Windows 10: Excel not opening even after updating with latest version

Discus and support Excel not opening even after updating with latest version in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; No able to open the new created files from right click on the desktop. Uninstalled and reinstalled Office 365 but no success!!.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Parth J, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Parth J Win User

Excel not opening even after updating with latest version

No able to open the new created files from right click on the desktop.

Uninstalled and reinstalled Office 365 but no success!!.

:)

Parth J, Apr 22, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

CSV files used to open in Excel....not now!

Hi, you say Excel is installed. Does it run normally?

You can't find Excel in (an unspecified) list of applications. I don't know which list that is for sure.

For example, in the list related to:
    - rt click a file. Open With
    - this list:

Excel not opening even after updating with latest version [​IMG]

- this list:

Excel not opening even after updating with latest version [​IMG]

- some other list...

If Excel does not appear in the above, I suggest you repair your office installation.

Maybe the above gives you some ideas. Otherwise please post a screenshot of where you think you should see it but don't. Thanks.

dalchina, Apr 22, 2020
  3. Excel isn't opening properly

Hello BradBoner

Does the error pop up as soon as you click on the Excel program to open or once the Excel is opened?

Try the steps below and check if it helps:

Step 1:

Try to open Excel in safe mode and check if it opens:

· Hold Windows key + R.

· Copy and paste, or type the following command in the Open box, and then press Enter:

Excel /safe

Note: There is space between Excel and/

If the issue does not occur in Excel safe, then try to disable add-ins associated with Excel 2013 and check the result.

· Click on File menu, Options and then Add-ins.

· Click on Go button besides Manage: Com-in Add.

· Check if there are add-ins listed, clear the checkbox to disable them.

Step 2:

If the above step fails, try the step below:

Right click on Excel (.exe) > Properties > Compatibility > uncheck all the boxes, click Ok and check if it helps.

To access Excel (.exe), open the following location:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office15\Excel.exe

Or

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\Root\Office15\Excel.exe

Try to open Excel and check if it opens.

Source:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/foru...

Hope this information can help you

Adis R. Asesora Independient

Adis Rivero, Apr 22, 2020
  4. Win7ine Win User

Pinned and last opened Word/Excel Documents now not showing anymore

This Windows Update messed up the through right click activated Context list above the application icons of Word/Excel in the taskbar of previously pinned and last opened documents. Simply the lists are gone and are not re-populating either. Verified on two machines so far, latest Office version 1811 - Build 11029.20079

Win7ine, Apr 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Excel not opening even after updating with latest version - Similar Threads - Excel opening updating

2. Latest graphics driver lagging after even update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latest graphics driver lagging after even update: Hello today i opened intel graphics command center and therr i noticed tht it was saying "youre using old driver.pls update" so i updated it manually but my pc is lagging so much after updating manually.pls help me with this issue...
  3. Latest graphics driver lagging after even update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latest graphics driver lagging after even update: Hello today i opened intel graphics command center and therr i noticed tht it was saying "youre using old driver.pls update" so i updated it manually but my pc is lagging so much after updating manually.pls help me with this issue...
  4. Problem after updating Windows to latest version

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem after updating Windows to latest version: I used Wireless connection all the time, now when I dated to this latest version, I can't find any network. It says I have to use some Ethernet cable and there is no other option and I definitely do not want to buy a cable to stretch from my room to the internet room, is...
  5. Can't open Excel 2007 after latest windows update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't open Excel 2007 after latest windows update.: After the latest windows 10 update, Excel won't open. I have the CD to try a reinstallation of Excel but my current computer doesn't have a CD reader installed. I can install the CD reader from my old computer but I really don't want to waste my time if it's unlikely to work....
  6. Laggy after update to latest version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laggy after update to latest version: Why am I the only one experiencing a lag in my laptop here and there after i updated the latest software? I know it was supposed to be smoother but for my case it didn't. When I tried to use any of the Microsoft Office like Word Docu, Powerpoint, it ended up lagging. I tried...
  7. Not Updating to Latest Version

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Not Updating to Latest Version: Hi. My laptop has been stuck at "Downloading 0%" for the KB4522355 (OS Build 18362.449) update all week now (I now have the previous version I think it was 18362.418). Is there a way to force the update or to make it restart the attempt to update again? 143748
  8. After Windows Update, EXCEL files will not open!

After Windows Update, EXCEL files will not open!: After Windows Update, EXCEL files will not open! I can see the XLS spreadsheets in the file preview window but get this error when attempting to open them: Sorry, we couldn't find C:/.....xls. Is it possible it was moved, renamed or deleted? I can see it in the preview...
  9. after last update no excel files will open

after last update no excel files will open: get the following error - [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/after-last-update-no-excel-files-will-open/5bbdb225-def5-4c59-95c9-f92bb5d66e6a
  10. Latest update crashes Office (Excel) files.

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Latest update crashes Office (Excel) files.: Hi, This morning I realised Win 10 updated itself overnight. In doing so it has caused serious problems with my old trustworthy Office XP. I can't open any files or enter any data as all files crash. I have uninstalled and re-installed (with restarts) twice but it doesn't fix...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. excel is not opening