Windows 10: Excel will not open at all and Word is saving documents as blank. Also getting error message

Discus and support Excel will not open at all and Word is saving documents as blank. Also getting error message in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I cannot open Excel at all. Word documents will open but are saving blank and now I'm getting the following error: C:?Windows/System32/msxml6.dll is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JessicaCovey, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Excel will not open at all and Word is saving documents as blank. Also getting error message

I cannot open Excel at all. Word documents will open but are saving blank and now I'm getting the following error:

C:?Windows/System32/msxml6.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status 0xc0000020

I'm afraid to reinstall program not knowing if this will eliminate all saved documents.

:)

JessicaCovey, Jan 6, 2020

2. Word and Excel documents are slow to open in Windows 10

Have the same problem, here are my conditions:

- Windows 10 Professional x64.

- Office 2007 Ultimate.

- Opening Word and Excel documents is slow when Word/Excel not currently open/running.

- Opening the Word/Excel document with Word/Excel already open is fast/normal.

Solution is the same as reported:

1) Disable Cortana.

2) Restart Windows.

Step 2 is very important.

wayne_9901, Jan 6, 2020
  3. yapchagi Win User
    Word and Excel documents are slow to open in Windows 10

in my case, I don't need to restart windows. Closing cortana completely will make opening word and excel files fast like usual.

yapchagi, Jan 6, 2020
  4. Excel will not open at all and Word is saving documents as blank. Also getting error message

Word Document not Saving

Hi,

For us to isolate your concern with saving a Word document, we would like to ask for additional information. Please provide the following:

• Were there any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Does the issue occur when saving other documents?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rachelle Gra, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

Excel will not open at all and Word is saving documents as blank. Also getting error message

1. Excel will not open at all and Word is saving documents as blank. Also getting error message - Similar Threads - Excel open Word

2. Cannot Open Word or Excel Documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Open Word or Excel Documents: Hi,I can't open Word or Excel files in File Explorer. I don't get any kind of error message. It just clocks and when I click the upper right corner 'x' to close file explorer it puts not responding on the file explorer bar.I can open ,pdf and .jpeg files.Is anyone else having...
  3. Cannot Open Word or Excel Documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Open Word or Excel Documents: Hi,I can't open Word or Excel files in File Explorer. I don't get any kind of error message. It just clocks and when I click the upper right corner 'x' to close file explorer it puts not responding on the file explorer bar.I can open ,pdf and .jpeg files.Is anyone else having...
  4. Cannot Open Word or Excel Documents

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My document saved in Word ,Excel and PPt not accessible

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My document saved in Word ,Excel and PPt not accessible: Since the recent window upgrade my documents are not opening any more. Pls see the attached error screenshot. Kindly advise on what to do to access and edit my saved documents on my laptop, Thanks...
  6. Save As "Previous Locations" box blank in Word and Excel

in Windows 10 Customization
    Save As "Previous Locations" box blank in Word and Excel: I asked this in the Word Forum as that is where I discovered the problem, but it was suggested it's a Windows problem. I have no idea what happened, but when I am saving a document using 'save as', the default location shows up in the bar, but when I click the 'previous...
  7. Error message when starting a word document ot Excel file.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error message when starting a word document ot Excel file.: When I attempt to open a Word file or an Excel file I get this message: Updating office please wait a moment this message is in a red box . . . . . . . . after several seconds . . . . . Application unable to start correctly 0xc0000142. These files that I am unable to...
  8. My saved word documents open to a blank screen. How can I retrieve these saved documents?

My saved word documents open to a blank screen. How can I retrieve these saved documents?: When I click on a saved word document that I want to revise a blank screen appears. How can I retrieve my saved documents? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-saved-word-documents-open-to-a-blank-screen-how/e5a9d256-731a-4476-9d94-47cbe008b7f1"
  9. Opening documents saved in Word

Opening documents saved in Word: Hello I have many documents created in Open Office but saved as Word docs so they can be sent to others in a readable form. Suddenly they no can no longer be opened and any attempt to do so brings up a window stating that 'You are trying to use Office but you don't have...
  10. Saved Notepad document opening blank

Saved Notepad document opening blank: My boyfriend and I just moved into a new apartment, and we won’t have internet until tomorrow. My boyfriend writes scripts for videos he makes using online programs generally, but as we’re without internet for the time being, he’s been using Notepad instead. In the past two...