Windows 10: Excel Problem With Old Office 2010 on New Windows 10 Computer

Discus and support Excel Problem With Old Office 2010 on New Windows 10 Computer in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; So I downloaded Office 2010 onto my new computer using the original key, and it all seems to be working except: When I double click on an excel... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by windose, Jan 28, 2020.

1. windose Win User

Excel Problem With Old Office 2010 on New Windows 10 Computer

So I downloaded Office 2010 onto my new computer using the original key, and it all seems to be working except:

When I double click on an excel filename it opens excel, but not the file. I get a window with all the icons in the frame, but the icons are greyed out, and the whitespace where the spreadsheet goes is missing, and all grey. The same happens if I use a desktop shortcut. However, if I click File > Open > [filename] it all works fine. This only occurs on Excel, Word will open correctly from either method. If I right-click the Excel icon on the task bar there's no recent file list, but there is with Word.

IIRC, Excel was working at first with a test file I'd downloaded from the web, but I'm not sure whether the problem started when I first used one of my own files or after I had set up a user account as well as the original admin a/c.

Thanks.

:)

windose, Jan 28, 2020

2. Recover office 2010

I have new Office 365 programs but in order to create files in Excel from QuickBooks, Excel 2010 must be installed on my computer. I can not find my original disk to reinstall. Any suggestions?

DebbieDial, Jan 28, 2020
  3. Office 2010

Done a clean install of windows 10 on a new PC. Installed my Office 2010, but now I can not open some of my excel files. They are designated XLSX, and when I try to choose a app to open them excel is not listed. I need these files, anyone got ideas. Thanks.

bluestringer, Jan 28, 2020
  4. Excel Problem With Old Office 2010 on New Windows 10 Computer

Use Office 2010 on New Windows 10 Computer

I had it previously installed on my Windows 7 machine, which I then upgraded to Windows 10.

One thing that I have forgotten to mention is that a couple of Windows updates have broken Excel for a short time, but they were quickly fixed. I don't know if this was unique to Office 2010 or just a quirk in Windows 10, but over all, I have had no real issues running Office 2010 on Windows 10.

Also, one of the guys in the office did a reinstall of Windows 10, and then installed his copy of Office 2010 with no hiccups, and all of the Office updates went in fine. I don't think you'll have any problems.

Gurn Blanston, Jan 28, 2020
Thema:

Excel Problem With Old Office 2010 on New Windows 10 Computer

1. Excel Problem With Old Office 2010 on New Windows 10 Computer - Similar Threads - Excel Problem Old

2. Excel 2010

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Excel 2010: I want to freeze the top 6 rows and columns 1, 2, and 3, I got it to do more than that but I want just the one I have mentioned. It is critical to the project I am working on, if I can't, I will have to think of something else. Is this even possible????...
  3. Excel 2010

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Excel 2010: I want to freeze the top 6 rows and columns 1, 2, and 3, I got it to do more than that but I want just the one I have mentioned. It is critical to the project I am working on, if I can't, I will have to think of something else. Is this even possible????...
  4. Excel 2010

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Office 2010 - save problem.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Office 2010 - save problem.: So. Do you have Office 2010 installed under Windows 10? „Save as” and „Save” option doesn't work? Have you clicked File->Options->Save and when you click „Browse” button any window doesn't appears? Check, if your system has an option „High Contrast” enabled. If so, disable...
  6. New windows 10 and problems entering product key for old 2010 office and student

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New windows 10 and problems entering product key for old 2010 office and student: I have entered my product key 3 times and always its fails to be accepted after 2 - 3 mins. Is this because the new windows 10 does not support this old procuct key...
  7. Office 2010 Excel: two sheets

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 2010 Excel: two sheets: I have Office 2010 and I know there is some trick to do this, but I cannot find it anywhere. I have two monitors and at work I have the same setup. Person who use to work there I heard said it was a hack that they added to my system so I don't know what that is. Here is what...
  8. Windows 10 upgrade problem - Unable to open excel file created in office 2010 in windows 8.1

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 upgrade problem - Unable to open excel file created in office 2010 in windows 8.1: About a month ago I upgraded my OS from windows 8.1 to windows 10. I am unable to open excel file created in office 2010 with the previous OS i.e windows 8.1. When I click on the file a message is seen " file LNP.xlsx cannot open because the file format or extension is not...
  9. Excel Office 2010 error 2147417848 in Windows 10 1809

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Excel Office 2010 error 2147417848 in Windows 10 1809: After the upgrade to Windows 10 1809 on a HP Pavilion Power Laptop 15-cb0xx 64 bits 8 GB Excel 2010 is giving problems. On different places in my macros I have errorcode 2147417848, randomly with commands copy, paste and clear. Also found: 'Automatiseringsfout. Er is een...
  10. Use Office 2010 on New Windows 10 Computer

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Use Office 2010 on New Windows 10 Computer: I am very happy running Microsoft Office on my Windows 7 desktop. I only use Word and Excel. I got a new Windows 10 desktop and it came with a Key for Office 365. I installed it, but I really don't want to learn the new versions of Word and Excel. Can I get or buy Word...