do a clean install, will the previous applications (e.g. Photoshop or AutoCAD) be compatible with windows 10? Thank you 8689

Users found this page by searching for:

1. black07z51