Windows 10: Excel spaces between rows

Discus and support Excel spaces between rows in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hi,, I have a col that is the result of an if function. =IF(H105="a",B105,"") Which results in a col of names in col O if there is an "a" in col H. But... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by donnylad, Sep 7, 2018.

1. donnylad Win User

Excel spaces between rows

Hi,, I have a col that is the result of an if function.
    =IF(H105="a",B105,"")
    Which results in a col of names in col O if there is an "a" in col H.
    But if it is not an "a" it is a space, how can I do it so that all the spaces are removed
    and I end up with a col of names with no spaces please.
    Len

:)

donnylad, Sep 7, 2018
  2. Word Man Win User

Entering row in Excel - error

How many rows of the spreadsheet are you using? If every row has something in it, then you can't have any more rows. My version of Excel has 1,048,576 rows in a spreadsheet and I've never filled one.

If you go to the last row you think you are using and delete every row below that (if there are any), you should then be able to insert rows at the top.

Which version of Excel are you in? I think Excel 2003 and earlier only had 65536 rows available.

Word Man, Sep 7, 2018
  3. Bree Win User
    Entering row in Excel - error

In Excel the Ctrl+End key combination will take you to the last cell in the last row that you are actually using. You may have inadvertently put something in a row far beyond what you think you are using.

Bree, Sep 7, 2018
  4. Jesinta Rozario Win User

the top row is not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To better understand your query, please reply:

1. What do you mean by "top row not working" not working? Are you referring to keyboard top row keys?

I would suggest you to go to the safe mode and see if the problem persists.

To go to Safe mode follow the steps below:

• Click on Windows key, and in the Power Options click on Restart while pressing the shift key.

• A blue screen will appear with a few options.

Click on Troubleshoot > Advanced Settings > Startup Settings > Restart.

• Your system will automatically restart, press 4 or F4 key to go to the Safe Mode.
    Awaiting your response.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Excel spaces between rows - Similar Threads - Excel spaces between

2. Typing Problem: Spaces between letters; language issue?

in Windows 10 Support
    Typing Problem: Spaces between letters; language issue?: I am having trouble with typing on Windows 10 version 1709. Text appears as courier font, heavily spaced, and a drop down box usually appears showing letter options in other languages (though sometimes the box is blank). At first it was normal when using chrome, but now it...
  3. Customise the spacing between folders when open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Customise the spacing between folders when open: Hi guys, is it possible to customise the spacing between the 1st folder and the subsequent folders when open? Currently the 2nd folder open is too close to the 1st folder (refer to image 1) Change from image 1 to image 2 100890
  4. Increase space between a set of taskbar icons?

Increase space between a set of taskbar icons?: Let's say I have 20 icons (small) equally spaced within the taskbar and that the last three on the right end all have to do with turning the computer on/off/sleep. I'd like to be able to put in a space or two that will separate these last three from the other 17 icons on the...
  5. change spacing between icons in Settings

change spacing between icons in Settings: Is there a way to change spacing between these? I takes up the whole screen on a small laptop. [img] 94687
  6. Entering row in Excel - error

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Entering row in Excel - error: [img] Hello all, So I'm trying to put together a table in Excel which i managed to do, however I need insert 3 lines at the top of the table(above the head of the tabel), but Excel won't allow it. Is anybody familiar with this sort of error? I've been browsing online...
  7. Space between, "Desktop Icons" and "Windows toolbar"

in Windows 10 Support
    Space between, "Desktop Icons" and "Windows toolbar": hi there, unfortunately there is this 1 cm gap between my "Desktop Icons" and "Windows toolbar" and i have searched on google but didn't find anything, have anyone has ever crossed such issue before? there... i added an screenshot, thank u very much for your attention....
  8. Large space between icons on bottom toolbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Large space between icons on bottom toolbar: Instead of the icons being right next to each other on my bottom toolbar, there is about a one inch gap between them; anyway to get them to be right next to each other, the way they always have been? thanks! 7019
  9. How to increase spacing between icon and filename

in Windows 10 Support
    How to increase spacing between icon and filename: hey guys, i've searched the net for this but found no solution can anybody explain to me how to increase the spacing at the arrow shown at the picture [img] the spacing between the filename and icon is too narrow, example if the folder has picture [img] Any help is...
  10. How to reduce spacing between icons in the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to reduce spacing between icons in the taskbar?: Have my Win10 taskbar on the right side. Set small icons for the task bar. Is there a way to reduce the space between the icons in the taskbar so I can see more icons? 67340