Windows 10: Excel itself set password to file

Discus and support Excel itself set password to file in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hi, User in company used one excel file. She closed it and wanted to open some minutes later, but was shocked, that it asks for password to open it.... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by sandisk, Feb 4, 2020.

1. sandisk Win User

Excel itself set password to file

Hi,
    User in company used one excel file. She closed it and wanted to open some minutes later, but was shocked, that it asks for password to open it. She didn't set any security to this file, she even don't know ho to do that.
    Any info, how this could happen? Is it possible, that excel itself set password protection to file?
    p.s. She is using Office 365.

Thanks.

:)

sandisk, Feb 4, 2020

2. ms. excel bug? file that protect by password become unprotected file?

i have ms. excel 2010 document that protected by password, when i send it through e-mail the file become unprotected file, in other name the pass is gone
    is it the bug or i just missed something on that

micropage7, Feb 4, 2020
  3. Unable to open a password protected Excel file

Misses sheena ,

thanks for your feedback but you dont know anything about the excel formats that they can be used in the mobile phones or not .....

but the fact is that we can read (only ) any excel file .

now my question is that i am having a EXCEL FILE which is password protected and i know the password also but i am unable to use open it in my excel file ... please suggest me some tricks so that i can open it in my laptop ..

thanks

regards

Tushant Rajpal, Feb 4, 2020
  4. OneMrEd Win User

Unable to open a password protected Excel file

I just got a HTC 8X phone and when I try to open a password protected Excel file instead of prompting me for the password I just get a message that says, "Can't open. Password-protected files can't be opened". Any suggesting for working with password protected
    files on WP8?

***Moderator's note: Moved to the most appropriate category.***

OneMrEd, Feb 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Excel itself set password to file - Similar Threads - Excel itself set

2. Password protected PDF and Excel files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Password protected PDF and Excel files: When i try to open a pdf file or excel file its saying password protect, please type in password. I can't remember what it was* Changed to a question* Original title: password protect...
  3. How to Remove Password from a Protected Excel File?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Remove Password from a Protected Excel File?: Hello Community,I'm currently facing a challenge with a password-protected Excel file version 2019 that I need to access. Unfortunately, the password has been lost and I am unable to open the file.I am aware of the importance of password protection and the implications of...
  4. How to Remove Password from a Protected Excel File?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Remove Password from a Protected Excel File?: Hello Community,I'm currently facing a challenge with a password-protected Excel file version 2019 that I need to access. Unfortunately, the password has been lost and I am unable to open the file.I am aware of the importance of password protection and the implications of...
  5. set password in file

set password in file: I AM UNABLE TO SET PASSWORD BECOUSE OF MY ENCRYPTION OPTION IS NOT ACCESABLE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-password-in-file/4c9433d1-7e7e-4d04-b773-f5d5e955f67f
  6. Excell Files

Excell Files: How do I find all my excel files created in 2020? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excell-files/7152ac25-949a-4dc7-a8e4-0b77c3c31477
  7. Excel file suddenly deleted itself, tried everything to no avail

Excel file suddenly deleted itself, tried everything to no avail: I have an Excel file which I regularly use to track data but one day I opened it and all of a sudden it said that it's unavailable. I checked the original location and saw that the file just literally vanished. The file wasn't corrupt or anything. Itliterally doesn't exist...
  8. excel files

excel files: Transferred files from windows xp to windows 10. unable to open files. File System Error (-2143322102). https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excel-files/eda9c459-1296-4b29-bbbe-e37b2dde5c03"
  9. Forgotten Excel password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forgotten Excel password: Is there any way to access a password protected excel file if I forgot the passwore? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgotten-excel-password/c953c617-0a8b-453e-8a58-e36d979185d1
  10. Excel files

Excel files: How do I open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excel-files/9c381f48-f96f-4778-8304-10e1331e1e5a"