Windows 10: Excel spreadsheet prints differently than what is on screen.

Discus and support Excel spreadsheet prints differently than what is on screen. in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I keep my checkbook on an Excel spreadsheet. I have a balance column that I use formulas =sum(A1:A6) etc to keep a running balance. Everything looks... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by ladyovr60, Feb 19, 2017.

1. ladyovr60 Win User

Excel spreadsheet prints differently than what is on screen.

I keep my checkbook on an Excel spreadsheet. I have a balance column that I use formulas =sum(A1:A6) etc to keep a running balance. Everything looks fine on the spreadsheet. But when I ask for a print preview those cells it show the formula rather than the amounts. What causes this and how do I fix it?

Thanks Kathy

:)

ladyovr60, Feb 19, 2017
  2. SmilinRay Win User

Can my problem be the eXcel sheet?

I moved eXcel spreadsheets from my old computer and now they don't print the correct colors. The print preview shows what is in the spreadsheet but it does not print what is shown. Has anyone seen this? Is there a setting in my (new?) eXcel?

Thanks

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

SmilinRay, Feb 19, 2017
  3. HP iPAQ hx2790 Pocket PC

So, if I make the file on vista when i save it save it as a .doc file instead of a .wps file? What about excel and vista spreadsheet, excel is .xls spreadsheet is different.

Thanks

Bonnie1122, Feb 19, 2017
  4. Excel spreadsheet prints differently than what is on screen.

Hi Kathy

Not a good answer but my experience.

First thing to check is that your product is fully up to date. When you are in spreadsheet click on file, almost at the bottom, left side, is "account", click on it. On the right it will tell you how updates are being delivered. You can always check for updates.

I find that print preview is not the most reliable view. I've found false formatting, borders in particular, cells showing two small for numbers all displayed incorrectly. I now use it for basic layout and tend to ignore the details. I run 2013 fully patched. You said it shows that way on print preview, have you tried printing a page.

There are methods to print formulas but you said the sheet looks okay before you go to Print Preview, so I don't think that is the issue.

If you print does it print correctly?

Caledon Ken, Feb 20, 2017
Thema:

Excel spreadsheet prints differently than what is on screen.

1. Excel spreadsheet prints differently than what is on screen. - Similar Threads - Excel spreadsheet prints

2. Excel won't print the Capital Letter A in spreadsheet!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Excel won't print the Capital Letter A in spreadsheet!!: Has anyone else have this problem? The document shows fine in print preview, but when it prints, all the capital letter A's are missing. I've searched the forum but can't find any questions that relate to this one....
  3. Excel won't print the Capital Letter A in spreadsheet!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Excel won't print the Capital Letter A in spreadsheet!!: Has anyone else have this problem? The document shows fine in print preview, but when it prints, all the capital letter A's are missing. I've searched the forum but can't find any questions that relate to this one....
  4. Excel won't print the Capital Letter A in spreadsheet!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Excel 2013 spreadsheets

in Windows 10 Customization
    Excel 2013 spreadsheets: I am having hick-ups in my spreadsheets, ie, copying, pasting, inserting, etc. How can this be resolved? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excel-2013-spreadsheets/40ceb777-1a23-4ff3-a8f4-f7f9ac5b6bb0
  6. Excel spreadsheet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Excel spreadsheet: I can no longer copy my credit card statement into an Excel worksheet so that each charged item appears in a single horizontal cell like I used to be able to do. Instead, the entire list of charges appears in a single vertical row. What can I do?...
  7. EXCEL print large wide spreadsheet sideways and continuously

in Microsoft Office and 365
    EXCEL print large wide spreadsheet sideways and continuously: Hi folks Anybody know how to get EXCEL (2019) I'm using but any version from 2007 should also be the same - to be able to print a spreadsheet with many columns "Sideways" - In other words the columns will be rotated by 90 degrees decently with out headers page breaks etc....
  8. How to open an Excel spreadsheet protected by bitlocker on a different PC.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to open an Excel spreadsheet protected by bitlocker on a different PC.: I created an Excel spreadsheet on a W10 Pro SSD drive that is protected by bitlocker. I then copied it onto a USB drive (not protected by bitlocker) and when I try to open it on a different W10 Pro PC, I get Error 0x80071771: The specified file could not be decrypted. I...
  9. Excel Spreadsheet

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Excel Spreadsheet: A simple xlsm spreadsheet suddenly stopped loading. Clicking on the icon to load, and alternatively clicking on the file itself, the green EXCEL screen shows, It asks to update links, answer as previously is Dont update, then the screen remains blank and nothing happens....
  10. Printing a spreadsheet

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printing a spreadsheet: I can print anything EXCEPT an EXCEL spreadsheet. Please help me print the spreadsheet. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printing-a-spreadsheet/cd3f68eb-3bb0-4c5c-9988-5aae170554fc

Users found this page by searching for:

1. excel spreadsheets prints differnetly on my computer

2. excel chart prints differntly than on screen

3. excel spreadsheet does not print as displayed on screen using Windows 10

4. make cells print differntly than shown in excel,
  5. spacing in excel prints differently than spreadsheet,
  6. my excel spreadsheet prints differently from the original,
  7. why is my excel printing differently to what is on screen?,
  8. my new excel 365 prints differently?