Windows 10: Excel VBA - selecting a cell in different sheet using GoTo and IF statement giving error.

Discus and support Excel VBA - selecting a cell in different sheet using GoTo and IF statement giving error. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all, I am trying to select a cell in different sheet in my code using nested IF and GoTo, however, I am getting Runtime error:1004 Code is as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ertan Salman, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Excel VBA - selecting a cell in different sheet using GoTo and IF statement giving error.

Hi all,

I am trying to select a cell in different sheet in my code using nested IF and GoTo, however, I am getting Runtime error:1004

Code is as below.

I apologise, It might look very amateur :

Excel VBA - selecting a cell in different sheet using GoTo and IF statement giving error. 014fa1aa-9a0d-4f0e-addd-1a78d057d9fe?upload=true.jpg

:)

Ertan Salman, Jun 29, 2020
  2. Rajesh S Win User

Better overview of different sheets in Microsoft Excel

I would like to suggest you a simple method to create Hyperlink of Sheet Name for easy navigation.

Excel VBA - selecting a cell in different sheet using GoTo and IF statement giving error. Tzy3c.png

How it works:

• Press Ctrl+K to open the Insert Hyperlink dialog box.
    • Click the Place in This Document button.
    • Then link to the sheet, select Sheet name from Cell Reference & press OK.
    • In Type the Cell reference write the Cell address which you want to
      attach with Sheet's Hyperlink.

Note,

• Repeat Step 1 to 3 for other Sheets.
    • Using this method you can create Sheet's Name list in desire order.

Rajesh S, Jun 29, 2020
  3. Try3 Win User
    Excel 2010 Document Inspector reports hidden sheets, not shown in VBA

Just a wild shot in the dark ...

Didn't macros get recorded in worksheets before Excel switched to VBA?
    - I can't think how far back this was. Possibly Excel 4 in the early 1990s.
    - Of course, this would make no sense at all if your workbook had been created since, say, Excel 2007.

If your workbook is older than that I'd suggest
    1 Create a new blank one then, with both open at once, use the sheet tab Move or copy ... to copy each sheet to the new blank workbook.
    2 In the VBEditor of the new workbook, create two new modules [Functions, Procedures] and then just copy the code text across from one to the other.
    3 In the VBEditor window of the old one, in the Microsoft Excel objects list select each sheet in turn {including ThisWorkbook} then right-click and select View code. If there is anything in any of them, copy it to the same place in the new workbook.

Excel VBA - selecting a cell in different sheet using GoTo and IF statement giving error. [​IMG]

Denis

4. Josje Win User

Excel VBA - selecting a cell in different sheet using GoTo and IF statement giving error.

Storing Pictures in Excel Sheet

Hi Now,

I posted the following on the MSDN Excel forum, and the answer was that the suggested method (in particular the VBA) is not available.

But perhaps there is another way to accomplish the task?

I would be ever so thankfull for a good suggestion

Jos

PS: A have experience with VBA, VBScript

---- previously posted:

Hi,

My boss wants me to buy a PDA with Windows Mobile 6. The customer sends a

"normal" Excel-sheet of objects to be inspected. After loading into to PDA

the workers have to take a picture of objects that fail inspection. The

picture then has to be linked to the Mobile-sheet by means of a hyperlink.

I think this is possible used a bit of VBA in Excel, but does Excel Mobile

support VBA?

--

Jos

Answer something like,

I think a no to that.

Josje, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

Excel VBA - selecting a cell in different sheet using GoTo and IF statement giving error.

1. Excel VBA - selecting a cell in different sheet using GoTo and IF statement giving error. - Similar Threads - Excel VBA selecting

2. Excel work sheet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Excel work sheet: I have recovered lost/deleted excel worksheet from my HDD by 'minitool power data recovery software'. But when open "format or file extension is not valid" msg window comes. how can I recover my worksheet....
  3. Excel work sheet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Excel work sheet: I have recovered lost/deleted excel worksheet from my HDD by 'minitool power data recovery software'. But when open "format or file extension is not valid" msg window comes. how can I recover my worksheet....
  4. Cannot select text in one specific cell in Excel 365

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot select text in one specific cell in Excel 365: Am trying to select text in a cell in Excel365 to change it to strikethru but cannot select it by any means - double click just moves the cursor - SHIFT Arrow left/right does the same. I can delete it, but not select it. Other cells work correctly. Any ideas?...
  5. Need Excel 2010 Macro to insert image over 31 sheets on same cell.

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Need Excel 2010 Macro to insert image over 31 sheets on same cell.: I have 15 spread sheets. Each one with a front page (sheet = the tabs at the bottom). Tab 2 to tab 32 on the same cell (46 F) I need to insert an image (My digital signature). This means 15 X 31 whereby I have to insert this. I was thinking that perhaps there is a way of...
  6. coping text from a excel cell to another excel cell

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    coping text from a excel cell to another excel cell: I am trying to copy text from one excel to another excel cell automatically on the same worksheet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/coping-text-from-a-excel-cell-to-another-excel/5a272c74-33e6-457c-82f8-3ae3196e8f81"
  7. Excel sheet is automatically open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Excel sheet is automatically open: Why Excel sheet is automatically pop-up many sheets when I turn on my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excel-sheet-is-automatically-open/998d27e4-30b4-46a4-a225-0c8361ec18c6
  8. Excel 2010 Document Inspector reports hidden sheets, not shown in VBA

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel 2010 Document Inspector reports hidden sheets, not shown in VBA: I have a worksheet with 14 tabs along the bottom. I've had the worksheet for many years - creation date is 16 November 1997 -and it's evolved over time to be more and more useful. Obviously been through many versions of Excel. It has several user functions and VBA procedures....
  9. Updated computer with Excel sheet opened and now the excel sheet is deleted.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updated computer with Excel sheet opened and now the excel sheet is deleted.: I updated my computer on Friday and I believe I left an excel sheet I was working on open when I set it to "update and shut down". Now, on Monday, I tried to open the document. it opened, I saved it, and then the whole document went white and the mouse showed it was loading....
  10. Restore Excel file sheet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Restore Excel file sheet: Working in an Excel file I mistakenly deleted a "sheet" is it possible to restore it? I've looked in the Recycle Bin, I've tried "restore previous version." https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-excel-file-sheet/7f8a11d4-0a49-45df-8396-c0d21791c1bc"