Windows 10: EXCEL uses (any version) change format from dec comma to dec point

Discus and support EXCEL uses (any version) change format from dec comma to dec point in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hi there I've got a simple question used to do it in my head - but forgotten. A piece of software is blowing up because when reading an uploaded... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by jimbo45, Jan 26, 2018.

1. jimbo45 Win User

EXCEL uses (any version) change format from dec comma to dec point

Hi there

I've got a simple question used to do it in my head - but forgotten.

A piece of software is blowing up because when reading an uploaded excel file it's not interpreting my numbers correctly -- I've got say 424,94 USD which in the UK should be written as 424.94 and for bigger amounts for example 190.293,51 should be 190,293.51 The application is terminating with Number convert !!.

The application software is reading file as a CSV file -- that's not a problem - it's the number format of the decimal fields.

I don't want to edit the whole thing line by line -- is there a quick way of editing this -- also I don't want to change EXCEL so it always uses UK/US data format -- just want to change the 2 columns in the spreadsheet.

EXCEL uses (any version) change format from dec comma to dec point [​IMG]

Thanks

Cheers
    jim

:)

jimbo45, Jan 26, 2018

2. Does the N95 come with an Excel viewer?

Yes you can view basic excel files using the built in quick office software.

It only displays basic features and does not show any advanced formatting.

Message Edited by psychomania on 06-Dec-200701:54 PM

psychomania---01, Jan 26, 2018
  3. Wrong characters in sms export

I try to explain better with an example.

I write a message containing the latin small letter a with grave (dec 224 in extended ascii). I see this character correctly both on the phone and in the Nokia Communication Centre.

Now I select the message in Communication Centre and I export it in .csv format.

If I open the file using UltraEdit, Notepad or MS Excel I always see the latin capital letter A with tilde (dec 195 in extended ascii).

With some letters, the original character is trasformed in a couple of characters.

blongo---01, Jan 26, 2018
  4. dalchina New Member

Click column header and do find and replace operating on all cells in that column?

Indeed if I click one column header, and CTRL click the other, I have 2 columns selected - as you have- and can do just one replace operation. (Hint- I use WPS office not EXCEL)

dalchina, Jan 26, 2018
  5. Superfly Win User
    Yup.. can do w/o formatting...

EXCEL uses (any version) change format from dec comma to dec point [​IMG]

Superfly, Jan 26, 2018
  6. Have you changed your LOCALE setting?

margrave55, Jan 26, 2018
  7. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

this is a one off so I don't want to do that
    @Superfly --that's the solution

Changed to TEXT, did the edit in a few steps -- changed the '.' to something like '@', changed the ',' to '.', removed the '@' to nothing' (not space but null) and then all fine as then I rest thing to NUM and software loaded into target file on the work application server.

Thanks

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. EXCEL uses (any version) change format from dec comma to dec point - Similar Threads - EXCEL uses version

2. Dec 16 W10 updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dec 16 W10 updates: My printers started giving problems using Hallmark Card software & Word envelope settings in the last 2 days. After trying all other methods, including re-installing software I had given up when I decided to check W10 updates. 2 were issued Dec 16 so I uninstalled them both I...
  3. Dec 16 W10 updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dec 16 W10 updates: My printers started giving problems using Hallmark Card software & Word envelope settings in the last 2 days. After trying all other methods, including re-installing software I had given up when I decided to check W10 updates. 2 were issued Dec 16 so I uninstalled them both I...
  4. Dec 16 W10 updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Dec C++ is not opening

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dec C++ is not opening: when I first opened it after installation it worked fine , but when I closed it and tried to re open it doesn't respond, pleases help submitted by /u/Sathqe [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kob38d/dec_c_is_not_opening/
  6. Problems after Dec. update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problems after Dec. update: Since updating a few days ago I can't use the Start logo, can't use the type here to search box, can't see to mute or unmute headphones, etc. Whenever I try to go to settings, etc. everything starts breaking up and flashing. I may or may not get the setting page I want. This...
  7. Microsoft Launcher 6.2.201102.92686 version for Android - Dec. 2

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Launcher 6.2.201102.92686 version for Android - Dec. 2: With Microsoft Launcher provides a new home screen experience that allows you to seamlessly transition between your Android phone and your PC. Microsoft Launcher makes it easy to continue viewing photos or documents on your PC, empowering you to be more productive across all...
  8. Microsoft Launcher 6.2.201002.92049 version for Android - Dec. 1

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Launcher 6.2.201002.92049 version for Android - Dec. 1: With Microsoft Launcher provides a new home screen experience that allows you to seamlessly transition between your Android phone and your PC. Microsoft Launcher makes it easy to continue viewing photos or documents on your PC, empowering you to be more productive across all...
  9. Decimal point replaced by comma

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Decimal point replaced by comma: In calculator, instead of a decimal point, I see a comma. [ATTACH] Also, in Microsoft Word, I see a comma - again in place of a decimal point. [ATTACH] Moved from: Microsoft education/ Office / Word...
  10. VMWARE version 11 to appear in Dec

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VMWARE version 11 to appear in Dec: Hi there VMWARE users - a new release is appearing in Dec - version 11 - hopefully they will have done SOME testing with W10 VM's. Currently I'm playing around with HYPER-V and apart from some networking issues I quite like it - however I might try the 30 day free trial...