Windows 10: Excel model fails to open

Discus and support Excel model fails to open in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Windows Version: bWindows 10 Home V1909 running on HP Spectre I am currently in the process of establishing a clean system which has involved... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Catfelix, Feb 8, 2021.

1. Catfelix Win User

Excel model fails to open

Windows Version: bWindows 10 Home V1909 running on HP Spectre

I am currently in the process of establishing a clean system which has involved reinstalling Windows and I am now in the process to reinstalling my applications. I have a fairly large complex Excel model which I previously ( and intend to again) run as an Addin. It uses a number of different libraries and objects from different sources. I am reinstalling this application on two machines the HP referred to above and an ACER laptop. After some considerable difficulty I have finally succeeded in reinstalling the application successfully on the Acer. However, even though I have checked numerous times and have convinced myself that all the components that needed registration on the Acer have also been registered on the HP, the HP seems still not to be able to load some components because they are not on that machine. There are no "Missing References".

When I launch the .xlam file (which at this point is not added to the Addins) nothing happens. The application should first exceute a Workbook_Open event which in the first few lines of code makes an entry into the registry. This entry is not made indicating that no execution is taking place. How can I try and track down where the problem lies?

I have (after disabling macros) tried to make code alterations but am prevented from from saving any alterations. This is a large application consisting of tens of thousands of lines of code and i am at a bit of a loss to know where to start.

When I was experiencing similar problems on the Acer, at least there I was able to execute the Workbook_Open event manually from the IDE. But on the HP I am prevented from doing so.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

:)

Catfelix, Feb 8, 2021

2. Excel isn't opening properly

Hello BradBoner

Does the error pop up as soon as you click on the Excel program to open or once the Excel is opened?

Try the steps below and check if it helps:

Step 1:

Try to open Excel in safe mode and check if it opens:

· Hold Windows key + R.

· Copy and paste, or type the following command in the Open box, and then press Enter:

Excel /safe

Note: There is space between Excel and/

If the issue does not occur in Excel safe, then try to disable add-ins associated with Excel 2013 and check the result.

· Click on File menu, Options and then Add-ins.

· Click on Go button besides Manage: Com-in Add.

· Check if there are add-ins listed, clear the checkbox to disable them.

Step 2:

If the above step fails, try the step below:

Right click on Excel (.exe) > Properties > Compatibility > uncheck all the boxes, click Ok and check if it helps.

To access Excel (.exe), open the following location:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office15\Excel.exe

Or

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\Root\Office15\Excel.exe

Try to open Excel and check if it opens.

Source:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/foru...

Hope this information can help you

Adis R. Asesora Independient

Adis Rivero, Feb 8, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    CSV files used to open in Excel....not now!

Hi, you say Excel is installed. Does it run normally?

You can't find Excel in (an unspecified) list of applications. I don't know which list that is for sure.

For example, in the list related to:
    - rt click a file. Open With
    - this list:

Excel model fails to open [​IMG]

- this list:

Excel model fails to open [​IMG]

- some other list...

If Excel does not appear in the above, I suggest you repair your office installation.

Maybe the above gives you some ideas. Otherwise please post a screenshot of where you think you should see it but don't. Thanks.

dalchina, Feb 8, 2021
  4. Excel model fails to open

I cannot open any of my Office files; Word, Excel, Powerpoint

You can open old Office files with these settings | PCWorld

Maybe the steps here will let you open your old office files?

sdowney717, Feb 8, 2021
Thema:

Excel model fails to open

1. Excel model fails to open - Similar Threads - Excel model fails

2. Excel not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Excel not opening: I have a question about ExcelThe following message appears when I try to open Excel. We are sorry, but Excel has run into an error that is preventing it from working correctly. Excel will need to close as a result. Would you like us to repair now". When I press the "Repair...
  3. Excel not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Excel not opening: I have a question about ExcelThe following message appears when I try to open Excel. We are sorry, but Excel has run into an error that is preventing it from working correctly. Excel will need to close as a result. Would you like us to repair now". When I press the "Repair...
  4. Excel app not opened!

Excel app not opened!: Idk what I did but I can't open any Microsoft related apps, tried reinstalled didn't work. I think it could be a virus but id a scan and found nothing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excel-app-not-opened/a134d506-e03b-4015-b34d-6828c06acd4f
  5. Excel app not opened!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Excel app not opened!: Idk what I did but I can't open any Microsoft related apps, tried reinstalled didn't work. I think it could be a virus but id a scan and found nothing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excel-app-not-opened/a134d506-e03b-4015-b34d-6828c06acd4f
  6. Excelling at failing Excel

Excelling at failing Excel: First off, I’m an Excel idiot. I use Word exclusively, and only use Excel when it’s someone else’s document and I don’t have a choice. Now would be one of those times. I do want to learn, but right now, I’m an idiot. At work, there’s an Excel spreadsheet that freezes when...
  7. Opening Saved Excel,

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Opening Saved Excel,: I have a file saved in Excel and was just wandering if there was any way to program this file to open in full screen?There are times when I open this file and just the resizing and closing buttons are displayed....
  8. Opening Saved Excel,

Opening Saved Excel,: I have a file saved in Excel and was just wandering if there was any way to program this file to open in full screen?There are times when I open this file and just the resizing and closing buttons are displayed....
  9. Excelling at failing Excel

Excelling at failing Excel: First off, I’m an Excel idiot. I use Word exclusively, and only use Excel when it’s someone else’s document and I don’t have a choice. Now would be one of those times. I do want to learn, but right now, I’m an idiot. At work, there’s an Excel spreadsheet that freezes when...
  10. open box/display model

in Windows 10 Customization
    open box/display model: I recently purchased a out of box display model from the store got it home tried to do some online classes but it kicks me off in a couple of minutes with no activity I looked in the settings and saw multiple apps containing retail demo but It would not let me uninstall. just...