Windows 10: Excel spaces between rows

Discus and support Excel spaces between rows in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hi,, I have a col that is the result of an if function. =IF(H105="a",B105,"") Which results in a col of names in col O if there is an "a" in col H. But... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by donnylad, Sep 7, 2018.

1. donnylad Win User

Excel spaces between rows

Hi,, I have a col that is the result of an if function.
    =IF(H105="a",B105,"")
    Which results in a col of names in col O if there is an "a" in col H.
    But if it is not an "a" it is a space, how can I do it so that all the spaces are removed
    and I end up with a col of names with no spaces please.
    Len

:)

donnylad, Sep 7, 2018
  2. Word Man Win User

Entering row in Excel - error

How many rows of the spreadsheet are you using? If every row has something in it, then you can't have any more rows. My version of Excel has 1,048,576 rows in a spreadsheet and I've never filled one.

If you go to the last row you think you are using and delete every row below that (if there are any), you should then be able to insert rows at the top.

Which version of Excel are you in? I think Excel 2003 and earlier only had 65536 rows available.

Word Man, Sep 7, 2018
  3. Bree Win User
    Entering row in Excel - error

In Excel the Ctrl+End key combination will take you to the last cell in the last row that you are actually using. You may have inadvertently put something in a row far beyond what you think you are using.

Bree, Sep 7, 2018
  4. Excel spaces between rows

the top row is not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To better understand your query, please reply:

1. What do you mean by "top row not working" not working? Are you referring to keyboard top row keys?

I would suggest you to go to the safe mode and see if the problem persists.

To go to Safe mode follow the steps below:

• Click on Windows key, and in the Power Options click on Restart while pressing the shift key.

• A blue screen will appear with a few options.

Click on Troubleshoot > Advanced Settings > Startup Settings > Restart.

• Your system will automatically restart, press 4 or F4 key to go to the Safe Mode.
    Awaiting your response.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

Excel spaces between rows

1. Excel spaces between rows - Similar Threads - Excel spaces between

2. lock first row of shred file excel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lock first row of shred file excel: Hi all, I need to lock not freeze the first row or some specific cell in shared excel https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-first-row-of-shred-file-excel/bd16ed1e-37be-4597-b948-03295aee8419
  3. lock first row of shred file excel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lock first row of shred file excel: Hi all, I need to lock not freeze the first row or some specific cell in shared excel https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-first-row-of-shred-file-excel/bd16ed1e-37be-4597-b948-03295aee8419
  4. Directory Lists: Less space between rows; more rows of data on screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Directory Lists: Less space between rows; more rows of data on screen: Using Windows 11 and viewing directories, one sees a vertical space between the rows, which consist of icons and text. In Windows 11, can that space between the rows be reduced so that more lines of information may be seen on the screen?...
  5. Directory Lists: Less space between rows; more rows of data on screen

Directory Lists: Less space between rows; more rows of data on screen: Using Windows 11 and viewing directories, one sees a vertical space between the rows, which consist of icons and text. In Windows 11, can that space between the rows be reduced so that more lines of information may be seen on the screen?...
  6. Windows Display Scaling Changes Excel Column and Row Count

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Display Scaling Changes Excel Column and Row Count: Hello.After almost 4 years of using my old laptop, I have recently upgraded to a new laptop with a larger screen. On my previous device, the "Scale and layout" setting was set to 100% as was recommended, while on the new device, it is set to 125% as is recommended. Upon...
  7. Space in between task bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Space in between task bar: I turned on my computer to find a space around half of a app tall between my task bar and the rest on my apps anyone know a fix? submitted by /u/RJJJJJJJ710 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j9opoh/space_in_between_task_bar/
  8. Only certain rows in excel has reversed row number and doesnt accept any text to the cells...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Only certain rows in excel has reversed row number and doesnt accept any text to the cells...: Hi, I am using Excel on Macbook. Recently, the issue started happening. Certain group of Rows has below issue: 01 The Row-number appears in a mirror opposite manner. 02 Fields of the rows with the issue of point01 don't accept any text. Thanks for the help....
  9. Output Excel value from undefined row?

Output Excel value from undefined row?: Hello, I have the following problem: I want Excel to display a value from column "C" ,say 1; this is no problem. For this I use this: = IF(COUNT IF(C21:C70;1)=1;"Yes";"No"). How do I get it now that from a cell which is in column B next to the 1 is also displayed where the 1...
  10. Entering row in Excel - error

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Entering row in Excel - error: [img] Hello all, So I'm trying to put together a table in Excel which i managed to do, however I need insert 3 lines at the top of the table(above the head of the tabel), but Excel won't allow it. Is anybody familiar with this sort of error? I've been browsing online...