Windows 10: Excel PivotTables just got personal

Discus and support Excel PivotTables just got personal in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; As part of this month’s update, a new Excel feature gives you the ability to personalize the default layout for your PivotTables. Enabling users to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, May 15, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Excel PivotTables just got personal

Source: PivotTables just got personal - Office Blogs

:)

Brink, May 15, 2017
  2. AllenS10 Win User

Windows 10 File Explorer Jump Lists

Just got the latest updates on my Surface Book and now the 'recent' section of my File Explorer Jump List is gone. I have turned the setting in Personalization off, rebooted, turned it on, rebooted and still no joy. This section is working on Excel and
    Word. Help!?

AllenS10, May 15, 2017
  3. Exactly which features are not supported on Excel Mobile?

All right, this has bugged me quite a bit and I've found about as close of an answer as I feel I'm going to find at the following URL:

Differences between using a workbook in the browser and in Excel

Features fully-supported when opening a workbook
    The following table describes features that are fully supported when you open a workbook in the browser:

Feature
    Comments

Functions
    All Excel worksheet functions, with a few exceptions. For more information, see
    Differences in worksheet functions in this article.

Dates
    The Windows and Macintosh date systems.

Excel tables
    Excel table data, column headers, calculated columns, total rows, structured references, and styles.

Cells
    Cell values, including merged cells and cell content overflow.

Names
    Defined names and named ranges.

Calculation
    Calculation and recalculation settings, including automatic, automatic except tables, manual and iterative calculation settings for ranges or entire worksheets.

Charts
    In general, charts, chart ranges, and PivotChart reports are fully supported when you open a workbook in the browser. However, you cannot open a chart in a workbook in the browser if that chart is part of a group of charts. In addition, you cannot open
    a chart in a workbook in the browser if the chart contains external references.

Formatting
    Cell and cell range formatting, in workbooks, and number formats. In addition, conditional formatting is supported.

Connections
    Connections to external data sources, including OLAP PivotTables.

What-if analysis tools
    The results of using Goal Seek, Data Tables, Solver, and Series analysis tools.

Consolidation
    Consolidated data from ranges.

Data sources
    SQL Server, OLAP providers, OLEDB providers, and ODBC drivers. Note that not all data from external sources can be refreshed on the server.

External References
    Excel Services not update external references (links). Instead, it displays the last known value for the reference.

Slicers
    Slicers that were created in an Excel 2010 workbook can be displayed. However, if a workbook in the browser contains one or more slicers that are part of a group, you cannot open the workbook.

Sparklines
    Sparklines that were created in an Excel 2010 workbook can be displayed.

Features that prevent a workbook from being opened
    The following table describes features that prevent a workbook from being opened in the browser. To open a workbook that utilizes any of these features, open it in Excel.

Feature
    Comments

Legacy macro languages
    Microsoft Excel 4.0 Macro Functions and Microsoft 5.0 dialog sheets.

Controls
    Form toolbar controls, Toolbox controls, and all ActiveX controls.

XML
    XML maps and embedded smart tags.

Security and privacy
    Workbooks, worksheets, or ranges with protection, and workbooks that have Information Rights Management (IRM).

Ink
    All ink features including drawing, writing, and annotations.

OLE and DDE
    Object Linking and Embedding (OLE) objects and Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE) links.

Displayed formulas
    Workbooks saved with the formulas that are displayed.

Data validation
    Preventing invalid data entry and creating drop-down lists.

Data sources
    Data retrieval services for Microsoft Business Solutions, Windows SharePoint Services lists, Microsoft SQL Server, external data ranges (also called query tables), and tables linked to Windows SharePoint Services lists.

Queries
    Parameterized query tables.

External references to UDFs
    External references (links) to user-defined functions (UDFs) in internal VBA projects, or UDFs in add-ins.

Comments
    Display of and adjustment of comments.

Consolidation
    Consolidated data from PivotTable reports.

Digital signatures
    Visible and invisible digital signatures in a workbook.

Attached toolbars
    Custom toolbars attached to the workbook by using Office Excel 2003 before the workbook was converted to Excel 2007.

PivotTables
    PivotTables that are based on the Scenario analysis tool. In addition, you cannot open PivotTables that are based on ADO recordsets, or PivotTables that contain server-based page fields.

Scenario manager
    Workbooks that contain scenarios that were defined by using the Scenario Manager feature.

Cell watches
    Workbooks that use the Watch Window to monitor and report on cell contents.

Certain custom document properties
    Workbooks that contain document properties that sync to changes in a cell.

Pivot tables with uncommitted writeback.
    Workbooks that contain PivotTables with uncommitted writeback operations.

Excel PivotTables just got personal [​IMG]

Top of Page

Differences in worksheet functions
    The following table describes the differences in return values for those functions with limited support in the browser.

