Windows 10: Excel launching on start up

Discus and support Excel launching on start up in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Anyone find office apps launching on start up recently? It’s doing it on both our machines. We have 365 and use excel most. We always ensure the... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Scottyboy99, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Excel launching on start up

Anyone find office apps launching on start up recently? It’s doing it on both our machines. We have 365 and use excel most. We always ensure the program is shut when doing shutdown. It’s a small issue but slightly irritating to see it launch when logging in

:)

Scottyboy99, Jun 11, 2019

2. How to pin an Excel 2007 file to the W10 Start fly-out menu

I have W10 and Excel 2007.

I commonly use a file XYZ.xlsx, and I'd like to be able to do the following.

Click Start --> hover over the arrow to the right of Excel 2007 --> show jump list --> click on XYZ.xlsx, either under the "Pinned" or the "Recent" section.

However, when I do the steps above, nothing shows under "Pinned", even though I've pinned XYZ.xlsx inside Excel 2007, I've opened, saved and closed the file several times, etc. Somehow W10 still doesn't know this is a file I want to use.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Vince

Uncle Vinny, Jun 11, 2019
  3. sodapop Win User
    Pin Excel to start and or taskbar

Cannot Pin Excel to start menu or task bar. Office shows on start menu but have to open it first then Excel. Excel does not show on list of programs. It opens fine when I go to office THEN to excel but would be more convenient to go directly to Excel since I use it often

sodapop, Jun 11, 2019
  4. PJLLB Win User

Excel launching on start up

Pin Excel to start and or taskbar

Depending on the version of office you are using Excel may be under a "Microsoft Office" folder in the start menu.

PJLLB, Jun 11, 2019
Thema:

Excel launching on start up

1. Excel launching on start up - Similar Threads - Excel launching start

2. a application is not starting up on launch for some reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    a application is not starting up on launch for some reason: i have tried numerous things, including, restarting uninstalling and mkaing a command for it on run also made the application admin and it still wont launch on startup no idea why...
  3. a application is not starting up on launch for some reason

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    a application is not starting up on launch for some reason: i have tried numerous things, including, restarting uninstalling and mkaing a command for it on run also made the application admin and it still wont launch on startup no idea why...
  4. a application is not starting up on launch for some reason

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. excel app not starting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    excel app not starting: when i am trying to open my excel then at first office logo comes up which says office is updating ,please wait . Then a error message flashes on screen which says excel.exe -application error . the application was unable to start correctly0xc0000142 click ok to close the...
  6. App keeps launching automatically at start-up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    App keeps launching automatically at start-up: I have installed Zoom but this app launches automatically taking over my screen.I don’t know how to stop it. Can you help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-keeps-launching-automatically-at-start-up/4f228a80-69ed-4535-ba8a-38170a143c71
  7. explorer is not launching on windows cold start up.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    explorer is not launching on windows cold start up.: On starting my laptop from a complete shut down and logging in, i only see a command shell window, i have to run explorer.exe in the command shell for it to come up. any suggestions on a fix? or what is possibly causing the problem?...
  8. Excel and Access automatically launch on Windows 10 start

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel and Access automatically launch on Windows 10 start: From about 3 days ago whenever I start Windows 10 several instances of Excel and Access are automatically launched. I have checked the Startup Apps and there are no Office apps in the list. How do I find what is causing these apps to launch? 135063
  9. Excel and Access automatically launch on Windows 10 start

in Windows 10 Support
    Excel and Access automatically launch on Windows 10 start: From about 3 days ago whenever I start Windows 10 several instances of Excel and Access are automatically launched. I have checked the Startup Apps and there are no Office apps in the list. How do I find what is causing these apps to launch? 135063
  10. Stop Microsoft edge launching on start up?

in Browsers and Email
    Stop Microsoft edge launching on start up?: At least I assume it launches on start up since when I try to run ccleaner it says it will have to close edge and is that OK, if I say yes it simply hangs up forever on trying to close it. Does it launch automatically on start up? If so can I prevent this? Its not showing in...