Windows 10: Excel to open zip or notepad file

Discus and support Excel to open zip or notepad file in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am trying to open a zip text file into excel. It open i nto notepad. Excel is not listed as an option. How can I make it so? Windows 10 user... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JudithBrow, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Excel to open zip or notepad file

I am trying to open a zip text file into excel. It open i

nto notepad. Excel is not listed as an option. How can I make it so?

Windows 10 user

:)

JudithBrow, Apr 28, 2020

2. Now, each and every excel file opens in NOTEPAD.

Last Friday is ended up REFRESHING my pc. Big mistake. It removed MSOFFICE. The files were apparently marked to "OPEN WITH" - NOTEPAD. Now, each and every excel file opens in NOTEPAD. How can I get it to open with another program? Excel is not showing
    on that list. Yesterday I re-installed OFFICE. I now have that program, but it isn't showing on the "OPEN WITH" command. HELP!!!

OT:

Windows 10 and Excel

JolieWeiler, Apr 28, 2020
  3. bigcuban Win User
    Zipped folders opening in notepad

I tried to open one ZIP file in notepad and accidentally set them to always open with notepad. I left clicked and pressed open with then notepad. I tried to change it back in properties but I can't figure it out. Unfortunately I had never done a zipped file before so I didn't know about winrar or zip 7 yet so at first I actually made it open with internet explorer and then made it open with notepad and now it won't let me do it with anything else

bigcuban, Apr 28, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Excel to open zip or notepad file

CSV files used to open in Excel....not now!

Hi, you say Excel is installed. Does it run normally?

You can't find Excel in (an unspecified) list of applications. I don't know which list that is for sure.

For example, in the list related to:
    - rt click a file. Open With
    - this list:

Excel to open zip or notepad file [​IMG]

- this list:

Excel to open zip or notepad file [​IMG]

- some other list...

If Excel does not appear in the above, I suggest you repair your office installation.

Maybe the above gives you some ideas. Otherwise please post a screenshot of where you think you should see it but don't. Thanks.

dalchina, Apr 28, 2020
Thema:

Excel to open zip or notepad file

1. Excel to open zip or notepad file - Similar Threads - Excel open zip

2. NEED TO OPEN FILES WITH ZIP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NEED TO OPEN FILES WITH ZIP: Hello, I lost the capacity to open a ZIP file after my computer experienced an OS failure. The computer was repaired by GeekSquad but no more ZIP opening capacity. I have Windows 10 and when the repair was completed Geek gave me the flash driver used in the repair process. I...
  3. NEED TO OPEN FILES WITH ZIP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NEED TO OPEN FILES WITH ZIP: Hello, I lost the capacity to open a ZIP file after my computer experienced an OS failure. The computer was repaired by GeekSquad but no more ZIP opening capacity. I have Windows 10 and when the repair was completed Geek gave me the flash driver used in the repair process. I...
  4. unable to open zip files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unable to open zip files: using windows 10,unable to open zip file using winzarchecked app by uninstalled ad reinstalling it no useunable to extract file too simply says as cannot open.changed ownership to everyone still couldnt open the zip filehelp me with the exact solution..........
  5. opening a zip file

opening a zip file: Hello I am trying to open a zip file; when i extract all and go to the file it says file is empty. so i tried internet explorer because i used that before and it says file has a virus. but i know for a fact the file is safe. how can i get my file to open so i can safe it. it...
  6. Files opening with Notepad

Files opening with Notepad: i have a issue where all my .rpf files are opening with notepad. how would i get them back to normal? the icon was a white piece of paper before if its any help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-opening-with-notepad/97a85f6f-c2f4-43a6-9c92-1e4e69ddaf28
  7. Unable to open .zip files

Unable to open .zip files: Hey so I'm unable to open .zip files. I've done a system restore, downloaded WinRAR, among other things. Can you guys help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-zip-files/b0733389-3aaf-4322-b6af-36c1f6c4abf0"
  8. notepad to excel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    notepad to excel: how do I put data existing in comma separated file into an excel document? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_productivity/notepad-to-excel/594f77b4-7ac8-4c02-b7d3-1aa0da0fcf5d
  9. Zips files will not open

in Windows 10 Support
    Zips files will not open: I recently upgraded to Windows10 on my desktop Dell. Last week I attempted to unzip some files & open .tif files that had been saved when I was still running Windows 8.1. Previous to the upgraded I never had a issue unzipping these files and they are always from the same...
  10. Zipped folders opening in notepad

in Windows 10 Support
    Zipped folders opening in notepad: I tried to open one ZIP file in notepad and accidentally set them to always open with notepad. I left clicked and pressed open with then notepad. I tried to change it back in properties but I can't figure it out. Unfortunately I had never done a zipped file before so I didn't...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. open zip file