Function
    Return value in Excel
    Return value in the browser

HYPERLINK
    An active link that you can click and follow

One of the following:

• An active link that you can click and follow, if the All Workbook Interactivity and
      Workbook Navigation properties are configured.
    • An active link to another Web page or document. If the All Workbook Interactivity property is configured, but the
      Workbook Navigation property is not, you can click and follow this link, but not to a location in the workbook.
    • An inactive link text string that you cannot follow, if the All Workbook Interactivity and
      Workbook Navigation properties are not configured.

RTD
    Real-time data from a program that supports COM automation
    If there are values stored in the workbook that have been returned by the RTD function, those values are displayed.

If there are no values stored in the workbook that have been returned, a #N/A error is returned.

If, upon recalculation, an attempt is made to start the RTD function, a #N/A error is returned.

SQL.Request
    The results of a query that is connected to an external data source
    If there are values stored in the workbook that have been returned by the SQL.Request function, those values are displayed.

If there are no values stored in the workbook that have been returned, a #N/A error is returned.

If, upon recalculation, an attempt is made to start the SQL.Request function, a #N/A error is returned.

CHAR
    A character specified by a number, and a block character for a nonprinting character.
    A character specified by a number, and a blank value for a nonprinting character.

CELL
    Information about the formatting, location, or contents of the upper-left cell in a reference.
    Information about the formatting, location, or contents of the upper-left cell in a reference.

Cell information about color, file name, format, parentheses, prefix, protect, and width is not supported and returns a #VALUE! Error.

INFO
    The path of the current directory or folder on the client computer.
    A #VALUE! error.

The following volatile functions might return different values when they are calculated on a server computer for a workbook in the browser than when they are calculated in Excel on a client computer.

Function
    Return value in client
    Return value in the browser

NOW
    The date and time on your client computer.
    The date and time on the server computer.

TODAY
    The date on your client computer.
    The date on the server computer.

RAND, RANDBETWEEN
    A random and therefore different number each time it is run.
    A random and therefore different number each time it is run.

northtrader, May 15, 2017
Thema:

Excel PivotTables just got personal

1. Excel PivotTables just got personal - Similar Threads - Excel PivotTables got

2. My account got hacked by a random person

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My account got hacked by a random person: My account got hacked this November 8, 2023 at 5:46 am the hacker using hotgmail.com https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-account-got-hacked-by-a-random-person/4529c6d4-7bc9-4138-adf0-c21ba86b42d5
  3. I just got my new laptop with Windows 11. After going through Personalization and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just got my new laptop with Windows 11. After going through Personalization and...: System: Windows 11I have tried the first 3 steps in this article: https://www.makeuseof.com/windows-11-missing-desktop-icons/#:~:text=Enable%20Show%20Desktop%20Icons&text=Right%2Dclick%20anywhere%20on%20an,hidden%20desktop%20icons%20should%20reappear. 1. Enable Show Desktop...
  4. I just got my new laptop with Windows 11. After going through Personalization and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I just got my new laptop with Windows 11. After going through Personalization and...: System: Windows 11I have tried the first 3 steps in this article: https://www.makeuseof.com/windows-11-missing-desktop-icons/#:~:text=Enable%20Show%20Desktop%20Icons&text=Right%2Dclick%20anywhere%20on%20an,hidden%20desktop%20icons%20should%20reappear. 1. Enable Show Desktop...
  5. Just got win 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Just got win 10: I wanted to use word for something and what I found is that there is this app Office that limits you so hard and then when I try to create new word document offline it says that it just can't and I have to be online to do so. How is it so that you pay for crap like this? Or...
  6. Just got black screened.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Just got black screened.: It all started when I noticed that my command prompt opens only for a split second then nothing (even when runs as a admin), i made a bit of search it says that I should remove a autorun thing that was connected to a malware so I removed it and all good the cmd opens. Now...
  7. Just got a BSOD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Just got a BSOD: So I've just gotten another BSOD, anyone know what caused this? I had a BSOD previously as well and posted my minidump, I was told that my previous BSOD was caused by malwarebytes, but idk about this one. Here's my minidump:...
  8. Can you just get Excel?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Can you just get Excel?: Can you just get Excel for Windows 10 without all the other stuff that comes with Office? 128121
  9. Just got Elite Dangerous

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Just got Elite Dangerous: from Steam £4.99. I presume its single play, dont like multiplay. Tried training target practise, keeping ship on target was the hardest. 100876
  10. the edge just got hijacked

in Browsers and Email
    the edge just got hijacked: i am using chrome right now but earlier i was working with edge and went to find something thru Bing and the next thing i know is that this blue screen comes up saying to dial this 844# and prevent any further problems with ordering online or working on thru the internet...