Windows 10: Excel launching on start up

Discus and support Excel launching on start up in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Anyone find office apps launching on start up recently? It’s doing it on both our machines. We have 365 and use excel most. We always ensure the... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Scottyboy99, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Excel launching on start up

Anyone find office apps launching on start up recently? It’s doing it on both our machines. We have 365 and use excel most. We always ensure the program is shut when doing shutdown. It’s a small issue but slightly irritating to see it launch when logging in

:)

Scottyboy99, Jun 11, 2019

2. How to pin an Excel 2007 file to the W10 Start fly-out menu

I have W10 and Excel 2007.

I commonly use a file XYZ.xlsx, and I'd like to be able to do the following.

Click Start --> hover over the arrow to the right of Excel 2007 --> show jump list --> click on XYZ.xlsx, either under the "Pinned" or the "Recent" section.

However, when I do the steps above, nothing shows under "Pinned", even though I've pinned XYZ.xlsx inside Excel 2007, I've opened, saved and closed the file several times, etc. Somehow W10 still doesn't know this is a file I want to use.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Vince

Uncle Vinny, Jun 11, 2019
  3. sodapop Win User
    Pin Excel to start and or taskbar

Cannot Pin Excel to start menu or task bar. Office shows on start menu but have to open it first then Excel. Excel does not show on list of programs. It opens fine when I go to office THEN to excel but would be more convenient to go directly to Excel since I use it often

sodapop, Jun 11, 2019
  4. PJLLB Win User

Excel launching on start up

Pin Excel to start and or taskbar

Depending on the version of office you are using Excel may be under a "Microsoft Office" folder in the start menu.

PJLLB, Jun 11, 2019
Thema:

Excel launching on start up

1. Excel launching on start up - Similar Threads - Excel launching start

2. Excel and Access automatically launch on Windows 10 start

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel and Access automatically launch on Windows 10 start: From about 3 days ago whenever I start Windows 10 several instances of Excel and Access are automatically launched. I have checked the Startup Apps and there are no Office apps in the list. How do I find what is causing these apps to launch? 135063
  3. Excel and Access automatically launch on Windows 10 start

in Windows 10 Support
    Excel and Access automatically launch on Windows 10 start: From about 3 days ago whenever I start Windows 10 several instances of Excel and Access are automatically launched. I have checked the Startup Apps and there are no Office apps in the list. How do I find what is causing these apps to launch? 135063
  4. Unable to start Excel and Word

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to start Excel and Word: I have windows 10 and I have on my machine Office 2016. I have the icons for word, excel and one note on the task bar. One note will open with the usual double click on its icon however neither word nor excel will open without highlighting the icon and selecting open as...
  5. Why doesn't this program start up at Windows Launch?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why doesn't this program start up at Windows Launch?: I need to get this program, Retrospect, which is a backup program, to start up automaticly when Windows boots up. So I followed suggestsions I found doing a search. Here is the ProgramData folder for Retrospect: [img] So I followed instructions and copied the shortcut...
  6. Why doesn't this program start up at Windows Launch?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why doesn't this program start up at Windows Launch?: I need to get this program, Retrospect, which is a backup program, to start up automaticly when Windows boots up. So I followed suggestsions I found doing a search. Here is the ProgramData folder for Retrospect: [img] So I followed instructions and copied the shortcut...
  7. Start Menu won't launch

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu won't launch: I've recently installed a fresh version of windows (was having PC issues) and all went well, apart from the fact I can no longer launch the start menu, which renders my PC essentially useless. I'd really appreciate some help here fixing the issue, as it is pretty vital. I've...
  8. Stop Microsoft edge launching on start up?

in Browsers and Email
    Stop Microsoft edge launching on start up?: At least I assume it launches on start up since when I try to run ccleaner it says it will have to close edge and is that OK, if I say yes it simply hangs up forever on trying to close it. Does it launch automatically on start up? If so can I prevent this? Its not showing in...
  9. Pin Excel to start and or taskbar

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Pin Excel to start and or taskbar: Cannot Pin Excel to start menu or task bar. Office shows on start menu but have to open it first then Excel. Excel does not show on list of programs. It opens fine when I go to office THEN to excel but would be more convenient to go directly to Excel since I use it often 100276
  10. Start Menu and Quick Launch

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu and Quick Launch: Hi, I upgraded to Windows 10 today, however the start menu will not open, and only certain items work when I right click on the windows icon. Also, the quick launch icons on the task bar do not work, and won't even let me right click them. Any help would be MASSIVELY...