Windows 10: Excel will not open. MS Excel not recognising my account

Discus and support Excel will not open. MS Excel not recognising my account in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Trying to open Excel. I am logged into my MS account @outlook.com and get a message saying 'we could not find a work or school account with that email... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Miranda Gillott, Nov 20, 2023.

1. Excel will not open. MS Excel not recognising my account

Trying to open Excel. I am logged into my MS account @outlook.com and get a message saying 'we could not find a work or school account with that email address' It is my own personal MS365 and not a school or company MS account. Word is working perfectly by the way. So is PowerpointHelp me please someone as I have a number of spreadsheets I now cannot open and need to look at urgently.

:)

Miranda Gillott, Nov 20, 2023
  2. Bribree Win User

MS Excel won't open in Windows 10

I have just recently upgraded from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10. Now I have found that MS Excel won't open at all. I have read other suggestions and solutions posted in the Microsoft Community - and the one thing seems to stick out is that nobody actually
    knows definitely how to fix the problem. Sure, I have followed several suggestions - but they all seem to be educated guesses rather than actual step by step instructions to address the issue. I would like to think that the techs at Microsoft would have fixed
    this one before releasing Win 10 -after all - this is a huge problem. MS Excel is one of the most important apps in the business world today - yet it fails to perform in the latest operating system. I have had to go back to Windows 7 - and that is where I
    will stay. I need to know that MS Excel will open
    every time - not just hope it will open some time in the future.

Tread carefully, Microsoft. There are a lot of IT people here who don't think that Windows 10 is the God of all operating systems. And major glitches like this confirm their suspicions. Mac OS and Linux are happily taking in dis satisfied ex-MS Windows users.
    Windows 10 could be a brilliant OS - if only you would "get it right" first.

Bribree, Nov 20, 2023
  3. Excel isn't opening properly

Hello BradBoner

Does the error pop up as soon as you click on the Excel program to open or once the Excel is opened?

Try the steps below and check if it helps:

Step 1:

Try to open Excel in safe mode and check if it opens:

· Hold Windows key + R.

· Copy and paste, or type the following command in the Open box, and then press Enter:

Excel /safe

Note: There is space between Excel and/

If the issue does not occur in Excel safe, then try to disable add-ins associated with Excel 2013 and check the result.

· Click on File menu, Options and then Add-ins.

· Click on Go button besides Manage: Com-in Add.

· Check if there are add-ins listed, clear the checkbox to disable them.

Step 2:

If the above step fails, try the step below:

Right click on Excel (.exe) > Properties > Compatibility > uncheck all the boxes, click Ok and check if it helps.

To access Excel (.exe), open the following location:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office15\Excel.exe

Or

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\Root\Office15\Excel.exe

Try to open Excel and check if it opens.

Source:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/foru...

Hope this information can help you

Adis R. Asesora Independient

Adis Rivero, Nov 20, 2023
  4. Dayana O Win User

Excel will not open. MS Excel not recognising my account

Excel files opening in chrome

EXCEL files saved in SHARED SERVER open in Chrome by default. When I try to select what they should open in, EXCEL is not listed as an option.

HOWEVER, EXCEL files saved in PC Open to EXCEL Correctly and listed as EXCEL files as well.

Why are the Shared server EXCEL files opening only in chrome?

I have checked all the default program and Excel is listed in the system but not as an option when I try to open EXCEL files from Shared server.

Please help. This is a new computer, just finished setting up, Office 365 has been a nightmare all day.

Dayana O, Nov 20, 2023
Thema:

Excel will not open. MS Excel not recognising my account

1. Excel will not open. MS Excel not recognising my account - Similar Threads - Excel open Excel

2. Excel will not open. MS Excel not recognising my account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Excel will not open. MS Excel not recognising my account: Trying to open Excel. I am logged into my MS account @outlook.com and get a message saying 'we could not find a work or school account with that email address' It is my own personal MS365 and not a school or company MS account. Word is working perfectly by the way. So is...
  3. Excel not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Excel not opening: I have a question about ExcelThe following message appears when I try to open Excel. We are sorry, but Excel has run into an error that is preventing it from working correctly. Excel will need to close as a result. Would you like us to repair now". When I press the "Repair...
  4. Excel not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Excel not opening: I have a question about ExcelThe following message appears when I try to open Excel. We are sorry, but Excel has run into an error that is preventing it from working correctly. Excel will need to close as a result. Would you like us to repair now". When I press the "Repair...
  5. Excel app not opened!

Excel app not opened!: Idk what I did but I can't open any Microsoft related apps, tried reinstalled didn't work. I think it could be a virus but id a scan and found nothing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excel-app-not-opened/a134d506-e03b-4015-b34d-6828c06acd4f
  6. Opening Saved Excel,

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Opening Saved Excel,: I have a file saved in Excel and was just wandering if there was any way to program this file to open in full screen?There are times when I open this file and just the resizing and closing buttons are displayed....
  7. MS Excel file link

MS Excel file link: Hi, I am currently using MS Excel in a network with 3 other computers. On the Excel sheet, there is a shortcut link we made to be able to open another Excel file so we don't have to manually go to File Explorer and open the file. Everything was working fine but now...
  8. MS Office 365 eXCEL

in Windows 10 Customization
    MS Office 365 eXCEL: Two problems: One- In Excel, keep getting "we're sorry but excel has run into an error that is preventing it from working........" This error is extremely irritating as I have to reenter data everytime MS decides to "prevent it from working" and when you deal with the...
  9. MS Excel 2016 does not open

MS Excel 2016 does not open: Hi Microsoft Team! I would like to inquire what seems to be the problem whenever I launch Excel 2016. It does not push through and the dialogue box says: C:/USERS/EMR/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/Internet%20Explorer/Quick%20Launch/User%20Pinned/Task%20Bar/Excel%202016.Ink...
  10. MS office Excel 2016

MS office Excel 2016: How do I apply a new Theme Font to existing workbooks created with another Theme so that all fonts are changed to the new Theme? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-office-excel-2016/1465ff54-f342-4038-85bf-30d61a970d98