Windows 10: Excel spreadsheet prints ONLY gridlines and NOT font or numbers in cells

Discus and support Excel spreadsheet prints ONLY gridlines and NOT font or numbers in cells in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I'm trying to print a spreadsheet with gridlines, all the prints out are the gridlines and none of the font or numbers. I've tried everything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Vivianmae, Feb 20, 2020.

1. Vivianmae Win User

Excel spreadsheet prints ONLY gridlines and NOT font or numbers in cells

When I'm trying to print a spreadsheet with gridlines, all the prints out are the gridlines and none of the font or numbers.

I've tried everything like copying to another spreadsheet, checking to make sure all is well in print preview & even tried printing it in Word, and nothing prints there. Any ideas?

:)

Vivianmae, Feb 20, 2020
  2. Tomel Win User

Excel 2016 - Random Dark Gridlines in PDF

I've got an Excel 2016 spreadsheet that I am printing using the "Microsoft Print to PDF" option. I want the spreadsheet to show gridlines. Everything works fine except there are four cells in the spreadsheet where the gridlines are significantly darker than is true for all of the other cells. If I uncheck gridlines, all the cells are consistent - no gridlines, borders, or underlines except where I have intentionally placed them.

I guess I could use outline borders on all of the cells to accomplish what I want, but that's a pain. Any solutions?

By the way, the darker gridlines do not appear on the print preview.

Tomel, Feb 20, 2020
  3. Tomel Win User

Excellent suggestions everyone. The bug is in the Microsoft Print to PDF. Here's how I know.

Prints correctly on paper, whether it's printed in color or black and white.

I have Nitro Pro 11 so instead of choosing Microsoft Print to PDF I chose Nitro Pro from the Excel print choices. Nitro Pro created the PDF file without the erroneous lines. All of the gridlines were darker with Nitro Pro, but none of them stood out as different.

A few extra observations. No, there are no formulas in the problem cells. And yes, I had already tried different formats for the problem cells with no change. In fact I deleted the lines with the problem cells and then re-created that part of the spreadsheet. No difference. These were things I tried before the suggestion to try printing hard copies. By the way, I use Microsoft Print to PDF all of the time creating spreadsheets much more complex. I think the bug occurs when using fill color along with Microsoft Print to PDF since this is a combo I rarely use. Can someone with Excel 2016 test my theory?

Thanks for all of the suggestions.

Tomel, Feb 20, 2020
  4. AndreTen Win User

Thanks for clarification.
    It sure is bug. We could try to find out, if it's pdf printer driver bug, or Excel bug. Printing on paper gives similar problem?

Edit: did you tried with trivia experiments? Changing row height for a point? formatting cells as text / numbers? This is MS after all. *Smile

AndreTen, Feb 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Excel spreadsheet prints ONLY gridlines and NOT font or numbers in cells - Similar Threads - Excel spreadsheet prints

2. Excel won't print the Capital Letter A in spreadsheet!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Excel won't print the Capital Letter A in spreadsheet!!: Has anyone else have this problem? The document shows fine in print preview, but when it prints, all the capital letter A's are missing. I've searched the forum but can't find any questions that relate to this one....
  3. Number problem in Excel cell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Number problem in Excel cell: When, I enter a number in one cell,then I enter into another cell.On that time the first cell number become into decimal.example likeex.in Frist cell I enter 25 then I changed cell second one,but the first one became 0.25 like this ,what can I do now ,i think any settings...
  4. Number problem in Excel cell

Number problem in Excel cell: When, I enter a number in one cell,then I enter into another cell.On that time the first cell number become into decimal.example likeex.in Frist cell I enter 25 then I changed cell second one,but the first one became 0.25 like this ,what can I do now ,i think any settings...
  5. Excel spreadsheet average of cells containing multiple variables

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Excel spreadsheet average of cells containing multiple variables: I keep a spreadsheet of blood pressure readings which I give to my GP to enable him to see a better picture of my condition.The format is 119/79/75 125/84/69 107/69/73 114/74/75 135/91/73 126/81/85 128/76/78 137/82/63 124/79/69etc on a daily basis..My GP asked if it would be...
  6. Excel spreadsheet average of cells containing multiple variables

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Excel spreadsheet average of cells containing multiple variables: I keep a spreadsheet of blood pressure readings which I give to my GP to enable him to see a better picture of my condition.The format is 119/79/75 125/84/69 107/69/73 114/74/75 135/91/73 126/81/85 128/76/78 137/82/63 124/79/69etc on a daily basis..My GP asked if it would be...
  7. Excel spreadsheet average of cells containing multiple variables

8. Excel spreadsheet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Excel spreadsheet: I can no longer copy my credit card statement into an Excel worksheet so that each charged item appears in a single horizontal cell like I used to be able to do. Instead, the entire list of charges appears in a single vertical row. What can I do?...
  9. Cell formulas in excel spreadsheets

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cell formulas in excel spreadsheets: Can someone help me to I presume clear formatting in cells. I'm entering a column of numbers in this case planting space guides for vegetables and every once in awhile a random cell will revert to a date. For example, if you look down the column you see 15-30, 40-50, Oct-15...
  10. Excel Spreadsheet

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Excel Spreadsheet: A simple xlsm spreadsheet suddenly stopped loading. Clicking on the icon to load, and alternatively clicking on the file itself, the green EXCEL screen shows, It asks to update links, answer as previously is Dont update, then the screen remains blank and nothing happens....