Windows 10: Excel time calculations

Discus and support Excel time calculations in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I've searched here and the internet and followed examples but still get stuck on this problem. I've a spreadsheet column of hhmm local cities and... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Doc943, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Doc943 Win User

Excel time calculations

I've searched here and the internet and followed examples but still get stuck on this problem.

I've a spreadsheet column of hhmm local cities and times that I want to populate an adjacent cell with UTC hhmm. For example, Melbourne (Aust.) 0900 is (currently) 2300 UTC, 10 hrs difference. I've tried using 10/24ths or the TIME(10,0,0) or MOD function added/subtracted to 0900 but never get 2300. Arghhh. Maybe my cell format is wrong but I've tried all sorts including custom.

Help appreciated. Not an important problem but silently driving me mad *Confused

:)

Doc943, Aug 6, 2018
  2. Theurgist Win User

Excel 2007 copy to Excel Mobile

I have a spreadsheet in Excel 2007 with tons of calculations. I tried to copy this file to my mobile device excel mobile. The spreadsheet copies and works except none of the calculations are there. Any suggestions?

Theurgist, Aug 6, 2018
  3. Calculator

I have upgraded to Windows 10 and have found the following.

With the versions of Calculator up to and including Windows 7 it was possible to copy (Ctrl + C) from Calculator and paste (Ctrl + V) to another application e.g. Excel.

Windows 10 has taken a backwards step because Ctrl + C (copy) from Windows 10 Calculator and Ctrl + V (paste) to Excel does not work.

Any chance of this being corrected, preferably soon, or is this considered a step forward.

'Current operating system' below does not include Windows 10 so I have had to choose 'Other'.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

lewishilary, Aug 6, 2018
  4. malware Win User

Excel time calculations

Microsoft Excel 2007 Calculation Issue Fix Available

Two weeks ago, an issue involving the calculation of numbers around 65,535 and 65,536 has been found in Microsoft Excel 2007. If you try to calculate "=850*77.1" in Excel 2007, it will display an incorrect value, but if you then multiply the result by 2, you will get the correct answer. As of today, fixes for this issue in Excel 2007 and Excel Services 2007 are available for download here. Microsoft is in the process of adding this fix to Microsoft Update so that it will get automatically pushed to users running Excel 2007 or Excel Services 2007. Additionally, the fix will also be contained in the first service pack of Office 2007 when it is released. The release date has not yet been finalized.

Source: MSDN blog

malware, Aug 6, 2018
Thema:

Excel time calculations

1. Excel time calculations - Similar Threads - Excel calculations

2. I did not get Word, Excel, and Powerpoint with my Windows 11. Please help!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I did not get Word, Excel, and Powerpoint with my Windows 11. Please help!!: I did not get Word, Excel, and Powerpoint with my Windows 11. Please help!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-did-not-get-word-excel-and-powerpoint-with-my/da3db45b-a6f3-471e-8a57-6056fca5c053
  3. I did not get Word, Excel, and Powerpoint with my Windows 11. Please help!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I did not get Word, Excel, and Powerpoint with my Windows 11. Please help!!: I did not get Word, Excel, and Powerpoint with my Windows 11. Please help!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-did-not-get-word-excel-and-powerpoint-with-my/da3db45b-a6f3-471e-8a57-6056fca5c053
  4. I purchased excel and it's not showing up on my new laptop. An old device is listed under...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I purchased excel and it's not showing up on my new laptop. An old device is listed under...: I purchased Excel and it is not showing up on my new laptop. I have an old devise listed under my Microsoft account. How do I get it moved over? I no longer have the old laptop. Please advise...
  5. I purchased excel and it's not showing up on my new laptop. An old device is listed under...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I purchased excel and it's not showing up on my new laptop. An old device is listed under...: I purchased Excel and it is not showing up on my new laptop. I have an old devise listed under my Microsoft account. How do I get it moved over? I no longer have the old laptop. Please advise...
  6. I purchased excel and it's not showing up on my new laptop. An old device is listed under...

7. I can't open some Excel files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't open some Excel files.: I can't open some Excel files from OneDrive or from MS Explorer. I get the following comment: "Cannot open the file because the file path is more than 259 characters. Try shortening the path or the filename". Similar files there are no issues. When I try changing the file...
  8. I can't open some Excel files.

I can't open some Excel files.: I can't open some Excel files from OneDrive or from MS Explorer. I get the following comment: "Cannot open the file because the file path is more than 259 characters. Try shortening the path or the filename". Similar files there are no issues. When I try changing the file...
  9. Excel calculating result from two discreet numbers with generating unexpected decimal

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Excel calculating result from two discreet numbers with generating unexpected decimal: Simple ghost in the machine: I subtract two discreet numbers: 8.69 from 9.49. The result SHOULD BE 0.80, but if you expand out to the 15th yes, 15th! position, there's a 1 in other words, 0.800000000000001. FYI, I discovered this because a simple =if stmt to test if this...
  10. Can't paste into Calculator from Excel

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Can't paste into Calculator from Excel: As per title, because there's a dollar sign in the figure. Win7 did this very well... ffs 21718